The Standard, High Line
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 90%Luxury Travelers
- 67%Art & Design Lovers
- 67%Nightlife Lovers
- 59%Business Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (59)
- The Standard, High LineMember ofFamily TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Jan 03, 2014
This hotel is an architectural wonder and has been written up in almost every travel magazine since it opened. Rooms are gorgeous and the food is great. The only thing you need to be careful about is that people can see into your windows from the park, so if you are modest don't change in front of an open window.
- The Standard, High LineMember ofFamily TravelersLocal CultureFoodies+ 3Jul 04, 2012
Definitely a must stay for a romantic, hip getaway. Foodies can check out Chelsea Market. There are a number of top fashion boutiques close by. The hotel's bier garden is awesome too. Lounging and clubbing at the Boom Boom room is one of the hip things to do. You might even catch a photo shoot or filming a commercial during your stay. Make sure to walk the Highline.Recommended for:Trendsters
- The Standard, High LineMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 1Oct 13, 2013
OK, so architecturally this is a gem. But I just hate the assumption that because I want to stay somewhere funky that I want thumping music in every public space. I can picture the staff here going home after a long shift, drawing the curtains and listening to white noise on noise cancelling head phones. Such a shame because everything else about it - the views, and even the prices for Manhattan - are great.
- The Standard, High LineCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Sep 05, 2013
A one-shop stop for the best NYC has to offer; great location, high-end concierge service, breathtaking views from the Top of the Standard, fine dining.
New Yorkers come here to indulge (either at the Standard Grill, Biergarten, Boom Boom Room, Le Bain) and to see and be seen.
If you are visiting, this is a top recommendation on where to stay.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- The Standard, High LineAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Oct 06, 2013
This is where the cool kids hang out. You cannot call yourself a New Yorker unless you stepped inside the exclusive world of The Standard Hotel High Line. Located in the affluent Meatpacking District, André Balazs’ line of Standard hotels raised the bar a little higher for its High Line establishment. Built above street level, on top of a former freight track, The Standard took to the sky with its cutting-edge style, happening atmosphere and élite clientele. A pioneer in the realms of sleek Mid-Century modern design, the top-tier hotel is perhaps best known for its see-through windows. This city view can be seen from the windows of the Standard.
- The Standard, High Line
Very Good!1377 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Hotel Building97% said the facilities were very new.
- Location96% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service79% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food77% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel71% thought it was clean.