The Westin Seattle

1900 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101

alireza
    5 May 23, 2014
    Recommended for:Adventure TravelersArt & Design LoversBackpackersBudget Travelers
    Andrea Kristine
    4 Jun 13, 2014

I am a huge fan of hotels in the Starwood family, and the Westin Towers in Seattle are beautiful. As long as you are a few floors off of the ground you will see some of the beautiful northwestern harbor view out of your large room windows. It is walking distance to everything touristy, being that it's on 5th Ave.

I can say that the hotel staff was extremely kind and prompt. The reason I enjoy Westin properties so greatly are that they are nice, calm, clean, yet aren't stuffy. It keeps me coming back.

Literally the only downfall to this place is the parking rates. Self parking and valet are both over $40, so come prepared for that. If you do not mind the price, just go for the valet, as it is only $5 more. There are nearby garages that we found for our second night that were less expensive, if you are coming with a vehicle that needs parking.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Kayko
    4 May 13, 2013

Great hotel. Fun old building with amazing views. PERFECT shopping location for seattle only steps away from Pacific Place and Nordstrom. And of course all of the comforts of a Westin.

Traci

The views from higher floors in this hotel are amazing. You can see across downtown Seattle, and the facilities are very nice. This is also a great location if you're visiting Seattle - easily accessible to major tourist attractions like the Space Needle and the flagship Nordstrom store. Also it's very easy to get here by public transport from the airport - the underground light rail station is just a short walk away.

• The Westin SeattlePro 2014
    Jon L.
    4 Jan 29, 2014
    Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Ree
    3 Jan 30, 2014

We arrived a few hours before check-in and our room was not ready. My mom had taken me on vacation for my birthday a few years ago and after a long flight, all I wanted to do was shower. So I decided to wait in the lobby until a room was available because I was not feeling up to going out into the city until I had my shower. My mom had gone back and I'm not sure what she said, but all of a sudden a room was magically available.

The room had a view of the sound and the bathroom was clean (the main thing required by me of a hotel). However, I was grossed out that there was hair in the bed, and sure as heck wasn't mine! I'm a total germ phobe who doesn't trust hotel bed sheets, even if it is a 4 star hotel. I think it should be mandatory to change AT LEAST the SHEETS after someone has checked out of a room. Needless to say, I laid out a snuggie my mom had used on the airplane and slept on that. I'm probably just way to anal about this, but oh well! I'm a paying customer, I should have DNA free sheets (minus fingerprints, of course). ;)

The valet was so expensive! $38 a night. I know that Hotel Max is $30 a night and they are both off 6th and fairly close to each other, so that was a bit ridiculous. But we were not aware of anything cheaper at the time. Next time, we know there is a garage next door that is $22/nt with in and out privileges.

Overall, I wasn't too thrilled about the hotel. I don't feel like it deserves to be a 4 star hotel, but more of a 3 or 3.5 star. The staff was also not very friendly, at least this one lady we dealt with at the counter. The valet guys seemed to have some attitude as well! Don't know what the deal is with the people who work at this hotel, but I wouldn't stay here again especially since I've gotten better deals at the Renaissance and Hotel Max. Not to mention, there is only free wifi in the lobby, you have to pay $9.95 per 12 hours in the room.

JohnMichael

Green option?
    Yes, there's a green option to decline maid service and get credit and save the planet and get credit... did I mention you get credit back?

Ok, other than saving the planet, the hotel is nicely located right by mass transit options.. dingdingding more saving the planet! Otherwise the space is nice enough. I enjoyed the view from my room and the spa in the pool. Perhaps it was just an off day, but the chlorine smell was touch noticeable but otherwise understandably necessary. I'd go here again if I were in town.
    ;D

Cody Gossett
    2 Apr 22, 2014

Older Westin catering to a lot of convention folks. Wish Starwood has a newer/nicer hotel in SEA! W goes into this same category of older hotel...

Teri Briggs

A good place to work, employee's were part of the team. With that said it is a good place to stay as well.

Aaron Ikezawa
    3 Jul 05, 2012

They need to remodel this mug. Beautiful views as there are two towers that give a nice panoramic of the Space Needle, Pike's, etc. depending on what floor and which side your room faces. Also the rooms are all shaped like pizza slices due to the buildings being towers. Convenient for walking around downtown, site seeing, galibanting blah blah blah. Super close to Top Pot doughnuts!

Workout facilities have a bit of an odd setup three rooms of cardio equipment, bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, one room of weights and machines and a pool.

Free wifi only in the lobby.

Cecily Jenkins
    2 Jul 05, 2012

We had a poor experience here...from phenomenal parking fees to not getting a "green" refund for canceling our room service. We asked for a crib when we scheduled the room, yet we didn't get one for hours after we arrived. Perks were jogging strollers are available at concierge desk which I used to walk around the city with. The pool was fun although somewhat small.

Thomas Underhill

Great hotel close to it all and friendly staff. The bellhop struck up a conversation and we chatted about our European travels and why i didn't bring the sun in my suitcase from socal. :-). The front desk staff was helpful and pointed me to a phenomenal seafood place 2 blocks away (see separate review for blueacre seafood). The bed is super comfy and i have a nice view of the city. All this for under $100 through hotwire. This hotel is better than the one that i stayed in last night.

Aloura Charles

The Westin has the best beds I've ever slept in. This one has a great view of downtown Seattle and is walking distance from Pike's Market and also the convention center. The bar is okay, and the staff is friendly.

Ryan Jenkins
    1 Jul 04, 2012

We did not enjoy our experience at this hotel. We'd requested a crib when we first made the reservation, and reminded them at the front desk, and it still took hours to arrive.

Upon check-in we told them we didn't want maid service, to which they replied that we would need to sign the card in our room. There was no such card in our room, so we wrote a note for the maid. Maid-service was never rendered (as requested) but they didn't give us any credit for declining it since we didn't sign the non-existent card. When I requested credit, they gave me a hard time stating that I should have called down for a card.

I don't like being treated so disrespectfully and will NOT be staying at this hotel again. Embassy Suites treated us much better than the Westin did, for a fraction of the price.

Sam Shank
    4 Jul 03, 2012

Stayed here with my son and was very satisfied. Rooms were updated and clean. View was great. Loved the location (near the monorail and streetcar which were highlights for my son.)
    Thought it was cool to get $5 credit for declining daily maid service (which was pitched as a green option.) I felt good about helping the environment and got a free latte and scone!

Autum Thoms
    5 Oct 29, 2012

Trendy, comfortable and luxurious! Loved the room service. 5 stars!!

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
    C.Y. Lee

Flaky wireless

victa_co
    3 Jul 04, 2012

Older hotel in need of an update, but great view if you have a room facing the bay.

Joyce Cheng
    4 Jun 19, 2014
    Jamie Merendino
    3 Nov 24, 2011
Showing Lowest Prices

Set in the heart of Seattle, this hotel is close to Westlake Center and Pike Place Market, as well as Washington State Convention & Trade Center. Other attractions include Space Needle.

Features.
Dining options at The Westin Seattle include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. This

... read more
4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and audio visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This Seattle property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Business services, wedding services, and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include a coffee shop/café, valet parking, and a concierge desk.

Guestrooms.
There are 891 guestrooms at The Westin Seattle. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Coffee/tea makers and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, makeup/shaving mirrors, bathrobes, and complimentary toiletries. In addition to complimentary newspapers, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, blackout drapes/curtains, electronic check out, and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding and wake up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Self parking: US$ 32 per day
  • Valet parking: US$ 35 per day

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

• Business Center
  • Wake Up Service
  • Coffee & Tea Maker
  • Safe
  • Mini Bar In Room

Very Good!3120 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
  • Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
    98% liked the proximity to shopping.
  • Room
    94% thought the view was good.
  • Service
    93% found the staff to be very friendly.
    83% thought it was clean.
  • Hotel Building
    56% considered the lobby entrance to be so-so.
  • Food
    55% found the breakfast to be acceptable.

Warwick Seattle Hotel