Adventure Travelers Tribe

Caught a wave lately? Strayed from the well-trod trail? Highpointed South America yet? Know what highpointing even is? If you seek a little adventure or adrenaline (even when you're in a city), our Adventure Tribe is for you.

Tribe Activity

Fer P reviewed:
Siam Park
Autopista del Sur, 38660 Adeje (Tenerife), Spain
Fer P's rating:
Sep 16, 2014
only outside peakseason, else you will spend your time only in the queue
Ben Rodman reviewed:
Kai's Kitchen
12th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Ben Rodman's rating:
Sep 16, 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Kai is a phenomenal chef, she made very comforting Italian food and a divine dessert! The space is so welcoming and beautiful - felt like home. Very recommended!
Wangmo reviewed:
Wangmo's rating:
Sep 16, 2014
Strasburg Railroad(the Strasburg Train). Apparently the best way to experience Lancaster County. 1832-Present.
Cowles Mountain
Golfcrest Drive, San Diego, California
Sep 16, 2014
If I want to go for a two hour hike, Cowle's mountain is my to go place. This hike is a good start for people who just wants to have fun hiking. It's not so difficult to hike it but will definitely ... read more
give you some challenge towards the middle part due to some steepness. I would recommend a proper hiking shoes to be worn necessary in going down as one can slide down easily. Besides the physical activity I get from hiking this mountain, I also enjoy the scenic view of San Diego, Santee and Lake Murray!
Mission Bay Beach
San Diego, California
Sep 16, 2014
My first time to do and learn how to paddle board was in Mission Bay. In spite of the presence of other water sports activities happening all at the same time while I was finding my balance on the ... read more
paddleboard, this didn't obstruct me from standing and travelling around this beautiful bay! Such a memorable experience which definitely made paddleboarding one of my favorite water sports activities!
Ranish Chirayil reviewed:
Hotel Empire International
80 Feet Road, HAL 2nd Stage, Indira Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Ranish Chirayil's rating:
Test 2
Elaine of San Diego reviewed:
Bike and Kayak Tours, Inc.
2158 Avenida De La Playa, San Diego, California
Sep 16, 2014
I have done kayaking in Mission Bay several times but doing it here in La Jolla shores through Bike and Kayak Tours was way different and exciting! What made it challenging was the presence of high ... read more
waves. They crashed into the cliffs which made it harder to get in and out of the caves. Thus, kayaking with a tour guide, specially for first timers was really helpful. Danielle, one of our tour guides helped us go through the caves easily. Tanner, who was equally as energetic and kind as Daniel, gave us concrete tips and guidelines on how to pass through the gigantic waves. They were both very helpful and knowledgeable of the place, which contributed to my enjoyable experience of kayaking at La Jolla caves. I also have to mention that their staff who were in duty to assist us, participants were attentive. They were there to assist us immediately after our kayak flipped twice...lol! This didn't surprise us much as Tanner gave us a heads up ahead! Kudos to this company & their staff!
Pro 2014
Becky Mahan reviewed:
Bike and Kayak Tours, Inc.
2158 Avenida De La Playa, San Diego, California
Becky Mahan's rating:
Sep 16, 2014
Despite the shop being wedged into the end of one of La Jolla's tiny streets, and a staff that wasn't particularly friendly or helpful (at the shop), we had a fantastic time out on the water. The ... read more
guides were top notch - fun, friendly, informative, and witty with clever banter and an easy way of engaging the group. We learned how to paddle, learned history and facts about the ecological reserve and some surrounding areas, and toured the inside of the caves. They also encouraged us to jump out and swim in the open water, and do a standing balance contest. Definitely top marks for fun!
Richie TwoGlocks reviewed:
Key Club
9039 West Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA
Richie TwoGlocks' rating:
Sep 16, 2014
This place is now closed but when it was open there was no better place to be!
Pro 2014
Kat reviewed:
Kat's rating:
Sep 22, 2012
Love this city.... So much to do, so little time