Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 96%Luxury Travelers
- 92%Family Travelers
- 70%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 64%Budget Travelers
- 61%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (196)
- Union SquareMember ofBudget TravelersFamily TravelersHistory Buffs+ 1Feb 23, 2014
Union square was nicely decked out for Chinese New Year. If you've got money to burn, then it's great for retail therapy. I went there because we don't have Uniqlo in Canada
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 1Feb 10, 2014
Union Square is tourist heaven for those from out of town, but for those around here, it's where you go for a date or to price check the latest and greatest, whether that be Neiman Marcus or Macy's. In the winter, go for the ice skating, and in the summer, people watch. Have fun!
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 6Feb 03, 2014
The Union Square shopping area features numerous high end shopping opportunities from large department stores to small boutique shops. The Christmas displays are fantastic.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- Union Square
- Union SquareMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Dec 30, 2013
The square itself is nothing really to see most of the year, but it sits in the middle of SF's main shopping district - a great place to grab some fashionable duds before hitting the town. There are a ton of not so good, touristy restaurants and bars here, but also a lot of real gems hidden away. Not a place to just wander in and eat - do your research and you will find some great spots.
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9Dec 04, 2013
It's an okay place to sit and rest, but I'm not a fan of the nineties take on old street lamps they've commissioned as sculptures. It's hot on a summer day and cold and uncomfortable to sit around winter. There are plenty better places to rest while shopping in the area.
- Union SquareAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 8Nov 26, 2013
This was a nice stop in touring the city. There a ton of shops in this vicinity. Our favorite was an art gallery that has one of our favorite artists in it.
- Union SquareMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesWellness+ 2Nov 20, 2013
I work a few blocks away and I often go to the square with my lunch to eat and enjoy the weather- they offer chairs and tables as well as the large steps for seating. They put an ice skating rink in the winter and a giant tree; very festive. A fun place to go to relax as well as do some shopping or fine dining in the area.Recommended for:Local Culture