The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 90%Luxury Travelers
- 74%Nightlife Lovers
- 67%Art & Design Lovers
- 67%Local Culture
- 67%History Buffs
- 59%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (11)
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 8Jan 04, 2014
Timeless elegance in the heart of New Orleans! Stay the night in a refined guest room, have a meal at stylish and very tasty Domenica, or have a Cocktail at the bar Sezerac came to life!!! Whatever your pleasure The Roosevelt, which is a Waldorf Astoria property, will be sure to please!
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Nov 24, 2013
While it has changed names, owners, and designs over its 120 years, this hotel still leaves quite the imprint on New Orleans’ façade. When The Roosevelt reopened in 2009 after renovations prompted by Hurricane Katrina, it also welcomed renowned Chef John Besh’s Dominica restaurant into the fold. Serving authentic Italian pizzas, pastas, and sodas (try the Aranciata Rossa, blood orange soda), the place keeps a homey, warm, and welcoming feel to one and all. Also, be sure to stop in at The Sazerac Bar where America’s first cocktail – and the official cocktail of New Orleans – all three of the same name, was invented. It’s also where former Louisiana Governor Huey P. Long took up residence and held many a political meeting off the books with a Ramos Gin Fizz in hand.
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 03, 2013
The Roosevelt is beautiful. It's also home to the Sazerac bar, as historic as it is storied. When Huey Long couldn't get a satisfactory Ramos Gin Fizz in New York, he had the Roosevelt send the head bartender to teach Manhattan how to mix his favorite cocktail. The Sazerac has been setting the standard ever since. For even more fun, John Besh restaurant Domenica is situated within the hotel. Happy hour boasts half-price pizzas, wines by the glass, and other fine surprises.
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jul 24, 2013
Summer bonus points for its rooftop pool, complimentary for guests and accessible to travelers for a fee. Gorgeous views and an elegant, luxuriant setting.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesLuxury TravelersHistory Buffs+ 1Mar 10, 2013
Put some money in Huey Long's infamous bribe box, enjoy the real Sazerac, or get lost in the beauty of the Blue Room. The Roosevelt Hotel posses all the old South charm you expect in a New Orleans Hotel. (And if you happen to come during December, the lobby decorations will take your breath away.)
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelMember ofFoodiesOutdoor EnthusiastsVegetarian+ 1Nov 21, 2013
Hotel was nice, especially the lobby, rooms were good with comfortable bed. Location was centrally located and walking distance to everywhere in the french quarter. I would recommend staying here.
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Collection HotelJul 05, 2012
When I first walked into The Roosevelt, I had deja vu: the lobby of this Art Deco beauty looks so much like lobby of The Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. (Well, it IS, after all, a W.A. hotel.) Glittering with mirrors and chandeliers, The Roosevelt combines the old and new to stunning effect. I love that Domenica Italian Restaurant, just to your left as you walk in, is an uber-modern looking restaurant (with arguably the best pizza/happy hour in the city). And it's celeb chef John Besh's baby. But what about the rooms? Immaculate, unfussy, with a pristine bathroom. And if you want a nightcap and don't want to walk a few blocks to the Quarter? The Sazerac Bar (in addition to being beautiful, dark, clubby, and filled with Art Deco murals) boasts the best Sazerac cocktail in the city, according to a friend who is a NOLA culinary historian. Seriously, this place has everything, including the only Guerlain spa outside of NYC in the US!
Dining options at The Roosevelt include four restaurants and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a health club, and a fitness facility. The property's full-service health spa has body treatments, massage/treatment rooms, facials, and beauty services. This 4.5-star property has a 24 hour business center and offers small meeting rooms, technology support staff, and audio-visual equipment. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. This New Orleans property has 60,000 square feet of event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Business services, wedding services, and tour assistance are available. Additional property amenities include a poolside bar, a coffee shop/café, and valet parking. This is a smoke-free property.
Guestrooms have city views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses, down comforters, and premium bedding. Furnishings include desks and sofa beds. Bathrooms feature handheld showerheads. They also offer phones, televisions, and makeup/shaving mirrors. Wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer cordless phones, iPod docking stations, and voicemail. Rooms feature 42-inch LCD televisions with premium satellite channels, first-run movies, and On Command video. Air-conditioned rooms also include minibars, blackout drapes/curtains, electronic check-out, and welcome amenities. Guests may request hypoallergenic bedding, extra towels/bedding, and wake-up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 18 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following mandatory hotel imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
- City/local tax: US $2.00 per room, per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking: US $42.56 per night
- Pets: US $175.00 per stay
- Pet deposit: US $175.00 per stay
- Early check-out: US $75.00
- Wireless Internet in public areas: US $0 (rates may vary)
- In-room high speed Internet (wired): US $12.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed: US $50.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Excellent!801 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Location93% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance88% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 87%.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 86% satisfied guests.
- Hotel85% thought it was clean.