The St. Regis Hotel, New York

Two East 55th Street, at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10022

• The St. Regis Hotel, New YorkPro 2014
    Steve DeAngelo
    5 Jan 04, 2014

We didn't actually stay at this hotel, but we spent seventy dollars drinking tea and eating cookies in the hotel's plush lobby.

Zora O'Neill
    4 Oct 23, 2013

I'm reviewing this hotel only for its public areas--I haven't stayed there! The fabulous King Cole Bar is an old-school legend, with gorgeous Maxfield Parrish murals. The rest of the hotel's lobby and dining rooms are equally old-school and dotted with little treasures here and there. It doesn't have any huge train-station-like central area--the whole place is carved into more intimate and cozy spaces. Service is good and smooth, but still New Yorky--ie, not fawning, and a bit clipped and efficient (which I like, but some may not expect for such a high-end place).

Recommended for:History BuffsLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
  • The St. Regis Hotel, New YorkCommunity Manager
    Jenny Layne Cardon
    5 May 02, 2013

One of the most beautiful gems of a hotel in the world, the St. Regis is unparalleled in quality of service and luxurious details. Highly attentive staff, rich decor and beautiful amenities, the St. Regis does not fail to impress locals and visitors on a constant basis.

Lucy Swift Weber Youdovin
    4 Feb 17, 2013

High tea is great and the King Cole Bar is sometimes great, but sometimes so filled with tourists in t-shirts, it hardly resembles the fantastic old New York establishment it has always been. The lobster club is AMAZING and their bloody mary's are rivaled only by their dirty vodka martini's.

Lori Smith
    5 Aug 11, 2012

The high tea at St. Regis is the best I have ever experienced. My friends and I frequent it often because we never feel rushed, the selection of sandwiches and petit fores are wonderful, and the ambiance is relaxing. It's a must if you are visiting the city.

Mary Hall, The Recessionista
    5 Jul 09, 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis Hotel off 5th Ave and I have to give it up the St. Regis!!! It's not new, but it's still amazing and ultra-fab. And they are now offering prix fix lunch and dinner. Both are amazing deals for NYC. I had Risotto, Lobster Salad + dessert for $45.00 for lunch. The prix fix dinner is now $60.00.

And I had my own private butler who bought me coffee in the am and pressed by Business Dress for me for my morning meeting.
    You might want to take a new look at this old hotel. It's still the grand lady of NYC luxury. The St. Regis is the NIRVANA of NY TRAVEL!!

Recommended for:Business Travelers
  • The St. Regis Hotel, New YorkPro 2014
    Mel S Wong

Where the very first bloody mary was created (in the old king cole bar) as the legend goes, St. Regis NYC IS legendary in its own rite. Walking inside is stepping into a time tunnel and be transported into the heyday of when money could buy what isn't possible today. When steel magnates, oil barons, financiers ran the world! This St. Regis is the most special one in the world because of its originality, its history, and its bloody mary.

Recommended for:History Buffs
    Alan Marek

I had a 3 night weekend stay with my family to celebrate my sister's birthday. My experience seemed to be a lot different than what others have experienced here so it's possible we just caught them on a bad weekend.

The Good:
    - Location - right on 5th Avenue near Central Park and just a couple of blocks to the subway. Great location if that's the area you want to be in.
    - The rooms - Very spacious for our standard room. We had 2 rooms which were put together like suites - a small area connecting the two rooms, so we could keep both rooms open while keeping a main door into the hallway locked. The beds were extremely comfortable, and for a standard room in NYC, you can't get much bigger than these rooms. They definitely have the St. Regis feel to them.
    - The butlers are very attentive and friendly and respond very quickly if you need something.

The Bad:
    - We arrived around 3 pm on a Friday. After unloading from our taxi, I was surprised that no one was there to greet us and help with our luggage. We all had to drag our luggage up the stairs. Not a big deal but I would have expected someone to offer help being the St. Regis.
    - We tried to check in but was told our rooms were not yet ready and to keep checking back. It was until about 5 pm before we were able to check in. We asked if they could hold our luggage while we walked around to wait. We weren't the only ones because literally about half of the (small) lobby was covered in a sea of luggage out in the open - the luggage room had run out of space. There was a very busy attendant watching all of the bags though. All of the staff tried to keep a smile but you could everyone was in chaos mode since the hotel was likely full.
    - No one offered to show us or explain what all the hotel had to offer (restaurants, amenities, etc).
    - We needed to travel home with a birthday cake and had asked the butler to package it up for travel. She did a great job but when we went through airport security they pulled us aside and questioned us about it. Turns out the butler had left a cake knife in the package! I'm assuming this was an accident but still something you would think they would have caught.

Overall, impressive building, but the staff just seemed rushed all weekend. I am sure it's a different experience during slower periods. For our trip, I didn't feel like we got the St. Regis experience, except for the nice rooms.

Ann Caruso

I love the St. Regis in NYC for the old world elegance and wonderful white glove service. Lunch, tea dinner is lovely and romantic. There new bar area inspired after Jason WU the designer and King Cole bare is famous and a must see.

Pam Groft
    5 Sep 04, 2012
Showing Lowest Prices

Excellent! - 89% of guests recommend

Set in the heart of New York, this hotel is close to Sony Wonder Technology Lab and Rockefeller Center, as well as Broadway. Other attractions include Grand Central Terminal.

Features.
Recreational amenities include a health club, a fitness facility, and a steam room. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms. This 5.0 star property has a business center and offers a

... read more
technology helpdesk and limo/town car service. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This New York property has event space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and a ballroom. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Wedding services and tour/ticket assistance are available. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff.

Guestrooms.
Beds come with premium bedding. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers with handheld showerheads. They also offer double sinks, phones, and televisions. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer cordless phones, CD players, and voice mail. Flat panel televisions have premium satellite channels, DVD players, and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, minibars, complimentary bottled water, and blackout drapes/curtains. Guests may request refrigerators, microwaves, and hypo allergenic bedding. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications:

Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Business Center
  • Voicemail
  • Electronic Room Keys
  • Safe
  • Mini Bar In Room

Excellent!463 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Ambiance
    100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
    97% liked the proximity to shopping.
  • Room
    88% said the beds were comfortable.
  • Service
    79% said the reception staff was great.
    75% considered it to be very well-maintained.
  • Food