Trip Plan Details
- Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley6711 Washington Street, Yountville, CArecommended Ma(i)sonry Napa ValleyMa(i)sonry is part art gallery, part furniture store, part tasting room and just oozes arsty chic. They offer lots of different varietals from different local wineries that are too small to have their ... read moreown tasting rooms, so you can just choose from a ton of flights or just buy a few bottles and enjoy them outside on their cozy outdoor lounge area. They stay open until 10pm, so you can come here and relax by their firepit outside with some more wine after a day of tasting!
- Paraduxx7257 Silverado Trail, Napa, CArecommended ParaduxxJust like its sister winery in Anderson Valley, Goldeneye, Paraduxx has gorgeous grounds, impeccable and unpretentious service and lovely reds. The modern tasting room is beautiful, but the large ... read moreoutdoor area with plush couches and chic black Adirondack chairs with lime green cushions is the place to be on a perfect sunny day. Our table quickly filled up with Riedel glasses, as in addition to our $20 tasting of four reds, we were brought tastings of the Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc, Goldeneye Pinot and one other red that escapes me... it had interesting notes of cherry cola and vanilla... It was all a special treat, and had it not been so warm out, even under the shade, we probably would've stayed the entire afternoon. Love the tasting notes printed on cards that look like giant postage - it's always fun quizzing the person you're with to see how much wine knowledge they have.Connie Pistilli
My favorite winery in Napa! Just a short 10 minute drive from Yountville.recommended ParaduxxThis winery (sister to Duckhorn Winery) was recommended to me as the #1 choice of a friend of mine who is a chef. I was not disappointed - they have great wines and a very relaxing tasting room ... read moreenvironment. Rather than your expected small room where people crowd around a bar area, they have lots of tables and cushiony seats where you sit and enjoy your wine for as long as you want. Great for groups and I definitely left with plenty of their wine in my bag!Traci
Great place for groups!
- Bouchon6534 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599recommended BouchonYou might think that this name-brand chef's bistro in downtown Yountville is overpriced, but it's actually not. Flawless service, chewy bread, and house-made blood sausage are just a few of the ... read moretreats. Make reservations in advance, or if you strike out on getting a table, at least stop by the next-door Bouchon Bakery for a snack to take with you to your next vineyard tasting.
- Kaz Vineyard & Winery233 Adobe Canyon Road, Kenwood, CA 95452-9046recommended Kaz Vineyard & WineryTired of the snobbery of most Napa (and even some Sonoma) wine tasting rooms? Sick of overpriced vintages that don't really have much flavor or guts? Get yourself to Kaz winery, where the mad genius ... read morewinemaker loves to experiment with rare red varietals and innovative blends. Last time we stopped by, he even let us fill our own bottles, then autographed them for us. A totally down-to-earth guy who deserves his cult winemaker status. No wimpy wines here!
- Jessup Cellars6740 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599-1304recommended Jessup CellarsThe staff at this tasting room is great, and so are their wines. I stumbled upon this place and it was one of my favorite stops of the whole trip. I also loved their port wines - if you like port, you ... read moreare in for a treat. If you go in December in off season like we did, you'll get lots of off-the-menu special tastings, which is a nice treat!Traci
They do sit down wine tastings for groups by reservation - you can even have your own room, I think. That is probably a good option for your group!
- Folie à Deux Winery7481 st. helena Highway, CArecommended Folie à Deux WineryLittle known, I think they make some great reds. The simple zinfandel and menage a trois varieties are great. I have fond memories of my visit here, and never feel let down when I buy a bottle at the ... read morelocal package store.Julia P
Hey Tisha, I went here on my first trip to Napa. It's a really cute, small winery that would be definitely good for beginners and was also shown to me by my friend whose husband is a sommelier and works for Thomas Keller. So I think that it could work for people with more experience, too.
- Kollar Chocolates 6525 Washington Street
- Domaine Chandon - Etoile Restaurant1 California Dr, Yountville, CA 94599
- Bottega6525 Washington Street, Yountville, CA
- Bistro Jeanty6510 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- Ad Hoc6476 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- Redd6480 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- The French Laundry6640 Washington St., Yountville, CA 94599
- Bouchon Bakery6528 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599
- Bell Wine Cellars6200 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599-9452
- Cornerstone Cellars 6505 Washington Street, Yountville, CA, United States
- Goosecross Cellars1119 State Lane, Yountville, CA 94599-9407
- Domaine Chandon1 California Drive, Napa, CA 94558