recommended LahainaJust love it here - last time I was here on Halloween !!! Tons of fun & great food Take it easy & slow down.Comment.11 months ago. Report
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Zipline Corporate Offices12 Kiopaa Pl, Makawao, Hawaiirecommended Skyline Eco-Adventures Zipline Corporate OfficesWas in Maui last October!! This Zip-line tour is wonderful. Lots of fun and a great way to really see some of the Island. The views from the line are amazing!! The staff was super friendly and ... read morehelpful, while always putting safety first. Some of our group enjoyed it so much they went more than once during our stay. Aloha Ka'anapali Skyline Adventure Reservations 1 888 TO-GO-ZIP.Comment.11 months ago. ReportJules Ela
After that drive around and look for some of the locals selling food on the side of the road!! Best BBQ chicken ever!
- La Provence3158 Lower Kula Rd, Kula, HI 96790recommended La ProvenceDid you know you could get authentic French pastries on Maui? I've never been to France but my friends that have say that the pastries here are on par with some of the best spots in Paris. Who knows, ... read morebut they melt in my mouth so I have to concur! Located in Kula, they are only open Wed-Sun from 7:30-2pm. The have an incredible breakfast on Sat and Sunday only. Try the Crab and Spinach Benedict. On weekdays, I love to stop in and get coffee and one of their ham and mozzarella quiche's. There is always somewhat of a line and the service is very slow. But everyone look's happy cause they know it's all worth it. Also, seating is outdoors and it can be a little chilly early in the morning so be sure to dress warmly.Katie McMillan
Amazing French bakery in Kula. It's the real deal. Only open wed-Sun. Full breakfast on the weekend only. Incredible pastries.
- Star Noodle286 Kupuohi Street Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii 96761recommended Star NoodleYum yum yum!! Star Noodle rocks my world! Its a little off the beaten path behind a Lahaina Shopping Center but its so worth the small effort to find it. I love the tapas style menu. I could not stop ... read moreordering more food..not that I was hungry..I was just so moved by how tasty everything was and I wanted to try it all. Asian Pacific cuisine at its best and very reasonable prices.
- Nuka780 Haiku Rdrecommended NukaThis is one of the best restaurants on the North Shore of Maui. It is owned by the same people that own the Paia Fish Market. The fish is super fresh and some of the best sushi I've had on Maui. I ... read morehighly recommend any of the roles, the hamachi sashimi, the Ahi sashimi salad...I have had nothing here that I wouldn't recommend! Do get here early if you don't wait to wait. This is the new north shore hot spot and it gets packed as the night goes on.
- Maui Kombucha810 Kokomo Road #136, Haiku, HI, United Statesrecommended Maui KombuchaGet off the Hana Hwy and take that drive to Haiku. Hidden on the back side of the Haiku Cannery shopping center (past Upcountry Fitness) is a "booch" lovers delight! When you walk up to the booch bar, ... read moreyou will be given free shots of the flavors on tap. Be careful, the Kombucha here has magical powers and soon you will realize that you've been sitting there for hours talking to all the people who have found themselves mesmerized with you. Not only do they have the best homemade Kombucha you've ever had, but they have an extensive menu of raw foods and the best raw pies you have ever tasted. They also have hot soups that are to die for. This place is a local favorite and once you stop in you'll understand why.Katie McMillan
Tiff, this place is hidden but has become a little hub of the north shore. super fun people work here. The "hooch" is delicious and they also serve great raw and vegan cuisine.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea3550 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, HI 96753recommended Andaz Maui at WaileaAre you a bohemian entrepreneur? Stunning decor, DJ booth by the pool, and an extremely elegant, modern, and innovative design without being pretentious. That being said, Andaz is not for the budget ... read moretraveler in anyway shape or form. This is luxury at its finest. The Andaz takes sustainability to a whole new level. Local chefs, produce, culture..the best of Maui was involved in making this space. I can't wait to spend more time here.
recommended Napili Bay BeachGreat beach to go swimming and snorkeling. If you want to take a break, you can go up to the walk up bar at Sea House Restaurant and grab a drink. A popular local hangout as well.
- Aloha Mixed Plate1285 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Aloha Mixed PlateBest cheap eats in Lahaina! Head over for happy hour and get $3 mai tais and $1.75 draft beers. Mini mixed plates are around $4 and large plates are around $7. The mahi mahi and shoyu chicken are ... read moredelicious. Don't forget to try their famous coconut prawns. Great outdoor eating area. No alcoholic beverages on the lanai next to the water though.recommended Aloha Mixed PlateThis was our go-to place during our week in Maui. We must have stopped here for at least three meals during the week. They have everything from loco moco (pulled pork) to Korean short ribs to coconut ... read morebattered prawns. Everything was good. I would highly recommend the french fries with furikaki (Japanese seaweed seasoning), the coconut battered prawns, and the pineapple bread pudding (it's more like a fruit cake texture rather than what we know as bread pudding). All entrees come with two scoops of rice and their signature macaroni salad. Each dish is served on a paper plate and they give you plastic utensils, so it's a really chill place where you can sit outside and enjoy the sun and breeze. The staff is very friendly and patient. They're always willing to give good recommendations to the tourists. However, this is also a favorite stop for the locals, from what I hear.
- Westin Maui Resort & Spa2365 Ka'anapali Parkway, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Westin Maui Resort & SpaPerfect location right at Kaanapali Beach. The resort grounds are beautiful and there are koi ponds and flamingos right when you enter the lobby. Great pool area for those traveling with families. The ... read morerooms can be on the small side, but get an ocean view room and you won't mind.
- Da Kitchen425 Koloa Street, Kahului, HI, United Statesrecommended Da KitchenFor a taste of Hawaii, head to this location near the Kahului Airport! Mixed plates are delicious. Get their famous fried SPAM masubi, loco moco and kalua pork. Perfect for a quick bite before or ... read moreafter a flight.recommended Da KitchenThis was our first and last stop in Maui. We must have ordered right because the fried spam musubi was delicious! I'm not a huge fan of spam to begin with, but this was great. This place has a bunch ... read moreof good fried dishes if you're in the mood. The tempura battered fish and chips are also great.
- Honolua-Mokulē‘ia Bay Marine Life Conservation DistrictHonolua-Mokulē‘ia Bay Marine Life Conservation District, Hawaii 96761recommended Honolua-Mokulē‘ia Bay Marine Life Conservation DistrictGreat spot for snorkeling as it's pretty secluded. It is a bit of a challenge to get down to the water though, as you can get pretty cut up on the rocks. Once you're in, you'll see a ton of fish and ... read moresea turtles. During the winter, this is one of the locals' favorite surf spots. Definitely not for the novice surfer though!
- Nakalele BlowholePohelua Bay, United Statesrecommended Nakalele BlowholeWhat a beautiful natural sight! Nakalele Blowhole is a bit hidden, and you'll have to hike through rocky, unmarked trails to get to it. The "Acid War Zone" trail is near Mile Marker #38 where a gravel ... read moreparking lot is located. It'll take about 30 minutes to hike over to the blowhole. The second trail to the blowhole is located half a mile past Mile Marker #38 and is marked by a dirt pullout along the side of the road. From this area you can see the blowhole without doing the hike. I'd recommend doing the hike though - it's definitely worth it!
- Mama's Fish House799 Poho Pl, Paia, HI 96779recommended Mama's Fish HouseMama’s Fish House is Hawaiian fine dining at its best! The location is idyllic right on the north shore of Maui. Although we didn’t have reservations, we were able to walk in and get seats at the bar, ... read morewhich is actually a preferred choice of seating for me, especially when with a friend. Mark and Kevin were some of the friendliest bartenders I encountered, and it was much more lively because we got a chance to chat with our neighbors. Expect to pay $$$$, but it’s well worth it. The fish is all caught that morning, and their dishes are incredibly well prepared and delicious. I absolutely loved the opakapaka fish in panang curry and their signature dish, the mac nut crusted mahi mahi stuffed with lobster. Mai Tais were a hefty $16 – good but not the best mai tais on the island. Service is top notch! A beautiful place to celebrate a special occasion.
- Paia Inn Hotel93 Hana Highway, Paia, HI 96779recommended Paia Inn HotelWhat a wonderful little boutique hotel in one of my favorite towns in Maui! There are 15 units and all of them have their own different characteristics. You'll feel like you're staying in a vacation ... read morehome rather than a hotel. Guests have access to a private beach. Customer service is fantastic - the staff is gracious and super accommodating.
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar600 Office Road, Lahaina, HI, United Statesrecommended Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMy favorite sushi restaurant in Maui. Happy half hour from 5:30-6pm (25% off food) and late night happy hour on Thursdays and Fridays from 10pm-close (50% off sushi and appetizers, drink specials and ... read morefree karaoke!). Sansei style ahi poke with Maui onions is a must, along with their miso butterfish and panko crusted ahi roll. Get there by 5:15pm to queue up!
- Pineapple Grill at Kapalua200 Kapalua Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Pineapple Grill at KapaluaThursday Industry Nights is the best time to go to Pineapple Grill! From 5:30-close, they offer 50% off pupus and drink specials at the bar. The pork and mushroom spring rolls are super yummy and only ... read more$5 during happy hour! And since it's called Pineapple Grill, I had to get a few items with pineapple in them. I loved their pineapple mojito, and their pineapple upside down cake was absolutely divine. Located at Kapalua Resort, you'll get awesome views of the sprawling golf course from both the lanai and main dining room area. You can also see the ocean, but I missed the sunset.recommended Pineapple Grill at KapaluaThe seared ahi was incredible, with the pistachio crust on the outside. The macademia crusted mahi mahi on top of rice was also amazing. However, the best dish was the upside down pineapple cake with ... read moremassive macademia nut ice cream on top. YUM! The service was good. The restaurant is a little difficult to find though, as you have to curve through small streets past a country club.
- Fleetwood's on Front Street744 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Fleetwood's on Front StreetThey say that if they're flying a red flag at Fleetwood's it means that Mick is on the island. Well, it just so happened that he was actually at his own restaurant, which just opened on August 1st, ... read morechatting it up with guests all night long. Not only did we get to have the pleasure of seeing him there, but we also got to witness a couple purchase their $36K Harley Davidson Hog Burger - the first one ever bought! To think that someone actually paid that much for a burger! It does indeed come with a custom Harley though, and Mick and the Chef presented it to them. The restaurant has a really cool vibe, but the rooftop lounge is really the best part of the place. There's an incredible view of the water, and if you get there for sunset, you'll be in for a treat. The seating is very cozy and they have live music playing as well. You may even catch some of Mick's closest musician friends jamming out. Cocktails are really fantastic as is the food. They only serve bar food up on the roof, so if you want an entree, make a reservation for the dining room, although the bar food portions looked rather big too. Go for the fish options and make sure you order their half pineapple dessert. It's delish! This place is definitely rockin' and an awesome addition to Front Street!
- Black RockKaanapali Beach (West Maui), Lahaina HI 96761recommended Black RockGreat beach for catching some rays, snorkeling and the best part - cliff diving! For a thrill, climb up Black Rock if you dare (well, it's scary climbing up and standing on the edge of the 30+ ft ... read morerock, but so fun jumping off) and make a big splash into the ocean. Park at Whaler's Village and get 3 hours free with validation at participating shops/restaurants.
- Baldwin BeachHana Highway (Hwy 36), Paia, HI 96779recommended Baldwin BeachBaldwin is the prettiest beach on the north shore, with sweeping views of north Maui. By and large the North Shore is not great for swimming, but on the far right end of Baldwin there is a cove that ... read moreis protected by both the surf and the wind, with lots of shade. Baldwin is really long, so its great for running or taking long walks at sunset. No surfing here.
- Paia Fish Market Restaurant100 Baldwin Ave Paia, HI 96779recommended Paia Fish Market RestaurantMy favorite place to eat in Maui. The fish market is a bit of a dive - it is small, usually crowded, has no table service, and makes you sit on benches at long tables you share with other diners. So ... read morewhy bother? The fish burgers. These are not really burgers - its fresh Mahi Mahi, Ono or other Pacific delihts, grilled and served on a bun with a variety of toppings and fries on the side. Eat here once and you will want to return again and again. They also have great fish tacos, but the burgers are the best.
- Bamboo ForestBetween mile marker 6 and 7, Hana Highway, Haiku, HIrecommended Bamboo ForestOne of the most magical hikes on Maui, and very difficult to find. There are no signs whatsoever. After you pass mile marker 6 look for cars parked on the side of the road. A narrow, slippery muddy ... read moretrail will descend and take you through and amazing forest of towering bamboo, over streams and to 4 different waterfalls. Accessing the last 2 requires some climbing/scrambling up cliff faces holding onto tied ropes. The journey, however, is magical and one of the most perfect on the island.
- Hana HighwayHI-360 on Maui’s northeastern shoreline to Hana, Hawaiirecommended Hana HighwayOne of the most beautiful roads in the world! When you come to Maui, this is a Must See (Must Drive ;-)André Kuik
Most people go the same way back when they arrived in Hana, but when you just follow the 330 and 31 (round-trip) the views after Hana are amazing. NOTE: Be shure that it is allowed by the rental-car company to drive that road!
- Cheeseburger In Paradise811 Front Street, Lahaina, HIrecommended Cheeseburger In ParadiseGreat location, really paradise! The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly.
commented on this list
West side - Honua Kai Resort
West side food - Teddy's Bigger Burger and Aloha Mixed Plate. Koas Bar and Grill.
South Side -- Mana Kai Resort, Andaz Resort
South side food - Threes bar and grill, Cafe Carmen,
Maalaea General Store for lunch
For more I recommend - http://www.mauiinformationguide.com
commented on this list
on the road to Hana, we broke off a few times and chatted with locals, really fun and nice peeps. Also ask about the venus pools. They are fun to jump off the rocks there. you may have to ignore some fences and a few signs...:)
- Flatbread Company89 Hana Highway, Paia, HI
- Twin Falls6300 Hana Highway, Haiku, HI
- Old Lahaina Luau1251 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761-1723
- Banyan TreeLahaina, HI
- Waianapanapa State ParkWai'anapanapa State Park
- Keawakapu BeachWailea-Makena, HI, United States
- Oheo Gulch Kipahulu, HI 96713
- Iao Valley State ParkIao Valley Road, Wailuku, HI 96793
- Haleakala National Park (Kula)Haleakalā National Park, Kula, Hawaii 96790
- Maui Ocean Center192 Maalaea Boat Harbor Road, Wailuku, HI
- Surfing Goat Dairy3651 Omaopio Road, Kula, HI
- Alii Kula Lavender1100 Waipoli Road, Kula, HI