Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food Centre
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 80%Local Culture
- 69%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (6)
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreOct 25, 2013
This stall at Maxwell Food Centre is said to serve the best chicken rice in Singapore. The outside of the stall is covered with its positive reviews, including one from Anthony Bourdain.
That said, this chicken rice won't appeal to everyone. The chicken is poached and the texture is a bit slimy. I did like the flavorful rice and the chili sauce, but didn't care for the chicken meat. I prefer the roasted chicken rice you get at other stalls in the same food center.
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 03, 2013
This place is really good. I don't eat meet anymore but the chicken rice here is legendary. A great place to try it. Just ask for no skin if you don't want skin.
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jul 04, 2012
Chicken rice at Tian Tian in Maxwell food court (near Chinatown) is an experience you have to do at least once. It's an old school food court with wonderfully good chicken rice and lots of other stalls with many other items to try.
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 02, 2013
Anthony Bourdain appeared here in the Singapore episode of No Reservations. It's a simple dish and that's the only thing they make here, but one bite will make you realize why there's often a queue to get this dish.Recommended for:Foodies
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice - Maxwell Food CentreJul 04, 2012
The de facto Singapore national dish is the Hainanese Chicken Rice, and you can't do any better than at Tian Tian in the Maxwell Food Centre in Chinatown. You can talk to 10 different Singaporeans and each will have a different favorite place to get Hainanese chicken rice, but this is the best. Ask Anthony Bourdain!