The Talbott Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 87%Green Travelers
- 86%Luxury Travelers
- 62%Business Travelers
- 62%Family Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
- 51%Local Culture
Member Reviews (5)
- The Talbott HotelMember ofVegetarianLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 10May 20, 2013
I dig the Talbott Hotel AND the cow statue walking up the building's exterior. Not nearly as pricey as some of the other hotels in Chicago, the Talbott delivers on location and service. The rooms are large, the location rocks and the service is all that it should be.
- The Talbott HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jan 17, 2014
The Talbott has a lot going for it—a Gold Coast address, Green Seal certification, and a luxurious European vibe that hits you as soon as you walk into the lobby, which is outfitted with warm wood walls, leather sofas and (when I visited) a roaring fireplace, making it feel more like an English manor house than a hotel a few steps off Michigan Ave. Plus, it's one of the last independently, family-owned boutique hotels in the city. The rooms are spacious and decorated in a neutral palette of brown and creams.
- The Talbott HotelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jan 16, 2014
The Talbott Hotel is a classy, old-school hotel that doesn’t show its wrinkles. It’s been around since 1927, and the lobby plays the part with Persian-style rugs, tufted sofas, and ornate, wooden chairs. There’s even a bin of umbrellas located downstairs for guests to borrow on a rainy day. That’s why I was shocked when the friendly staff let me know that the Talbott was one of the first hotels in Chicago to be Green-Seal certified. I would have never guessed.
The rooms are elegant, relatively spacious, and feature a nice tapestry thing that hangs over a portion of each bed. I’m not sure what its function is, but it does look classy. Guests can also enjoy creative cocktails at the Tippling Brothers bar, or bistro fare at Little Market.
- The Talbott HotelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jan 14, 2014
The Talbott Hotel is the kind of place your grandfather would love, as long as your grandfather is the sailboat & stock option type. I mean no disrespect--this is just the kind of conversation I overheard while waiting to talk to the front desk staff. The lobby (big leather couches, dark wood, huge fireplace) fits the type, too. It's lovely, truly. Luxurious and warm. The cow climbing the wall out front is charming, and a great little piece of Chicago's history. The rooms are as luxurious as the lobby, the beds draped with canopies. Complimentary wifi and a great location, too. Sprinkles Cupcakes, home of the Cupcake ATM is right down the street.
Excellent!626 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Internet100% thought it was a great value.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel96% thought it was clean.
- Room92% thought rooms were spacious.
- PriceGreat price. 88% of the guests liked it.
- Location82% liked the proximity to shopping.