The Westin Excelsior Rome
Phone:+39 06 47081
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Parking Garage
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Car Rental Desk
- Children Allowed
- Mini Bar In Room
- Continental Breakfast
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Dry Cleaning
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 75%Business Travelers
- 63%Family Travelers
- 62%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (7)
- The Westin Excelsior RomeMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jan 25, 2014
Location is fantastic! Great place to meet up with people in a central, easy to find spot. Their bar is lovely and the service is wonderful. It's expensive but very much worth it. Great for business or luxury travel.
- The Westin Excelsior RomeOct 29, 2013
I knew going in that this is one of those big corporate hotels with a big fancy corporate lobby and as much as that isn't my thing, the room itself was really beautiful. Just gorgeous. With gilded pillars, the room was tasteful and luxurious; fancy but still comfortable and relaxing. I loved the piano bar downstairs called "Orum". Set up early Art Deco style, the bar was way more interesting than the lobby. It's worth going for a drink there even if you don't stay at the hotel. Another bonus in the room: two shower heads! Two thumbs up on the service, too.
- The Westin Excelsior RomeJul 05, 2012
The Excelsior in Rome is a grand dame hotel. It has an old world elegance that is quite charming. It looks as if the hotel had a "soft renovation" a few years ago - but some things are lacking. The desks are too small to work on and the chairs at the desk are uncomfortable after a while. However - the location (near the Spanish Steps, Hard Rock and US Embassy) can't be beat.
- The Westin Excelsior RomeJul 04, 2012
I adored the Westin Excelsior's combination of elegance and relaxation. While some luxury hotels can actually feel uncomfortable, I found myself wanting to linger at the Westin. The art deco setting is lush but funky, and the double showers are a nice touch whether you want to share your shower or just like it extra spacious. The Wifi is free and fast, allowing you to plug in when you need to, although I find Italy is perfect for disappearing from my London life. One of the doormen voiced it best to me: "some guests try other hotels. they always come back." I'd count myself in that number.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- The Westin Excelsior RomeMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Jul 03, 2012
My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon. Beautiful hotel, very centrally located - walking distance to the Spanish Steps and the Villa Borghese. The rooms were big and comfortable, service was great (they even left a bottle of champagne in our room for us). Would definitely stay here again.
Very Good!591 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location91% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service82% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 79% of guests mentioned it positively.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 78% of guests gave positive comments.
- Food73% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- RoomFor only 65%, the bathroom was ok.