The Westin Miyako Kyoto
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 75%Business Travelers
- 74%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- The Westin Miyako KyotoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4First to Review
This is a great property. Although it is very large and is Western-style the grounds manage to maintain a bit of Kyoto charm. The hotel offers lovely views of the city and Higashiyama area (temple dotted hillside). Service during my stay was excellent by Japan standards. Diligent but also flexible and responsive.
Only negatives I experiened were 1) showers are a bit old and need to be refurbished 2) club room lounge access offers little value due to restrictions on times when benefits (e.g., drinks) may be accessed.
The Szechuan restaurant at the hotel was excellent and views from the restaurant were also very nice / relaxing. Concierge was also knowledgeable and very helpful.Recommended for:
Very Good!2072 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- LocationEasily accessible by car, said 94%.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Restaurant91% loved the dining experience.
- Service89% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Room80% thought rooms were spacious.
- GroundsPleasant grounds.
Dining options at The Westin Miyako Kyoto include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a children's pool, a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness facility. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, a technology helpdesk, and limo/town car service. High speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. This Kyoto property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. The property has an area shuttle, which is complimentary. Wedding services and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include a swim up bar, a coffee shop/café, and a concierge desk.
There are 501 guestrooms at The Westin Miyako Kyoto. Guestrooms have city, mountain, or garden views. Beds come with
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
- Mini Bar In Room