Toscanini's

899 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Toscanini's

• Toscanini'sCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014

Voted as the best ice cream by New York Times, the ice cream here is pretty creative and flavorful. I really enjoyed the salty saffron and green tea ice cream and they have a bunch of other really unique flavors. The best part is that you can ask to sample ones you're interested in! Make a stop here if you're in town!

Recommended for:Family TravelersStudentsLocal CultureFoodies

Great ice cream.

• Toscanini'sPro 2014

I was super stoked about trying this place after my sister raved about their Earl Grey icecream when she visited Boston.

I was only in Boston for two days (Friday&Monday Boston; Saturday&Sunday New York) so I squeezed in a lot of places I wanted to eat. I think 80% of my itinerary for NY&MA were food related lol. Toscanini's was on my list but I couldn't enjoy the ice cream as much because I had way too many sweets beforehand(ginormous cannolis, chocolate and a chocolate cocktail). The line was long but it wasn't that bad. I saw a lot of college kids. I got an earl grey icecream which tasted almost like honey to me. Wish I tried their other ice cream flavors but I was too sugared-out :/ I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't eat anything sweet...boo

I'd still recommend this place to ice cream lovers. Hopefully I'll could come back someday and give it another try.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersArt & Design LoversFamily TravelersFoodies
  • Toscanini'sAmbassadorPro 2014

Unusual flavors are featured in this happening ice cream shop, along with a few of your classic staples. I went with goat cheese brownie, but not after sampling a few others. I was pretty taken with the burnt caramel as well. I could easily find myself making Toscanini's a frequent stop during the summer until I explore their entire menu. I can see why NY Times raves about their concoctions.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
  • Toscanini'sPro 2014

Crazy amazing flavors and crazy good ice cream. Located centrally at central square, Toscanini is one of the most sought after ice cream spots in Boston.The atmosphere is wonderfully casual, well lit and well, filled with sweet treats. They offer a whooping 37 flavors and many are so unique you won't find them anywhere else, flavors ranges from the familiar mango and green tea to very unique ones like goat cheese brownie, salty saffron and kulfi. After a frenzy of sampling (ask away!), I got the burnt caramel and green tea. Burnt caramel has a delicious bitter taste with a hint of caramel (It's like eating dark chocolate but with caramel), very rustic taste. The green tea is matcha flavored and refreshing. The texture is smooth and fluffy at the same time, almost gelato-like. The ice cream in the freezer looks too good to be true.
    Delicious!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureStudents
  • Toscanini'sPro 2014

This hip little ice cream joint is just a couple of blocks from my friend's place in Cambridge. They have a bunch of different flavors, many of which are intriguing. I had the lemon ginger which was nice and light on my already full stomach. It's not particularly cheap though.

Recommended for:FoodiesTrendsters
  • Toscanini's

Tosci's - as the locals call it - is fantastic for two purposes: first, the ice cream is out of this world. The fanciful flavors, ever rotating, are endless deliciousness. Second, this is a fantastic coffeeshop to work in. The wifi is free, there's ample power, really good coffee (I recommend a cappuccino, or the homebrewed iced tea), and the tables are great.

• Toscanini's

Crazy-good ice cream flavors in a creamy, almost-gelato texture. Try cardamom if you like chai; burnt caramel is a personal favorite.

• Toscanini's

Ice cream lovers paradise.

Recommended for:BackpackersFoodiesLocal Culture

482 people visited Toscanini's

Moderate

Open daily, Brunch Sat.-Sun.

Gryphon House