The Woolshed is the city's own little backyard tavern - and most of the hostels/hotels provide drink coupons or other deals for you to get a pint and a bite here. It's a great place to meet people and hang out.
Things to do near The Woolshed
- 10.19 mi
- 20.22 mi143 Lake Street, Cairns QLD, Australia0.22 mi from The Woolshed1 review
Leading dive trips to the Great Barrier Reef, the Coral Sea and Cod Hole since 1969, Mike Ball has a great reputation. We didn't pick the best timing season wise, but still had a great trip. If a live aboard trip the Great Barrier Reef is on your bucket list, Mike Ball will get you there and show you a ...
- 30.26 miIn the Sea North of There!0.26 mi from The Woolshed36 reviews
There's nothing I love more in the world than snorkeling. I was lucky enough to do that twice in the waters of the GBR. But just didn't seem to be enough. I want to go back and spend a week. If you're planning a snorkel or dive trip find the sort of trip that suits your interest. Some are brief. ...Popular with
- 40.29 mi
- 50.38 miCairns QLD, Australia0.38 mi from The Woolshed3 reviews
Has the greatest round Casino, the pier markets, Harley Davidson breakfast rides complete with champagne, prawns and strawberries, or ultra lite flying in a 2 stroke motor mower engine plane, flight ceiling level 2000 feet..breathtaking. Watching aboriginal dancers perform with gusto. Favorite beach Palm Cove with it's quaint shopping & occasional crocodile or death adder lurking amongst the fallen leaves. ...Popular with
- 60.71 mi319 Draper Street, Cairns QLD, Australia0.71 mi from The Woolshed1 review
I had never been scuba diving before and I was excited to be doing so in the Great Barrier reef. Deep Sea Divers Den offers introductory packages to the n00b scuba diver. You don't need to be certified to dive in the introductory course; they take you through a lesson on the boat and one in the water. Then you ...Popular with
- 70.28 mi0.28 mi from The Woolshed3 reviews
We made the mistake of choosing Silverswift to view the Great Barrier Reef. While the cruise boat was large and nice, it was way too big and they take you to an area that they basically destroyed by building a base out in the middle of the barrier reef. Therefore, you miss out on the true beauty of the reef. ...
- 80.26 mi
- 90.46 miMarlin Marina | E Finger #3, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia0.46 mi from The Woolshed1 review
Diving the Great Barrier Reef has been at the top of my list for some time so I was thrilled when a friend told me about this overnight diving trip for certified divers, snorkelers AND non certified divers wanting to give it a shot. The only thing that made me nervous is that my husband David and I would be ...Popular with
- 100.31 mi
- 110.54 mi116 Spence Street, Cairns QLD, Australia0.54 mi from The Woolshed1 review
Great company and great scuba guides. I had a blast here with these guys and I loved every minute of my 3 day trip on the water. I learned so much and had a great, safe time doing it. It was one of the best parts of my trip to Australia. The Great Barrier Reef was so beautiful, and I ...
- 120.26 mi410 Sheridan St.0.26 mi from The Woolshed1 review
You can get a perfectly good rental car for less. OK, it may have a dent or two, but your ride will blend in, cost less, and get you there. If you want air conditioning, ask for it. They have a decent variety of vehicles and will pick you up at the airport. My sister and I used it for ...Popular with
- 130.4 mi
- 147.39 miCnr of Captain Cook Highway and Cairns Western Arterial Road, Smithfield Queensland, Australia7.39 mi from The Woolshed14 reviews
One of the coolest things you can do while in Cairns is ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Set aside some money for the excursion and ride it through a lush rainforest. Sure you might not see any animals but you'll see an assortment of flora that boggles the mind. Some of the trees are only native to Australia so it ...Popular with
- 1510.66 miKuranda QLD, Australia10.66 mi from The Woolshed2 reviews
- 167.25 miCairns Western Arterial Road, Barron QLD 4878, Australia7.25 mi from The Woolshed2 reviews
Great place to learn about the aboriginals in Australia. There are some really cool activities to do and shows to watch. We attempted to throw the boomerang which wasn't easy. We also tried spear throwing, again, not as easy as it looks. There was someone teaching the audience how to make a fire and another person was playing the didgeridoo. ...
- 1718.29 mi