Travelodge Mammoth Lakes

54 Sierra Blvd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

• Travelodge Mammoth Lakes
    Beatriz Delgado Diez
    1 Jul 15, 2014

My partner and I were going to visit Yosemite during the weekend and chose to stay in Mommoth Lakes in this hotel. On Friday morning I called the hotel to tell them that I had a reservation there, at Travelodge Mammoth Lakes, and that we would be arriving late. They told me there was no problem and therefore I assumed that was the case. The "late arrival" request was also included in the original reservation made through Booking.com.

To my surprise, when I arrived that night, I found out that my reservation had been cancelled and recorded on the system as a "no show". The lady at the reception told us that we should have arrived before 10pm and that she had nothing in the system saying that we requested a late arrival. Therefore, we found ourselves at 1am in the morning, after driving for 7 hours, without a room where to sleep.

Moreover, when we asked for the name of the manager, who was the one that took my call that morning, so we could talk to her the next day, the lady at the reception told us literally the following kind words: "get the f**k out of here". Great customer service. She threatened to call the police and only rectified when we said we were the ones going to call the police.

After leaving the hotel to find a room somewhere else paying double than our original reservation with Travelodge, I received the an email saying that I was going to be charged $99 because of this "no show".

We were so mad that that same night we wrote the manager of the hotel explaining the situation and that we wanted our money back. Next Monday, very kindly the manager sent us an email apologizing and confirming us she would return the money. At least it looked it was going to have a semi-happy ending.

But this is not the end of the story. Two weeks and 3 emails later, we havenĀ“t received our money back nor an explanation or reply.

Totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

Fair1119 reviews across the web.

Excellent value for money, said 100%.
    • Service
      94% found the staff to be very friendly.
      Great parking, according to 84%.
      59% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
      50% found the breakfast to be acceptable.
    • Internet
      Internet is average.
    Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

This hotel is located in Mammoth Lakes. Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort is a local point of interest. Another local attraction is Devil's Postpile National Monument.

Features.
    Dining options at Mammoth Lakes Travelodge include a restaurant. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily. Recreational amenities include a spa tub and a sauna. This 1.5 star property has a business center and offers business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and coffee in the lobby.

Guestrooms.
    Televisions have cable channels.

Notifications:

Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

1 member's review