The Tractor Room

3687 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92103

LGBT

Danny Nguyễn
    2 Jun 05, 2014

I am kind of disappointed at Tractor Room. I went here and had high expectations! I called an hour before and I got a table in the patio area, which was nice. I ordered the cornbread skillet and to me, it was a little too dry for me. I was hoping it be a little more moist for my taste. I do like how they have actual kernels of corn inside!

The prime beef burger I got was okay to me, nothing special. My gf got the fried chicken skewers and that was just okay. Hash house might have better fried chicken!

Hanae
    4 Oct 30, 2013

A bit of a wait. Located near hash house in hillcrest. I love that they have a waiting section on the side with game boards, ping pong table and coffee/water. They will text you or come get you once the table is ready. The inside is pretty small so you have to maneuver through the crowded tables to the bathroom.

Drink:
    - watermelon kiwi lemonade: Pretty sweet and yummy like candy. Don't get this if you want something that tastes like fresh fruit.
    - my sis got some tractor room... Manhattan something cocktail: it was pretty strong

Didn't get but wanted:
    - Their bloody Mary. Had a wide selection of bloody Mary's

Food (we ordered one sweet and one savory):
    - French toast garnished with nutmeg, strawberries and cinnamon: it is HUGE!! The bread was fluffy and soft. I recommend this if you're not a pancake person.
    -In "Good Health" Scramble with turkey sausage: Came with a lot of potatoes and the side corn bread wasn't that bad. The turkey sausage had a subtle pepper kick and the scrambled eggs were filling :)

I would recommend this place if you're in town visiting SD!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
  • The Tractor RoomAmbassadorPro 2014
    Veronica Raye
    4 Sep 06, 2013

Not your average menu, they have very interesting meats.. buffalo, bison, etc. The cocktail list will take you an hour to go through and the portions are very generous!!! In the center of Hillcrest a gay community, ♥

Recommended for:FoodiesLGBT
    Lindsay Meyers
    5 Aug 26, 2013

Great selection of specialty cocktails and the food is delish! Great for a date night or a small group of friends!

Connie Pistilli
    5 May 20, 2013

We came here for a fun brunch out on their patio, and boy, am I glad I split my dish!! The portions here are ENORMOUS! The menu was full of mouth watering food. Just reading it made my heart clog up.

My friend and I were both eyeing Andy's House Sage Fried Chicken Benedict, and THANK GOD we saw one of them being brought out to another table before we placed our order. We both looked at each other and immediately thought to split one. One biscuit with fried chicken, bacon, mozzarella and scrambled eggs heaped on top of it was enough for me. I'd definitely need a tractor to come move me out of there if I had two.

My other friend ordered the braised free range buffalo quesadilla, which was a monstrosity. Talking about monsters, you'd have to be one if you wanted to finish one of their pancakes.

The special mimosa of the day was pom-tangerine (if my fuzzy memory is correct) and a few of us got the deadly fresh mint juleps. Even the Irishman among us was having trouble downing it.

If you're a meat lover and a cocktail connoisseur, haul your butt over to The Tractor Room!

King Kevin the VII
    4 Apr 25, 2013

On a bright Sunday morning in SD, there's nothing more enticing than some brunch. Unfortunately, the wait at Hash House was like 2 hours...

Luckily, just down the block is the tractor room. Unfortunately, the wait was going to be for 45 minutes; however, we were able to get some bar seats after 15 minutes. Hoorah! It took me a while to find parking in the neighborhood but it's nothing compared to LA street parking.

The decor is nice with a full bar and some smaller tables inside and outside on the patio. Typical pub feel with decorations of deer heads on the wall. I can totally imagine a clint east wood film here. Alas, the menu here is quite varied. Additionally, the dishes here are beastly... they will easily fill you up. Here was what we ordered:

Elk sausage- 5/5, I loved the elk sausage! It's super gamy and tastes just like lamb! It's mixed in with at least 4 potatoes, mushrooms and zucchinis. Served with over easy eggs and delicious cornbread. I was easily stuffed!

Wild boar- 3/5, I'm not the biggest fan of boar. Basically it tastes like beef jerky. It's served with eggs and potatoes.

Additionally, the waiters here are super friendly and made sure my friend's corn bread had no butter and switched the scrambled eggs for egg whites. Our total came out to $40 with tip, so it's not the cheapest breakfast I've had. However, the proportions are ridiculous and you'll definitely have to walk around to burn it off!

Corey Hart
    4 Nov 22, 2012

The best brunch in SD. Nice dark bar to sit at. Huge stiff drinks. And portions of food that a linebacker would have a rough go at.

Themed after game meats, it's a dirty little tom boy sister to the Hash House. Hash House has a line and a wait and no reservations, while Tractor Room takes resos and has a more creative menu to boot.

Oh, and peep the Master Mary.

Jenn B
    5 Aug 28, 2012

This is the manlier version of Hash House. They're run by the same people. Expect a wait, or come early. It's SO worth it, though. This is my favorite place for breakfast in San Diego!

They specialize in unique meat dishes, so vegans and vegetarians may not like this place.

The portions are bigger than you can ever imagine. I came here with a group of seven people. We shared four entrees. We took the leftovers home with us and couldn't finish them the next morning.

Ning
    4 Aug 11, 2012

Really tasty food that is super American. It was a fun place and great ambiance. The food was served family style which also makes it fun to share.

Josh Kwok
    5 Feb 10, 2012
    David C
    4 Oct 28, 2013

1,611 people visited The Tractor Room

Moderate$$

Dinner nightly, Brunch Sat.-Sun.

Britt Scripps Inn