The Standard, High Line
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 73%Business Travelers
- 67%Art & Design Lovers
- 67%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%Local Culture
Member Reviews (61)
- The Standard, High LineMember ofAdventure TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies+ 1Jan 03, 2014
This hotel is an architectural wonder and has been written up in almost every travel magazine since it opened. Rooms are gorgeous and the food is great. The only thing you need to be careful about is that people can see into your windows from the park, so if you are modest don't change in front of an open window.Recommended for:
- The Standard, High LineMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Jul 12, 2012
first off, no I did not see Zak Efron... is that how you spell his name?
But it is hard to differentiate anyone from anyone when I was at this hotel. Considering the location and everything.. the layout of the room is nice... nothing like waking up to the crotch of who ever is taking a shower in the morning. Hahahahaha. They lobby is a chic airport lounge like atmosphere and the elevators change at night.. so be aware of this before you get too drunk and try to go back at night... since they will wall off 2 of the 4 elevators. 2 for hotel and 2 for strictly club access.
Fortunately the last couple of days of my stay was very humid and therefore I got to know the hotel very well. They serve sorbet ice cream out front... there are staffers posting on the corner outside that look like hipsters who will help you with anything pre or post hotel stay.... the rooftop bar is pretty cool and so is the staffer with the towel on his head.
About that last part, I dont mean that in a derogatory racial ethnic kind of way... he literally had a towel wrapped around his head for whatever reason. I wasnt about to argue the point... but went with it. If I had stayed another day he had promised that he would take care of us if we wanted to come back to the club that night. Damn it all to heck... oh well.
- The Standard, High LineAmbassadorMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 9Apr 09, 2014
I stayed in a king bed room...I was surprised by the...uh...arrangement of the room. The shower shared a glass wall with the bed. Their rooms probably aren't the most appropriate to share among friends, but ok for couples/significant others. The room had a great view of the Meatpacking District and NYC skyline though. There's a couple restaurants attached to the hotel itself as well as restaurants and shopping within a couple blocks of the hotel, including Chelsea Market. The Boom Boom Room on the 18th floor is popular among New Yorkers, so you have your nightlife in the hotel or nearby in the Meatpacking District as well.
There's also a gym on the 17th floor, which offers great views of the Hudson and the city!Recommended for:
- The Standard, High LineMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6May 16, 2013
Great place to stay for out-of-towners: close to shopping, great restaurants and nightlife. Pretty views and something always happening at this hotel for non-stop entertainment.
- The Standard, High LineMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureFamily Travelers+ 3Jul 04, 2012
Definitely a must stay for a romantic, hip getaway. Foodies can check out Chelsea Market. There are a number of top fashion boutiques close by. The hotel's bier garden is awesome too. Lounging and clubbing at the Boom Boom room is one of the hip things to do. You might even catch a photo shoot or filming a commercial during your stay. Make sure to walk the Highline.Recommended for:
Very Good!1447 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
- Location95% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Hotel Building92% said the facilities were very new.
- Ambiance91% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Food80% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Service79% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel73% thought it was clean.