Short walk across the Commons from West Street this place was doing local food long before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon , a Halifax favourite
Restaurants near The Wooden Monkey for Green Travelers
- 10.17 mi
- 20.17 mi5236 Blowers St, Halifax, NS B3J 1J7, Canada0.17 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
Mind-blowingly awesome poutine! If you're not familiar with poutine, it originated as a french-canadian dish, and is now more of a national comfort food with Canadians. It consists of fries (often chunky fries), gravy and cheese curds (a sort of bouncy, unpasteurised cheese). We've created an entire food group around poutine, dressing it up with anything and everything under the ...
- 30.1 mi1600 Grafton Street, Halifax, NS, Canada0.1 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
A great English-style pub in downtown Halifax serving a dizzying selection of different beers - over 60 to choose from. Great place to hang out with friends for a few pints and the food is alright too!
- 40.17 mi
- 50.14 mi1580 Argyle Street, Halifax, NS, Canada0.14 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
- 60.19 mi
- 70.5 mi
- 80.45 mi
- 90.56 mi
- 100.42 mi1475 Lower Water Street, Bishop's Landing, Halifax, NS B3J 1S2, Canada0.42 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
- 110.61 mi5896 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada0.61 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
The Spring Garden road location of "Just Us!" cafe is housed in a lovely old victorian house right next to Halifax's prettiest downtown park. Like any Halifax coffeeshop, it's usually filled with students, as we've somehow crammed 5 universities into our tiny city. It makes up for the swathes of uni students with a ton of character; creaky wooden floors ...
- 121.28 mi69 Alderney Drive, Halifax, B2Y 1E7, Canada1.28 mi from The Wooden Monkey2 reviews
Celtic Corner is a truly Nova Scotian experience. This place always has live music...often a fiddler or two, in true Halifax style. They've got local brew on tap and a menu full of proper Canadian pub food. It's a lovely place to spend an evening if you're in the Dartmouth area.
- 131.65 mi6061 Young Street, Halifax, NS B3K 2A3, Canada1.65 mi from The Wooden Monkey2 reviews
good sized meals.frendly staff
- 141.44 mi66 Ochterloney Street, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C2, Canada1.44 mi from The Wooden Monkey
This place is AMAZING. It was a desperately needed addition to Downtown Dartmouth, which is slowly coming out of a long economic slump. It's not just the locals who are loving it, either. People from all over the greater Halifax area trek to this place to get their hands on some 49th parallel coffee and some of the best baked ...
- 151.46 mi
- 161.5 mi380 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3S5, Canada1.5 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
A gourmet poutine cafe. How much more Canadian can you get?!
- 1719.88 miPeggys Cove Rd, Indian Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada19.88 mi from The Wooden Monkey1 review
Live or cooked lobsters available by weight at this roadside stop. There are picnic benches available and an eating kit including a bib is provided. Nothing can beat the experience of having a cooked lobster just after it had been caught and within a short distance away!