The Spotted Pig

314 West 11th St # 1, New York, NY 10014

• The Spotted PigAmbassadorPro 2014
    Nally
    5 Jun 01, 2014

Happy anniversary to the Spotted Pig. I've been wanting to visit April Bloomfield's gastropub for years, but a two-to-three hour wait was always a deterrent. To celebrate ten years, they accepted reservations for two weeks. Most people order the massive burger, but absolutely everything you can fit on your tiny table is delicious.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendsters
  • The Spotted PigCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Monica Suma
    5 May 18, 2014

The name of this West Village restaurant certainly reminds me of London's quirky named bars. Apart from the charming neighborhood surroundings and possible celebrity sightings, this place is best known for its juicy rockfort cheese burger and shoestring rosemary fries. The wait is a bummer (by that I mean 2-3 hrs wait for a table), so I suggest you put on a fight for the bar seats. It's worked for me twice!

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Ken Oringer
    5 May 12, 2014

You can't go wrong with one of April Bloomfield’s joints. The Spotted Pig offers really great value on top-notch food, serves delicious cocktails, and most importantly, is open late! Tables are available on a walk-in only basis, but if you come during lunch or after 11pm the wait is usually pretty manageable.

Sean Jackson
    5 Mar 23, 2014

Mario Batali helped start this popular gastropub and I can't say enough good things about it. The menu is constantly changing but the quality of the food doesn't. You might even spot a celebrity or two if you're lucky. I recommend going for dinner as their menu is by far the best during the evening. There is usually a pretty long wait and they don't take reservations so plan on taking a little earlier dinner to beat the rush.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Scott McGaraghan
    5 Jan 19, 2014

Cool little neighborhood spot with an eclectic menu - almost too eclectic for my 12 year old, but not quite. The homemade custard filled doughnut made everything ok. We came at 11 on a Sunday in January and say right away, but it is tiny and they don't take reservations, so beware

Harold Smith-Franzen (@smithfranzen)
    5 Mar 23, 2014

The Spotted Pig lives up to its reputation. The waits can be long but this a charming little pub with excellent food and, yes, warm beer.

Everything we had during my visit was very good. It may seem a bit painful to pay $17 for a grilled cheese but it will be the best grilled cheese you have had in your life. The fries are definitely worth the calorie splurge -- thin, crispy, and nicely flavored with rosemary and garlic. You can't go wrong.

To save time, you may want to consider ordering food in the upstairs pub. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Patricia Garcia-Gomez
    1 Nov 08, 2013

SPOTTED PIG = GREEDY PIG Unless you are getting a burger or a pint, DO NOT GO HERE. scallops dinner plate $32 - you 3 scallops and 2 inch piece of pumpkin., wash i down with a 10$ guiness. but hey, you're here to be cool, yes?

Steve Hunter
    4 Jul 23, 2013

The food here is very good and yes you may spot a celebrity...I literally almost banged heads once with the actress Bridget Moynahan (who is gorgeous). They also have a nice selection of beers on tap. The Hamburgers are very good, but it's their variation on a Cuban Sandwich that I love. I think it's the Devils on Horseback that I like to start with...

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies
    Kristen Pieszko
    5 Jul 11, 2013

The atmosphere here was totally different than I imagined for it being located in the West Village and I loved it. Much more fun, creative and casual than I expected and the food was absolutely outstanding. The ricotta gnudi was absolutely to die for. I made the mistake of sharing it and next time I would definitely make sure to order one for myself!

• The Spotted PigCommunity Manager
    Jenny Layne Cardon
    4 Jan 31, 2013

I would have given Spotted Pig 5 stars but the rockfort cheese was a tad too rich for my taste... otherwise, very colorful staff and cozy atmosphere.

Ryan Robbins
    2 May 27, 2014

The food is good, nothing spectacular. The staff are all completely up their own asses. I don't like going out to a restaurant where the staff feels like they're part of such a special restaurant that they treat the customers like cattle. In a truly great restaurant, the customers are treated as the gems they are because without them, the restaurant will not survive.

Rebecca Everson
    5 Nov 27, 2012

The wait time is always less than they say. Have a frozen mule while you wait at the bar. They have the best deviled eggs ever and I don't even like deviled eggs. Their burger is amazing. I never think I can finish it but I always do. The gnudi is also amazing if you want an appetizer to start.

Mark Castellani
    5 Nov 19, 2012

I love this place. It's in a great neighborhood - West Village - and their fries and burgers are insanely good. Although it's always a pain to get any seat, I keep coming back to it. Make sure you call to make a reservation if you want to go for a proper dinner. If not, you're looking at a 2h wait. I usually just go to the bar area.

Chelle A
    5 Nov 05, 2012

April Bloomfield. Enough said. I think I had pig in every form, ear bacon, etc and all delicious. Totally worth the long wait

Hadley Diest
    5 Oct 30, 2012

April Bloomfield's masterpiece - gastropubs in England aren't even this good. I've been at least 10x and every time is stomach filling amazingness. Avoid obvious rush times and you can usually get in within 30 mins (even if they tell you it will be longer...). Only slight drawback - be prepared for cramped quarters..

Dan Tracer
    3 Sep 10, 2012

I’ve only ever had the burgers at Spotted Pig, but what a burger! It’ll set you back $20, but some things are just worth paying for. Great beer selection too, and a cute English vibe.

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    4 Sep 10, 2012

Ahh, the spotted pig.
    Such and eclectic atmosphere. There was an interesting array of decorations, pigs of different shapes and sizes. We had to wait 45 minutes for a table on a Saturday afternoon around 2-3. If possible, I suggest making a reservation. The restaurant was crowded but it was fun to people watch while eating. My friend and I heard 3 different languages as we sat to order from the late lunch menu.

The friend ordered the infamous burger and I ordered the smoked haddock chowder, and we ended up sharing. We had to get their on tap Speckled Hen - went great with both the burger and chowder.
    The burger was soooo good. Very simple. Just meat + cheese + bun. We even asked the waitress if there were any add-on options to the burger but she politely suggested that once we tried the burger, we wouldn't want to add anything to it. She was right! The quality of these 3 ingredients (I wish I knew what bread they used, the cheese was Roquefort) made one savory, tasty burger. The burger came with a heaping side of shoestring fries. I liked how they added little pieces of fried garlic and rosemary. Yum!
    I wish I could say my haddock chowder was just as good, but it was alright. I mean, it was pretty good but I could make it better at home. For the price and hype, I expected better.

I would love to go again and try their lunch and dinner menu!

dwoo
    5 Jul 31, 2012

Get the burger and fries they are just sooooooooo good. The burgers have an amazing flavor and are well put together. The fries are deceivingly filling, it doesn't look like they'll fill you up, but don't worry you'll be stuffed. I haven't tried anything else at the spotted pig because I can't stop getting the burger. As always go early or make a reservation

Joe LaLonde

Great atmosphere, ok food. The two employees I had contact with, the hostess and the bartender, were extremely friendly. As noted before, the food takes a ridiculous amount of time to get (it was far from busy at 3pm when I was there) but the bartender and other patrons helped pass the time. Don't plan on dropping in for a quick bite, but go with friends or make some new ones there and just enjoy the time out.

Erin Mayo

Celeb spottings during the week, with one of the best burger and fries in the village, the spotted pig is a must go.

3,143 people visited The Spotted Pig