for Family Travelers in United Kingdom

filtered byFamiliesX
  • Recommended for You

London

1927 reviews

My favourite place in the world. Amazing, beautiful, incredible. Such a piece of art.

Cambridge

UK

The most popular and have beautiful scenery in this world. We are glad we had visited some of the Colleges and hope to visit here again.

York

UK

It's arguably England's best preserved Medieval city, and very walk able. In addition to the main draw of the Minster, the National Railway Museum is excellent. You can really get the feel of old England here.

Scotland

UK

over 5,000 years of history tell the story of a nation. See brochs, castles, palaces, abbeys, towers and tombs. Explore Historic Scotland with your personal guide to our nation's historic places.

Edinburgh

UK

We just spent a few days here with friends in from the states, and it was well worth it. For starters, the train from London, while long, is a beautiful one which winds along the coast for the last hour or so after Newcastle. The city itself is full of history, incredible architecture, and good food and drink. We spent ...

Stratford-Upon-Avon

UK

I was here once when I was 16 and I remember taking a tour of Shakespeare's house. It left little impression on me but I remember reading once that Thomas Jefferson and John Adams took the same tour during their diplomatic days in the 1780's and, as was custom with sightseers in those days, they cut a shard out of ...

Gibraltar

UK

Gibraltar is a bit of an anomaly. It's like someone cut off a corner of grumpy old England and plopped it down right between Spain and Morocco. You actually need your passport to get into this far flung corner of the UK and you need to take heed of the local pub flies that don't take too kindly to strangers, ...

Southeast England

UK

London pretty much dominates this area, which is a fantastic city, but there are many more places to visit in this area, which shouldn't be missed!

Perth

UK

Perth is a small Scottish City of 45000 people. Stunningly situated on the banks of the River Tay Perth is the gateway to the Scottish Highlands and is well worth a stop to explore and stay over. It has a large range of excellent local places to eat and stay

Scottish Highlands

UK

Okay I am was born in Scotland so I do have a in built preference but I have traveled the World and their is not many places to beat the majestic Scottish Highlands. A Adventure Travel paradise with welcoming Scots to greet you.

Nottingham

UK

If you're in London for a while, I highly recommend getting out of the city and visiting the countryside, and Nottingham is a great choice. It is large enough that the train is direct from London,but there are also very cute, tiny towns surrounding it and of course, Sherwood Forest!

Edwinstowe

UK

This is a very cute town, with friendly people and a classic charm. We stayed here when we visited Sherwood Forest, which is easily reachable by bus. Much less expensive than London and the countryside is beautiful!

Newcastle (Northern Ireland)

UK

beautiful scenery and lovely people!

Mansfield

UK

Mansfield is tiny but cute, with the main attraction of Sherwood Forest. The people are great, although I got the sense that some hasn't set foot outside Mansfield in a while, if ever. We could barely get directions to the next town!

Windsor

UK

Home to Windsor castle, Eton College, and a very scenic town. Accessible by train through Reading and Slough. Great day out with family and the castle is stunning. Be sure to allow a day.

Holland Park

UK

Many a play date enjoyed here with other mums in Kensington. Lovely park, lovely residential area, great cinema (Kensington Odeon -- where our beloved Princess Diana use to take her boys). Access via my favorite street in London, Kensington High Street. Lived within walking distance - great, bustling, but safe and exciting place to stroll and shop.

Bristol

UK

Surprisingly exceeded my expectations as I sailed in here for the Harbour Festival. It is such a lively place with so many things going on with things to do and the art and general landscaping is just brilliant! A great city.

Porthcurno

UK

Turquoise blue water leads to a wide long soft sandy beach surrounded by granite cliffs. Perfect beach for children. Great hikes in the surrounding cliffs. A very special spot worth visiting.

Cardiff

UK

Nice southern Welsh city. Provincial, but very friendly with beautiful open areas. There is a castle and some battlements and a fair bit to see. Plus the visitor's centre is nice.

England

UK

England is very popular for tourism but most people traveling to or through the country never leave London. It's understandable, the city has so much to offer, but the English countryside is also beautiful and as quaint as I imagined it to be. This is a country with a rich history and some of the world's greatest artwork. Historically England ...