WRH Trastevere

Via San Crisogono 40, 00153 Rome, Italy
Julia P's rating:
The WRH Trastevere is a small gem of a guesthouse in one of my favorite Roman neighborhoods. Entering through the heavy Italian door you feel like you're stepping into a classic Roman scene, but once inside, funky modern design dominates. Tiny red tiles cover a curved countertop in the entry, and each room (there are only 5) is decorated uniquely by a husband and wife design team. Ours featured a giant Marilyn screen was decorated with fragrant white lilies. The WRH is run by three colleagues, Fabrizio, Alex, and Maria, who are truly welcoming and friendly. I wasn't able to check in until much later than the closing time for reception, so they waited four hours for me and then offered me coffee on arrival. The rooms are big and comfortable, with Umbrian white wine and taralli greeting you on arrival. Rainforest showers and more cute red tiles make the morning toilette a pleasure. The location is within easy walking of great restaurants and bars. Breakfast is included with your stay and is at a little Roman bar across the street. I would definitely highly recommend the WRH to fellow travellers.
.Comment.about 3 years ago . Flag