Vegetarian Tribe

Traveling as a vegetarian can mean being overwhelmed by an array of tasty vegan delights, or the daily challenge of explaining why cured ham still counts as meat. Connect with fellow vegetarians to swap tips on how to travel meat-free in style.

Tribe Activity

Central Market
4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78756
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
My favorite grocery store. They always have what I'm looking for, and the staff (esp wine and cheese staff) is very knowledgable and always points me in the right direction.
Wheatsville Co-Op
3101 Guadalupe St, Austin, TX 78705
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
This grocery can be pricey, but since it's right around the corner, it's great for biking or walking to. There tacos are also very good, and they have a lot of gluten-free and vegan options, in their ... read more
aisles AND in the cafe.
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
Best place for juice on the go! Daily Juice has my favorite menu of juices, and I also love their food menu.
Whole Foods Market - Lamar
525 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 4 Apr 21, 2014
I love coming to the flagship Whole Foods to people watch or eat lunch on the go. You'll always find a good lunch here - though it can be very crowded.
Food Heads
616 West 34th Street, Austin, TX
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 4 Apr 21, 2014
This place has great brunch. It's warm and friendly; the atmosphere is beautiful and inviting. The patio rocks!
Recommended for:FoodiesVegetarian
Juiceland
1625 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
I love the juices and snacks here. It's located in a great place if you want to get juice or snacks before going to ZIlker Park.
Christel V reviewed:
New Sagaya Markets
900 West 13th Avenue, Anchorage, AK, United States
Christel V's rating: 4 Apr 21, 2014
Lick Ice Creams
South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78704, United States
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
I always make a bold statement when telling people about Lick: their ice cream is better than ANY I've had, including Blue Bell. Yep, I said it!! I love all of the unusual (but always delicious) ... read more
flavors and the ever changing menu. I always take friends here when they are visiting Austin and they are always delighted.
Beets Café
1611 W 5th St. Suite 165 , Austin, TX 78703
Bailey Klentzman's rating: 5 Apr 21, 2014
Beets Cafe has the best raw food menu I have ever tried. I've tried everything on the menu, and it is all amazing, but I just keep going back to their tacos.
Pro 2014
Kelly G. reviewed:
Fort Street Cafe
1152 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, HI
Kelly G.'s rating: 4 Mar 14, 2014
For $13 + change, I got the shrimp pad thai and thai red curry chicken. They take credit card which makes my life easier The pad thai was moist and flavorful! Shrimp were easy to eat and delicious. ... read more
The thai red curry chicken - I got spicy and it was spicy!!! Not in a terrible way that you have to stop eating though. Catering is excellent as well. My group typically caters for their shrimp summer rolls, fried spring rolls and lemon chicken. They are great and will even deliver if you are close by. Vegetarian options available too! Delicious and cheap.