The Poconos Travel Guide

ratt1972

went here on my first trip to USA. my future wife found a town share to Hire for the week.We went in summer time and did some of the walks around the falls. a well good week that i enjoy.

Charlie Kuhn
    3 Jul 05, 2012

I must say that this was a trip to remember. I really enjoyed myself. Although the skiing part was a disaster for me and some of my friends. It was the first and last time for us on skis. We went on the lift, bypassing the beginner's area and paid dearly for that mistake. We practically fell off of the lift instead of jumping off. Of course we didn't even know the basics on how to ski. Once we were able to stand up, that's when we started to move and we picked up speed very quickly. The problem was that we didn't know how to slow down or turn correctly. So low and behold, we ended up in the trees and some of our skis were broken in half. I'm sure we were the funniest people there. We decided to call it quits and go to the pub at the lodge. That's basically where we stayed the rest of the day. Our pride may have gotten damaged alittle, but we still had a blast. So if you are a first timer with skiing, then stick to the beginner's area before advancing to the much larger hills. I would go again, but not to ski.

Jessica VanDyken
    3 Aug 17, 2012
    Brian Hernandez
    5 Aug 08, 2012

its the great place to live

Uta Hille
    5 Jul 19, 2012

beautiful nature

Thomas Kingston
    5 Jul 15, 2012

and a nice places to see

Suzzie Naylor

Evelyn Diaz
    5 Jun 19, 2012
Find Hotels in The Poconos:

46,255 people visited The Poconos

From adrenaline-pumped skiing in the winter to lazy summer days drifting in a canoe with a toe strumming the water, the Poconos mountain region has been hosting urbanite vacationers from the Northeast for generations. Covering almost 2500 square miles less than three hours' drive from New York City, Philadelphia or Boston, the Poconos has had many years in which to perfect the arts of hospitality ... read more
and fun. Want hiking, autumn leaf-peeping or fishing? Take your pick of dozens of trails, tree-strewn country drives or lakes and rivers. How about casinos, shopping or water parks? Yep, got those. Plus, lodging is plentiful. Quaint B&Bs and inexpensive motels blanket many towns, but many families and friends keep returning to the Poconos for the ritual of renting a cottage or home for a week each year.

Current ForecastbyWeather Underground