1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA 90802
Rearranging Deck Chairs On The Queen Mary

• The Queen MaryPro 2014

One of the premiere attractions in Long Beach, this ship is known to be haunted. Take a tour, or just marvel at it's size from afar.

• The Queen Mary

Great experience to board the ship and walk her decks and learn of her history.
    Was used as a troop transport in WWII. While in Long Beach visit the Belmont Shore area, the Aquarium of the Pacific or take the boat over to Catalina Island and spend the day.

• The Queen MaryPro 2014

We thought it was a good idea to go check out the "Titanic-like ship". We signed onto the ghost tour....which turned out to be the creepiest tour. They took us to some indoor pool in the ship and the hair on my arms were standing. If you have young kids, it would be a good idea to just stick on the deck.

Recommended for:Family TravelersHistory Buffs
  • The Queen Mary

I came here for Thanksgiving, and their buffet was a lot like the weekly Sunday champagne brunch they offer. The food is good with a lot of variety, and they replenish your champagne every time you take a sip. It can be a bit cheesy, especially with lounge singers crooning to you from above the shrimp table, but it's a fun experience.
    We took some time to explore the ship after our meal, and they do a really great job of providing information on the various rooms and sections of the boat. A few rooms have been preserved in their original state which was pretty cool. You can also spend a night on the boat at an affordable rate.

Recommended for:History BuffsLocal Culture
  • The Queen MaryAmbassadorPro 2014

One of the creepiest experiences ever. Seriously. Call me chicken, but the spectral atmosphere of this entire ship is just plain bone-chilling. Maybe it's something to do with the nautical, but a tour of the most haunted ship in the world is a pretty cool experience - especially around Halloween. And if you see the girl with outstretched arms in one of the narrow, low-ceilinged hallways, you have my full permission to scream like a little girl.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersHistory BuffsStudents
  • The Queen Mary

It's a drive south to Long Beach but worth the ride if you like big ships, history and carved, polished, wood furnishings. The pier nearby is a fun place to stop for a fish lunch too.

Recommended for:History Buffs
  • The Queen Mary

This is a 10 minute bike ride,or a 5 minute cab drive. The Queen Mary has music every Friday and Saturday night. Sundays offer great buffets and music in the afternoon on the promenade deck.

• The Queen Mary

The Queen Mary has an awesome Shipwreck every halloween! It has different levels of mazes, metal shows, dances rooms, and gouls walking about to give you that extra fright!

• The Queen Mary

Specifically I want to talk about Dark Harbor. This happens every October at the Queen Mary. They always have some monster running around scaring people even me. They have 6 mazes, entertainment, and if you go with a group of friends, it's pretty awesome.. I also recommend Universal Studios Horror Nights

• The Queen Mary

Spur of the moment, my Mom, sis, her boyfriend and my son decided to attend Dark Harbor at the Queen Mary.

I believe tickets were $20 on-line and $29 at the door. We weren't sure about bringing my son - he was a last minute addition so we had to purchase his ticket at the entrance.

I'd highly suggest printing your tickets from home - not sure why a person wouldn't but the Will Call line was very long, where as the line to purchase a ticket only had a few people waiting.

Parking is $15 or $20 for VIP (which we did, and is right up front)

I have to admit, I was a little nervous to attend this event because I don't usually do this sort of thing but it wasn't super scary at all.

I'm not sure if the employees were just getting the hang of things being that this event recently opened for the season or if it's just not as bad as other parks or Halloween attractions I have heard about.

Some monsters/zombies were more funny than anything.

There are 6 mazes (3 on the ship - 3 on land) and we did 5 of them as the wait for the Dome maze was over 90 minutes and we didn't want to wait. There is a front of the line pass for an additional $20. Most wait times were less than 30 minutes.

They serve Newcastle and Heineken and have a few places to eat - I think the woman at the front mentioned they were County Fair vendors. They take cash only and there are ATM's at the entrance.

Event staff and police were prominent throughout the entire event. Many staff also walk through the mazes, which is sort of nice to ensure everyone's safety - visitors and crew alike. There are also staff who are not in costume who are tucked away inside of the mazes just for safety I'd assume and to keep an eye on things.

At one point my son did not want to enter a maze and a monster woman helped to ensure him it was all fun and games and even offered to hold his hand and go through the maze with him or tell the other monsters he was coming through :) I thought it was very sweet of her, although he still sat out on that one.

They have live entertainment, music and plenty of places to sit down - which is also nice.

The bathrooms are a wreck and the portable restrooms are completely dark so I did not attempt to use them.

I do however wish the pegs from the pesky line divider stand things and ground covering on floor wiring running through the place were smoother. In the dark I don't feel these aspects are quite safe. I kept needing to watch my step so I didn't trip on anything.

If you are looking for a pants wetting, eye watering, get no sleep for a week sort of terrified I don't think this is the event for you but if you are looking for a fun way to ring in the Halloween season it's a fun place.

• The Queen Mary

Queen Mary offers a very swank (and pricy) Sunday brunch. Unlimited champagne and mimosas, prime rib, omelette's, you name it!

During October, there's a "Halloween Haunt," where the ship is repurposed into a haunted ghost ship! Creepy!

• The Queen Mary

It's an aged ship that hasn't been fully properly preserved, at least in my opinion. Wasn't this ship suppose to be as opulent as the once famous Titanic was? It was an ocean liner if memory serves correctly. Still there are still bits of grandeur in this old boat and they have great events happening year round. The views of Long Beach harbor is amazing once you step onto the outside areas.

• The Queen Mary

This is a great place to go if you like creepy, old hotels that used to be ships. No, really. I love the tours they do...especially the really expensive haunted tour. It's $50 for adults, but a lot of fun. Especially when you get to the pool!

• The Queen Mary

I have always had fun here with my family. And I especially love Shoreline Village. There are gift shops and eat spots there too!

• The Queen MaryPro 2014

Very impressive old cruise liner. They say it's full of ghosts. I didn't see any. But I did enjoy exploring the ship.

• The Queen Mary

I have been here twice and every time a great experience. Once I was about 7 and we took the haunted tour that was given on the ship. I was freaking out the very minutue the tour started. My dad thought it would be great if I was on his shoulders so I could see the ghost, but I was freaking out. The other time I was about 15 and I just walked around the boat for fun. The Queen Mary is a site to see when you go down into long beach. I would love to one day stay the night on the Queen Mary called the Queen Mary hotel, maybe another. trip.

• The Queen Mary

We stayed right on the boat. It has a nice hotel and a few restaurants. The ship is supposedly haunted. We didn't see any ghosts, but you can take a separate ghost tour.

• The Queen MaryPro 2014

This is well worth going to Long Beach. The tour was great just to see the rooms with the the brand new Formica counters in the upscale rooms. This shows what you can do with older cruise ships and other old structures instead of reducing them to scrap.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
  • The Queen Mary

There's a bar there with a pretty decent view of the harbor and drinks that are not overpriced. If you take the Passport down, you don't have to worry about paying for parking.

• The Queen Mary

The Queen Mary is a really weird and amazing place. A luxury cruise ship that's been a hotel for decades, it sort of feels like a step back in time. Lots of original Art Deco details still abound, and there are lots and lots of corridors and hallways to explore. It's supposed to be haunted, if you're into that kind of thing. I've never stayed here -- only poked around on day trips and had some drinks in the bar.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers

The Queen Mary luxury ocean liner has been a Long Beach, CA attraction since 1967. It once was one of the most exquisite vessels hosting a multitude of the rich and famous. Now stationed at its Long Beach home, the Queen Mary still exudes a stateliness no other cruise ship can compare to while serving the public with luxurious overnight accommodations, dining options and acting as host to numerous meetings and celebrations. For the curious at heart, and history lovers, visiting the Queen Mary is a fun and interesting step back in time for individuals and families alike to explore.

321 people visited The Queen Mary