Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 66%Art & Design Lovers
- 66%Local Culture
- 66%Nightlife Lovers
- 64%Adventure Travelers
- 57%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (9)Write a review
- Toro BravoMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11
One of my favorite restaurants in Portland. The food is always amazing (I recommend the bacon wrapped dates, flat bread, and squid ink pasta!) and the service is impeccable. It's usually quite busy (an average of an hour wait) especially on weekends, so pop in to put your name on the list and head upstairs to The Secret Society for a drink while you wait!Recommended for:
- Toro BravoMember ofBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2First to Review
I went out to Toro Bravo last night with a close friend and dined on cocktail drinks and an empanada. The empanada had curried celery and apples and tasted delicious. The place gets fairly crowded on Saturdays. Regardless, it's worth a visit and I'm looking forward to coming back and trying more dishes.Recommended for:
- Toro BravoMember ofBackpackersOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5
I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to Spanish style tapas, so take my review with a grain of salt (my friends all loved the food here). Toro Bravo is a buzzing restaurant and you are likely to incur an hour+ long wait on a weekend night. The interest in dining here definitely creates a strong energy and the restaurant is full of energy. The menu consists of all your favorite tapas items and is perfect to share among a small group of friends. It is best to order a few items at a time to see how the group is feeling instead of ordering everything at once. This place is extremely reasonable in its pricing which makes it really approachable.
- Toro BravoMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2
In a nutshell: dark, small plates, meat-heavy.
I enjoyed the "french kisses" (prunes stuffed with foie gras) so much that I ordered two plates, just for me. The omelet with shaved truffle seemed terribly inappropriate at 9 p.m., but it truly hit the spot. I felt like a queen eating such decadent dishes!Recommended for:
- Toro BravoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesAdventure Travelers
The great thing about tapas is you never get bored with your meal. There's always another small plate coming out. Get here early because you'll be fighting for a spot at this immensely popular spot. Order the Chef's tasting menu.Recommended for:
- Toro BravoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11
This is a great Tapas place in Portland! Quant neighborhood feel, large open window storefront with community tables and a rear eating bar, with the open kitchen right behind where all the fantastic little Tapa plates come out quickly!
First, the 4 of us started by sitting in the waiting area, which is a long narrow, 3 foot wide space with little cabaret like tables nail down, for drinks. Cozy and intimate as we salivated over the tapas menu.
The drinks menu was great too! After trying a Bravo Manhattan (Bulleit Bourbon, Carpano Antica Vermouth, Angostura bitters, toschi cherry, up, 9) and a Toro Martini (Medoyeff Vodka, Mansanilla Sherry rinse, salted almond, up, 9) we all agreed that the best drink was the Red Pepper Delicious (Aviation Gin, sweet red peppers, mint, lime, up $9)
After being seated on a community table seating about 10, we ordered, with great attention from our server, who was helpful and great with timing. We ordered 13 things, and split them all between us.
1. Toasted Almonds with Sea Salt (2)
2. Pickled Vegetables and Marinated Olives (3)
3. Fried Anchovies with Fennel and Lemon (7)
4. Pimentos de Padrons (6)
5. Griddled Bacon Wrapped Dates with warm honey (2/each)
6. Duck Liver Mousse Terrine with Morels & House made sidra mustard (7)
7. Seared Scallops with Romesco sauce (13)
8. Spicy Octopus and Prawn Stew (10)
9. Smoked Pork Shoulder Sandwich with Aioli & Heirloom Tomato (8)
10. Roasted Eggplant w/Lamb Ragu, Sweet Peppers & Mahon (10)
11. Smoked Pork Rillettes with Marmalade and Toast (7)
12. Oxtail Croquettes with Spice Roasted Chili Mayonnaise (14)
13. Braised Torpedo Onions with Salbitxada (4)
Desserts were Churros with Chocolate dipping sauce; Almond Ice Cream with hot Espresso poured over it, and large coffees.
There wasn't a bad dish on the list! All winners, and such a fun way to eat with friends!
They also have a tapas tasting menu for $25/person, a good wine list including 10 Sherries, Beer, and Sangria.
Great food, great service, great fun! Best Tapas I have had in a long, long time! Ole!