The Stinking Rose

55 N La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
The Stinking Rose

• The Stinking Rose

The Stinking Rose motto: We season our garlic* with food! That might as well be my personal motto, since those who know me know I usually have utensil in one hand, and a clove of garlic in the other. I guess if there were ever a vampire apocalypse, I'd be pretty lonely.

Nobody can beat the Prime Rib at Stinking Rose, which comes with garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Juicy and flavorful, always cooked to perfection. Admittedly, the other entrees I've tried here are just satisfactory, so I only order the Prime Rib every single visit.

If the large cut is not enough food for you, try the garlic steamed clams for an appetizer. Comes in a tureen with garlic butter wine sauce, which makes the perfect bread dip!

Decor is eclectic. Cutest date place. Best part? BYOB! After a couple bottles of wine, your date won't even smell your garlic breath!

*garlic makes the world go 'round

• The Stinking Rose

Garlic infused everything! A must try for a garlic lover! you will find no Vampires here.
    my favorite recommendation are the prime rib, and lamb shank.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • The Stinking RosePro 2014

Was able to try DineLA lunches and pick off from a regular lunch meal here in my recent trip with 3 friends.

$25 DineLA lunch- comes with 2 appetizers, an entree and dessert

The DineLA menu was a bit confusing in the appetizer portion, but you get both listed, which was the Bagna Calda (roasted garlic cloves) and a small Salad.

The Bagna Calda is a small pan of roasted garlic gloves that you can spread like butter on the bread, on the meats, anything! Even eating them alone was delicious. Yummm.

DineLA 40 Garlic Clove Roasted Chicken - A breast and a leg/thigh came with garlic mashed potatoes and sides of cloves. SUPER tender! Very yummy.

DineLA Salmon - The SKIN. Very delicious! This also came with capers, rice pasta, and some veggies.

Regular menu Prime Rib - Holy crap. Next time I'm getting this on my own. Soooo tender and spreading the roasted garlic on it was heavenly. Also comes with mashed potatoes and creamy spinach.

DineLA Dessert of Frozen Kustard - Gah, this was ridiculously sweet. I took 2 bites and I was done.

Parking is free for lunch, otherwise dinner = valet.

They also have an amusing wall of hot sauces for sale. Take a closer look at the names! ;)

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
  • The Stinking RosePro 2014

A great stinky restaurant!
    I ordered the pork chop after asking for a recommendation from the server, and it was great! The chicken was also very good.
    I would NOT recommend getting the appetizer that is a bunch of roasted garlic cloves in oil... There's already a complimentary garlic spread on the table to eat with your bread. Get something else as an appetizer!

Valet parking

• The Stinking Rose

Not exactly cheap, not exactly pricey. Its definitely a very unique restaurant. Everything was pretty good but I felt the garlic dip for the bread was a bit trumped up. I ordered the meatloaf and it was very very good. However I dont understand why the after dinner candy wasnt mints.

• The Stinking Rose

When you love garlic, you love this restaurant! It's cozy, the staff is friendly and the food is delicious!

• The Stinking RosePro 2014

Garlic heaven in a dim lit restaurant with a creepy bathroom lobby.

All the food were amazing, I recommend sharing them with friends. Especially their garlic icecream! It's like vanilla ice cream with a garlic-y after taste. YUM (?)

Parking: valet
    Service: top notch

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • The Stinking Rose

Probably one of my most favorite places to eat. You can't go wrong with the shrimp and crab. Also if you drink you must try the blood orange martini.

• The Stinking RosePro 2014

This restaurant is all about the garlic. Almost every dish is built around that ingredient and most of them are excellent. The booths are fantastically decorated, making this a visual and culinary treat.

If you think you want to hang out with your friends even though you hate garlic, don't.

• The Stinking Rose

This is like my 7th time dining at the stinking rose! I love garlic and this place is garlic heaven :) I did have ONE bad experience with the pasta... I can't quite remember which one it was, but I remember it being toooo creamy. But other than that this place is awesome.

I've had most of the appetizers on the menu and they are all great! Prime rib and the filet Mignon is great here too, but I think what I like best is the seafood.

This time around I ordered Zuppa Di Pesce (under tureens) I never ordered this because I didn't know what a Tureen was, but this Zuppa Di Pesce came with Mussels, crab, fish, calamari and shrimp in a spicy tomato Brodetto! You can order Small, Medium or Large. Small is a good portion to share with someone if you order other things to share. I also got the Whole Crab roasted in their secret Garlic Sauce, which is always my favorite thing on the menu! Then I also got a small salad and garlic fries YUM!!! between 2 people we almost finished everything!

This is a good place for a date because they have these cozy seatings that are sectioned off with these small cabana like thing (I don't know how else to explain it lol) Don't worry about having stinky breath because if you both eat garlic then you wont smell it :) It's also a fun place to come with a whole bunch of people because they have big tables too. Great ambiance! There is a also a full bar in the front which is pretty nice when you have to wait to get seated.

I'm going to keep coming back here! It's surprisingly not too expensive for a restaurant in Beverly hills :)

• The Stinking Rose

Mmm loved the prime rib! Also the chicken. They were both delicious. The prime rib was the better choice. The food was cooked well and was tasty. It seemed just like prime rib and chicken with garlic smothered all over them. Pretty simple. I actually expected it to be a little more creative, but good nonetheless! I'd eat here again. I liked the little table with curtains that they sat us in. We explored the other rooms which were all decorated in a fun way. It looks like a nice place to bring a group of people for a nice birthday dinner. The service was good, too.

• The Stinking Rose

Great food at super reasonable prices! Kind of unusual considering it's on the same block as Lawry's and Fogo De Chao. Yes, there's practically garlic in every dish, but they do have some "vampire" dishes where you can get it without garlic, so maybe it could be a first date place after all!

• The Stinking RosePro 2014

If you love garlic, this is the restaurant for you. Most of their dishes include lots of garlic. You can even get their garlic pieces as an appetizer to spread on their garlic rolls. Beware though, it is very strong! Both the lamb shank and beef ribs are delicious. The meat is so tender you don't even need a knife to cut. As much as I love garlic mashed potatoes, their creamed spinach was even better (both come with the entree). The creamed spinach isn't heaviliy drowned in cream, but had the perfect amount of cream and still tasted healthy. You have to try their garlic ice cream too. The garlic taste kicks in as an after taste. I love the decor of the restaurant, which is Italian with a circus look. The ceiling is painted with stars and certain tables are enclosed under a tent. It's a really fun place to eat, but you have to love garlic.

• The Stinking Rose

Always such amazing food! The service is wonderful and the atmosphere great. Only come here if you love garlic!!! One of my favorites is the 40 clove chicken. The lamb shank falls right off the bone and the pastas are to die for. Free parking for lunch and $5 valet after 4pm.

• The Stinking Rose

Just not my cup of tea. I love garlic but this maybe overkill. The garlic spread you put on the bread was good (mostly 99% garlic in the spread) but not into the garlic wine or the garlic ice cream at all. Some things just shouldn't have any garlic at all, I guess.

2,530 people visited The Stinking Rose