Torihei

1757 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA

• Torihei

Probably just an isolated incident, but I don't care because I was pissed.

We made the far drive to Torrance just to try Torihei and instead was turned away.

We were waiting to be seated and I was super excited because I saw that they were about to clear a table. However, the waiter came up to us and told us that we could not be seated because there was a water problem in the kitchen and they could not serve us. However, I could still see them grilling skewers... which was all I wanted to eat...

I asked if they could grill some for us to take to-go and he kept saying he couldn't serve us because of kitchen water problem. Another waitress then took a party from the back and seated them at the empty table.

I didn't really know what else to say so we just walked next door to eat at Musha.

However, when we were leaving Musha, we saw a couple walk into Torihei and get seated. Wtf?

If we knew we could've waited for a table, then we probably would have. The waiters seriously have to learn to work on their communications skills. What made me even more mad was Musha wasn't even yummy. Made the drive to Torrance for nothing. :(

Will have to find time/ excuse to drive back down to Torrance and try Torihei next time.

• Torihei

I gotta say this is the BEST yakitori place I've been to! Honda Ya is not even comparable & their Kawaba beer is goes PERFECTLY with these little skewers. The only thing you gotta watch out for is not to order too much! U might think u can eat a lot of these are just little skewers, but think again if your belly is getting filled with lots of beer~

Too lazy and too many skewers for me to tell you how each taste, so just look @ the picture I posted. If it looks good, yummy and delicious, then you probably should order it again have some!

Oh, make sure you make reservation cause they do take reservation so you don't needa wait ^^

• Torihei

My favorite Japanese restaurant in Torrance. Definitely beats Musha. The yakitori, oden and izakaya dishes are all very delicious! They have also have a large selection of alcohol (beers, shochu, sake) to choose from. They have this apple shochu that tastes like apple juice and uses real small apples as the shochu cup. Very cute and refreshing!

48 people visited Torihei