Trip Plan Details
recommended Cinque TerreCinque Terre is definitely a worthwhile trail run if you are in Italy if you haven't gone already. http://welltraveledmile.com/adrift/115/Recommended for:
- Strawberry Canyon Recreational AreaBerkeley, CA, United States
- San Francisco-Oakland Bay BridgeSan Francisco Bay, San Francisco, California, United Statesrecommended San Francisco-Oakland Bay BridgeThey just opened the Bike/Hike portion of the new bridge. start in Emeryville and go all the way out to Treasure Island. Stunning views steady incline
- Tilden Regional Park600 Canon Drive, Berkeley, CA 94708-1159recommended Tilden Regional ParkSet up against the Berkeley Hills, this public park has a lot for kids to do, but adults too. Go hiking, swimming (in summer), bring a picnic or just cycle around.Recommended for:Sara Benson
A greenspace up in the Berkeley Hills, with a few flat trails for running. This is where I usually run when I'm in Berkeley.
- Berkeley Marina201 University Avenue, Berkeley, CArecommended Berkeley MarinaThe Berkeley Marina is a really beautiful spot that is quite peaceful and relaxing. There's the Cal Sailing Club where you can take a free boat ride on their monthly open house days, the lush green ... read morehills, perfect for flying a kite, and even a really cool, always-evolving, adventure playground that your kids, and the inner child in all of us, will love.Becca Bandit
This is probably one of the best places to run in Berkeley. As there's a trail and there's gorgeous views.
"Berkeley Marina & Pier at http://www.abag.ca.gov/bayarea/baytrail/vtour/map5/access/bmarinapier/bmarinapier.html#access. Start at Radisson Hotel parking Lot. Just north is the Cesar Chavez park loop - about 1.9 miles. Do that loop twice, then run past the Hotel and Marina to Berkeley Pier and to Ladies and Lordships Restaurant and back to hotel for a total of 6+ miles. Great for early morning workouts with gorgeous Bay and Hill views! Dogs are allowed in Cesar Chavez Park but not on the Pier or in Shorebird Park."
- REI1338 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA