Travelodge Chicago Downtown
- Business Center
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
- Children Allowed
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Dry Cleaning
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Travelodge Chicago DowntownMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Feb 19, 2014
Sometimes you just need a place to crash that’s also reasonably priced and close to downtown. Travelodge is not going to impress you with its amenities, or its design. This hotel isn’t exactly the thoroughbred horse that you take to the Kentucky Derby. However, if you’re looking for a hearty mare to plow some fields, Travelodge will do the job. It’s located nearby the famed Buddy Guy’s blues joint, so if you’re in town and want to see some local guitar maestros, that’s a good place to start. The décor in the rooms isn’t exactly head-turning, but a nice bonus is that even standard rooms have a small desk in case you’re looking to get some work done during your stay.
- Travelodge Chicago DowntownMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8First to ReviewOct 24, 2013
Despite it’s prime location near Michigan Avenue and all of Chicago’s major parks, the Travelodge didn’t really appeal to me. The staff wasn’t rude, but no one seemed to be very enthusiastic about being at their job or with helping me.
The interior is pretty shabby and old and I just didn’t feel like there was much life to the place at all.
As a big fan of Thai food, I was happy that Thai Spoon is located in the same building as the hotel and for those of you looking for other options, Chicago Carry-Out is also in the building, offering traditional American cuisine.
If you’re just looking for somewhere to crash after a long day of sightseeing, this could be an alright place to do it as you won’t have to travel very far to get back if you’re sticking around the main sites of Chicago.
Poor719 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Location98% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 94%.
- Service88% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel75% thought it was clean.
- InternetInternet is average. Only 68% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- Food67% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.
Dining options at the Travelodge include Chicago Carry-Out and Thai Spoon located in the same building. This 2.0 star property has a business center and offers business services. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and laundry facilities.
There are 233 guest rooms at Travelodge Hotel Downtown. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations and hair dryers. In addition to complimentary wireless Internet access, guest rooms offer voice mail and in room safes. Televisions have premium satellite channels. Air conditioned rooms also include coffee/tea makers, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: US$ 28 per day
- Self parking large vehicle: US$ 33 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.