Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 82%Nightlife Lovers
- 81%Family Travelers
- 71%Budget Travelers
- 71%Art & Design Lovers
- 69%History Buffs
- 61%Business Travelers
User Reviews (445)Write a review
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 20, 2013
Times Square is for tourists. If you haven't been there, you should check out the neon signs and billboards but this district is known for overpriced, mediocre food, annoying touts and pick pockets. Locals avoid it if they can.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Nov 16, 2013
The thing about Times Square is all about feeling so small between the billboards and screens. You can't help but feel a little excitement every time you go back.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 01, 2013
I love it and I hate it. A definite must see. The neon lights here could easily be at home in Tokyo or Hong Kong. Absolutely swarmed with tourists. An icon but one that you learn to avoid if you live here.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9Oct 29, 2013
Definitely a great place to be! Full of people all night long; I was on my own in the city and I didn't even fear for my safety. The lights are mesmerizing...tons of shops, restaurants, and things to see in the vicinity!
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 29, 2013
Iconic and overwhelming, this space is full of tourists and energy. There is a lot to see in the area, but once you've been there it's not a place you need to see twice.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 6Oct 27, 2013
There is no other place like Times Square in North America. The best time to visit is at night when you can view the vibrant lights, shop in provocatively decorated stores, and enjoy a good American cuisine while you people watch from a window seat in one of many restaurants.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureAdventure TravelersOct 25, 2013
Times Square is only the center of the universe and a New York must. The lights, the people, the energy - this is what the Big Apple is all about and it's all there in a square that really isn't a square at all. Leave it to NY to redefine geometry as we know it.
- Times SquareMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3Oct 20, 2013
So pretty much any movie that's been about a trip to NYC has filmed a scene here, but some are more iconic than others. "Taxi Driver" for instance, has some climactic action between all the traffic and lights that make up Times Square. Walk around in the early hours of the morning, when tourism more or less takes a break, and you may see a movie filming!
Address:43rd Street and 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10036
Total Reviews:445 Reviews