for Students in United Kingdom

filtered byStudentsX
  • Recommended for You

London

1927 reviews

My favourite place in the world. Amazing, beautiful, incredible. Such a piece of art.

Cambridge

UK

The most popular and have beautiful scenery in this world. We are glad we had visited some of the Colleges and hope to visit here again.

Edinburgh

UK

I thought Edinburgh was adorable! It is a city with a lot of culture to offer and is very tourist-friendly. Edinburgh has all the chic European style with cobblestones, traditional houses and plentiful gardens with a young and engaged population. I would love to return for fun festivals like Fringe! Additionally, it is quite affordable and a great city to ...

Stratford-Upon-Avon

UK

I was here once when I was 16 and I remember taking a tour of Shakespeare's house. It left little impression on me but I remember reading once that Thomas Jefferson and John Adams took the same tour during their diplomatic days in the 1780's and, as was custom with sightseers in those days, they cut a shard out of ...

Gibraltar

UK

There are many palaces which I liked which as follow

Manchester

UK

The city of the north. Birthplace of the industrial revolution and home to amazing football, among other things. The city centre has undergone gentrification in recent years so ignore the horror stories.

England

UK

England is very popular for tourism but most people traveling to or through the country never leave London. It's understandable, the city has so much to offer, but the English countryside is also beautiful and as quaint as I imagined it to be. This is a country with a rich history and some of the world's greatest artwork. Historically England ...

Southeast England

UK

London pretty much dominates this area, which is a fantastic city, but there are many more places to visit in this area, which shouldn't be missed!

Scotland

UK

over 5,000 years of history tell the story of a nation. See brochs, castles, palaces, abbeys, towers and tombs. Explore Historic Scotland with your personal guide to our nation's historic places.

Nottingham

UK

If you're in London for a while, I highly recommend getting out of the city and visiting the countryside, and Nottingham is a great choice. It is large enough that the train is direct from London,but there are also very cute, tiny towns surrounding it and of course, Sherwood Forest!

Brighton

UK

A phenomenal seaside town to visit from London. Historically rich, this LGBT-friendly destination makes for the perfect place to live outside of the city or take a weekend trip to. Host to a super fun Pier, amazing shopping, and a robust nightlife, Brighton is a can't-miss destination for a UK bucket list.

Berkhamsted

UK

I live there and Berkhamsted is epic in every way

Mansfield

UK

Mansfield is tiny but cute, with the main attraction of Sherwood Forest. The people are great, although I got the sense that some hasn't set foot outside Mansfield in a while, if ever. We could barely get directions to the next town!

Oxford

UK

For those of us in Cambridge, it will always be 'the other place,' but what a nice place it is. Stunning ancient university town with probably superior architecture. You can spend an afternoon or a decade there and still be delighted.

Liverpool

UK

It's a funny city with dead zones that date almost from WWII and a lot of rubble in a belt between the docks and the midtown, but it's undergone a lot of gentrification. Be sure to explore the Albert Dock area, which includes a Tate museum.

York

UK

Having spent much of my angst-y period in high school reading Emily Brontë and Jane Austen, I jumped at the chance to spend six months in York to see the English countryside with my own two eyes. Despite the grey and fogginess that seemed to pervade every nook and cranny in the country, York was even better than I imagined. ...

Exeter

UK

A nice day out on a sunny day! To reach the top you need to physically abled.

Newcastle (Northern Ireland)

UK

beautiful scenery and lovely people!

Inveraray

Salisbury

UK

The cathedral is the main attraction, but you can also spend a few hours walking around the town. Also try Old Sarum in the outskirts and be sure to try the local pub for the grub.