The Tripel

333 Culver Boulevard, Playa del Rey, California

• The TripelPro 2014
    Natalie K
    3 Apr 25, 2014

I have seen a few places offer beer cocktails and finally got to try one at the Tripel. They have a nice beer and wine selections but no other type of alcohol. I tried the sour grape and the peach beer cocktail. I can't quite recall the name but the peach was definitely very delicious. It was light and refreshing.

The food is just okay in my opinion but I have a feeling that we didn't order the right items. We tried the Tripel Burger, which has a combination of 3 meats, a sweet spread, and a pretzel bun. The patty was nice and moist but I didn't care for the sweetness. We also had the crab dip, which smelled very fishy. I wouldn't order it again. The garlic fries were pretty good.

A lot of people ordered the mussels and also the creamy chicken dish. They seem to really enjoy those 2 dishes so if I make it back here, I will definitely be giving it a try.

Parking is a total pain. I had to park several blocks away in a residential area after circling around multiple times. They do have some street parking but I went on a Saturday night so they were all taken.

Seating can be difficult. We were seated on a large table with 2 other parties and everything was very cramped. The service is pretty good though. Our waitress was very nice and helpful. She also brought us samples of beers we were interested in so we could try it before we ordered.

• The TripelPro 2014
    Re becca
    3 Apr 17, 2014

Tripel seemed to be a very happening place with the place filled up with people. Granted it was small with a total of 3 tables and the bar. Your bound to sit closely to a stranger. So if your a socially awkward kid, this is def not the place for you. Trendy spot with the word "Lubrication" in all caps planted as you step inside, def catches your eyes.

as for the food:
    Vinegar much?
    i swear everything i ate was sour or sweet ! This is def more of a place for just a drink and a nice chat.
    we ordered the poach egg salad?
    and the sweet potato fries ..
    some wine and beer that the waitress recommended. portions are def made for snacking than for dinning.

• The Tripel