The Sun Dial Restaurant

210 Peachtree St Nw, Atlanta, GA 30303
The Sun Dial Restaurant

• The Sun Dial RestaurantPro 2014

Revolving restaurant like Sun Dial are a dying breed. They are something once considered hip and cool but now are more like the remnants of the past. Still, I love the ambiance and the old fashion charm. It will be quite an experience if you never dined at a revolving restaurant before. Just make sure you go there on a clear day with good visibility.

The food was mediocre. Nothing too innovative on the menu either. Who cares anyway? I think most people go there for the view and the experience rather than the food.

Recommended for:Business TravelersLuxury Travelers
  • The Sun Dial RestaurantPro 2014

It's such a shame...let me start off by saying this place has an AMAZING view of Atlanta. When you get to the top and after you're seated, the restaurant rotates so you can catch a glimpse of the entire city. The food/drinks are a little overpriced but for the view, it is most definitely worth the few extra bucks.

However, I'm giving it a one star soley based on the experience my friends and I had with the hostess down in the lobby, prior to us coming up the elevator. Some people should NOT be hostesses....let's just put it that way. We stopped by in advance on a Sunday night around 10 pm, and surprisingly, the hostess told us that it was fully booked for the night, so I asked her if there was any chance they took reservations in advance. She flatly told me and I quote verbatum "No, we don't ever take reservations, it's first come first serve". So I thought to myself, "Hm...alright, I guess we'll just come back earlier tomorrow night". Then, another party of about 6 show up and I overhear them saying they had a reservation at 11:15 pm, and she lets them on the elevator!!!

At this point, I'm a little frustrated, so I go back to the hostess and asked her to clarify because she just told me seconds earlier they don't take reservations. So now she changes her story and says "Yes, we don't take reservations...the night of". WTF?! I never asked her if she took reservations the night of...I asked her if they took reservations in advance. Then she starts rudely yapping off about how I wasn't clear about my question....

At this point, one of my friends who was actually staying in the hotel said he had a secret way to get up to the restaurant, so we followed his lead and was able to get into the restaurant and enjoy the rest of our evening. Oh and guess what...the restaurant wasn't even HALF full!

Unfortunately, I can't remember her name, but she was African American and her hair was in braids...if it were up to me, she would not be employed here anymore.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • The Sun Dial Restaurant

The Sundial restaurant was really nice. It is on the top floors, one floor the actual restaurant where food is served, and the very top floor, being a bar, where they serve tasty drinks. So if you are a student like me, and want to enjoy the awesome view up there and not be broke at the end of the night, choose the bar, go there at sunset, and just enjoy a cocktail. Both of our cocktails were delicious and we could keep the glass too :-), what a plus for us tourists. Definetly make sure to catch the sunset, otherwise I am not sure, if it is really worth it. Oh yea, and the bar is rotating, so watch your feet ;-)

• The Sun Dial RestaurantCommunity Manager

A tri-level restaurant on the 73rd story which features a rotating 360 degree panorama view of Atlanta where you can enjoy elegant cuisine, jazz and take incredible photographs.

• The Sun Dial Restaurant

The food is great but expensive. 360 degree view 84 floors up makes it incredible

Recommended for:FoodiesBusiness TravelersLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • The Sun Dial Restaurant

Rotating, breathtaking 360 degree view of the entire city!

awesome