- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 76%Art & Design Lovers
- 76%Business Travelers
- 71%Luxury Travelers
- 71%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
User Reviews (29 Reviews)
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofBusiness TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 12Jan 30, 2013
The Standard Hotel is a cheeky hotel that's great for partiers. Because of its location, there are a lot of business travelers who stay here as well.
The set up of the rooms is whimsical but not necessary the most functional. If you want an unique hotel experience, however, this is the place to check out.
Valet parking is $15 and self parking is $10. Make sure to check out the rooftop bar!Recommended for:Business Travelers
- The Standard Downtown LAOct 19, 2013
Pretty much the only boutique hotel in downtown LA (not counting the Japanese-style small hotels in Little Tokyo), the Standard is a tongue-in-cheek, whimsical crash pad for partiers and business travelers both. The skyline-view rooftop bar is extremely popular, especially for happy hour and on weekends. Rooms are priced by size (XS to XL) and have artsy, mod touches that are way fun.
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofBusiness TravelersLocal CultureFoodies+ 6Jul 04, 2012
Must visit the rooftop pool bar when ever I'm in LA. This place is so much fun. There are bed shaped chairs for you to relax in (or maybe they are just beds). They are in these funny red plastic tents. I don't love the whole upside down lettering/branding though, but one can get over that easily.
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3Jan 27, 2014
Standard hotel is a must visit for visitors to downtown LA, and the cafe is very retro cool- feels like a yellow space pod from the 70's. Menu changes every 6 months, I really enjoyed my coffee and turkey club sandwich. The fries were super addictive!
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Jan 27, 2014
The Standard is known for its sleek minimal design, using geometric shapes and select bright colors amidst its favorite, white, without losing comfort. The Downtown location is great because of its location. The rooftop pool has a stunning view of the city, as you are right in the middle of it all!Recommended for:Art & Design Lovers
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofFamily TravelersFoodiesWellness+ 5Jul 31, 2013
I haven't stayed at The Standard, but I've partied on the rooftop plenty of times, and it is great! Great view of the city, awesome pool, a cool crowd...all in all, a great place to have drinks day or night.
- The Standard Downtown LAMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2May 21, 2013
One of my favorite places to hang out at. The rooftop is really cool. There's a neat mix of people here. If you're a guest then you can go to the rooftop without paying to get in. The rooms are nice and spacious. Great place to hangout with friends. It's hip to be cool or something. Check out the Standard in Downtown next time you're looking for a place to stay.
Very Good!1455 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for travelers who want to party.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location92% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Ambiance88% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Bar and BeveragesDelicious alcoholic drinks, according to 77%.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 77% of guests gave positive comments.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 76% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Food76% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
About The Standard Downtown LA:
Dining options at The Standard Downtown LA include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor
There are 207 guestrooms at The Standard Downtown LA. Beds come with premium bedding. Bathrooms feature designer toiletries, bathrobes, and hair dryers. Partially open bathrooms are available in select guestrooms. In addition to complimentary wireless Internet access, guest rooms offer iPod docking stations. Flat-panel televisions have cable channels, DVD players, and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, minibars, blackout drapes/curtains, and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is available.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Valet parking: US$ 30 per night
- Pets: US$ 100 per stay
- Deposit: US$ 150 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.