Toppings Tree Restaurant

1171 Homestead Rd, Suite 150, Santa Clara, CA

• Toppings Tree RestaurantAmbassadorPro 2014
    Stanley Chan
    4 Nov 13, 2013

I love this place! It's a wonderful Filipino restaurant in Santa Clara that offers a lot for a decent price. The portions are sizable and most importantly, it's tasty! We ordered the various BBQs, ranging from pork to chicken to beef, and the crispy pata! Yummy! We also ordered one of their special dishes, the grilled pork belly, which was pretty much thick cuts of bacon, served over java rice. Delicious. The soups were tasty and the noodles were large enough to serve two. Great rice plates and a wonderful place to come at night if you're craving tasty Filipino food.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
  • Toppings Tree RestaurantPro 2014
    Albert Qian
    4 Aug 10, 2013

Filipino food in the heart of Silicon Valley. To begin, this stuff is HEAVY. Order cautiously. But if you do order get the Chicken Adobo which is always my favorite dish. End your day with the Halo Halo. The place also does not get crowded!

• Toppings Tree Restaurant
    Fro

I live a close distance from the place. If by means, close, I can walk here within 20 minutes, driving 2 minutes or bike 10 minutes. Whenever my sister and I seem lazy to cook or drive to my parents place for Filipino food, we come here for their delicious entrees.
    Most of the choices off the menu are great! I usually order any of the following:

Lechon Kawali
    Grilled Pork chops (comes with achara...pickled carrots and radish)
    Sisig (fried pork belly with diced onions and peppers)
    Daing na Bangus (milkfish marinated in vinegar and garlic)
    Laing (taro leaves cooked in coconut milk with minced garlic and peppers)

Typically, I would've ordered the filipino style breakfast plates, but I prefer something outside of the usual. All that I've mentioned above is delicious! It doesn't come close to my grandma's homecooked meals but I wouldn't pass any of those up especially if you have it with a side of Java rice instead of steamed white rice. The java rice is a different taste to adobo styled rice or garlic fried rice because of its seasoned flavor. I know that Filipino food is rich in flavor but if you have a palate for fat and grease, you've gone to the right place. There isn't much vegetarian entrees but if you stick to Laing or Pinakbet, those are your better choices. All of the food comes in large portions, so it's great to share among others if you come in a big group.

I highly suggest to try Dinuguan, which is pork blood stew. One of my favorite dishes that not many Filipino restaurants offer. The stew is cooked in savory stew of offal (typically lungs, kidneys, intestines, ears, heart and snout) simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili and vinegar. So, if you happen to come here by chance, I'm telling you to try it if you're on the adventurous side! Sounds too extreme for you, then perhaps a plate of pancit bihon or tocino is a safer choice.

They offer catering if you call or drop by in advance. There's no buffet or turo-turo style options, but come check it out if you're in the mood for Filipino food on the inexpensive side. Save a bang for your buck for large portions and good food with a family or few friends!

542 people visited Toppings Tree Restaurant