Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 82%Art & Design Lovers
- 78%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 71%Budget Travelers
- 67%Family Travelers
- 66%History Buffs
Member Reviews (71)
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureVegetarianBackpackers+ 2Dec 21, 2013
Andy Warhol's factory used to be here when the park was filled with junkies and May's department store was on 14th. Now it basically sucks with a bunch of yuppies buying rotten applesauce or some such crap.Recommended for:Trendsters
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Nov 23, 2013
Union Square is a great park that has a lively atmosphere. There's always people chilling here relaxing, and usually there's break dancers, bmx kids, and skaters practicing. It's a great place to people watch especially on a warm night.
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Oct 09, 2013
A quintessential stop during any extended visit to NY. Nice park surrounded by good architecture. A "love it" if you include the weekend farmer's market.
- Union SquareAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Sep 16, 2013
The epicentre of a bustling mix of activities, Union Square is a must stop in downtown NYC. The park is great for a lunch break on a sunny day, although sketchy at night. The Green Market is delightful, filled with fresh produce, flowers and artisan items, as is the artsy scene of musicians on the steps. Union Square also offers a great variety of dining options.
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 7Sep 06, 2013
This is a cool little park with loads of great restaurants and bars surrounding it. One of the best movie theaters is nearby and a few days a week there is a great farmers market. It also has lots of local artists selling their wares...
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Jun 03, 2013
Union Square is great. Great for people-watching, for shopping (clothes and food...helllooooo Farmer's Market!), for drinking (an abundance of bars in the area!), for eating. It's just a really solid spot.