Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 66%Local Culture
User Reviews (6 Reviews)
- Timhotel Place d'Italie - Butte aux CaillesMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Nov 26, 2013
A relatively unremarkable hotel. Though it is very much out of the way and quite small, the neighborhood is up and coming, the staff was nice, the prices are very reasonable, and the rooms were relatively spacious and light for the price range. Overall this place felt more like a more private hostel than a hotel. It is probably better suited to younger travelers.
- Timhotel Place d'Italie - Butte aux CaillesMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Nov 19, 2013
There’s nothing exceptional about this hotel. It is pretty old but the rooms are simple and clean and are colored in white and pale blue. Bathrooms all have a shower but unfortunately a shower curtain is the only thing preventing you from flooding the floor.
The staff is very friendly and the prices are amazing for Paris, with double rooms at around 50 Euros/night if you book in advance on their website. Breakfast can also be served in the breakfast room for 11 euros extra.
As for the location, you are in the South of Paris but have easy access to the center by Metro. There is nothing much in the street itself (so it is very quiet) but the area has many cute pedestrian streets and you are right by Place d’Italie and the cute Buttes aux Cailles neighborhood where you will find lots of quirky little restaurants and bars.
- Timhotel Place d'Italie - Butte aux CaillesMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesVegetarian+ 5Nov 18, 2013
There is something almost institutional about this hotel. There's not much to say about it, as its impersonality is almost overwhelming. However the rates are so affordable that if I had to choose between this and a hostel, I'd choose this modest Timhotel without a doubt. It's simple and ok, as long as you are not expecting anything spectacular. The location near metro Corvisart is a plus.
The neighborhood is decent if you want to see a real Parisian residential area, there are actually some really cute streets and houses just nearby. As the location is quite far from the touristic city center, also the prices are more affordable in restaurants and bars in here.
- Timhotel Place d'Italie - Butte aux Cailles
Very Good!178 reviews across the web.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 100%.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. Highly appreciated by 92% of guests.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- PriceBest value. 90% of guests enjoyed it.
- Food87% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel75% thought it was clean.