Urth Caffe

267 S Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90212

• Urth CaffeCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Jul 25, 2014

Organic and vegan cafe in the heart of Beverly Hills. Love the morrocan mint boba and banana creme pie!

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendsters
    Tiffany Cheung
    5 Jul 19, 2014

My boyfriend agreed to stop by Urth Caffe after taking me out for my birthday dinner at Fogo de Chao. I know, more food after all you can eat Brazilian barbecue? Yes, I'm a lucky girl. :D

It's pretty close by to Fogo and Lawry's, located near small shops on Hewitt Street. You need to find street parking, so if you come late or early, you will probably be luckier at finding a spot. When I heard about this place, I was thinking more along the lines of a cafe where you sit down and waiters and waitresses take your order. It's actually a more fast food cafe joint. Urth is a cute little cafe that looks like a warm cottage. You walk up the steps and into Urth where you are greeted with their desserts and their menu selection. You order at the counter and if it is "for here," you will get a number which you put on your table so that when the food comes, the waiter knows where to take your order to. There is indoor seating, outdoor seating and extra seating outdoors if you go down the steps. I'm not sure what happens if you have a number but no seat!

My boyfriend tried the medium green tea latte while I tried the iced green tea boba. I know, a boba place at this type of place? But it was actually pretty good! The green tea with boba was pretty sweet, and the green tea was quite fluffy. The boba was okay: not bad, but I have had better. I was actually debating between getting this drink or a latte with the coffee art that they are famous for; however, I don't like coffee much, and it was already pretty late, so I just went with the iced drink. My boyfriend's green tea latte was okay, but I thought it tasted like Starbuck's green tea frap. It wasn't as sweet as I would have liked it.

We sat outside and were able to talk but at the same time people watch. We watched a couple make-out like no other against the window. That was quite awkward. The people who work here are incredibly friendly and nice as well. I asked them for a to-go cup and a nice waiter brought it over along with a new straw. My boyfriend actually left his phone in the bathroom, but somebody was nice enough to turn it in to the cashier. Thank God for honest people!

Will be back to try their desserts! The cakes and fruit tarts looked amazing, as did the sandwiches that the other people were eating. We were just too full! If only Urth was closer to the SGV. It's a bit pricey, but it is located in a pricey neighborhood. I definitely suggest people try this place at least once. I thought this location of Urth was very cute - a great place to go for a date!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Bailey Ward
    5 May 30, 2014

Cute atmosphere, amazing lattes ( Spanish and honey vanilla), and high quality fresh healthy food! If it wasn't so crowded I'd love to study here! And I wish the prices were more student budget friendly

Recommended for:TrendstersWellnessFoodiesGreen Travelers
  • Urth CaffePro 2014
    Irene Yu
    5 Dec 09, 2013

It was Sunday and most restaurants on Beverly Drive weren't open for lunch; however, when I saw a huge line at Urth Cafe I figured that it must be a happening place for a reason! So I followed my senses and figured that it should be a good spot to check out.

FOOD:
    I ordered the Butternut Squash & Ricotta Pizza, and that was absolutely delightful. Huge chunks of roasted butternut squash and dollops of fresh ricotta made my lunch a decadent. Love Love!!

DRINKS:
    I won't lie I was pretty skeptical about this place as most of the patrons were enjoying an ice cold boba drink. I mean it was a bright sunny day so it's an appropriate beverage given the weather conditions, but to order an asian drink from a non-asian establishment on Beverly Drive just did not scream authentic to me. But alas my throat was screaming for an icy beverage so I decided to take a chance and after careful consideration ordered the Moroccan Mint Green Tea Blended with boba.

To my surprise this drink was really tasty. I don't usually vouch for drinks (especially when the price of a drink here could easily buy an entree at a fast food joint!) but I highly recommend getting a drink here!

Mine was just so refreshing and healthy tasting, but not in a bad way. It had a nice light minty taste to it and the bubbles were soft and chewy. Just the perfect beverage to enjoy on the patio under an umbrella.

SEATING:
    The restaurant experience is a little bit different from what I've accustomed to, but you here's the low down.

1. Wait in line (through their front door) and order your entree or drink
    2. After you pay at the cashier you will get a number
    3. then go to the front of the gate to wait for one of their wait-staff to find a spot for you.

SUMMARY:
    Two thumbs up! Though I wished it was a tad less expensive. But damn... everything was good.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Kevin Cheng
    5 Oct 30, 2013

Their genmicha latte is outrageously tasty. I'm not a big fan of their desserts but it's usually quite rich and decadent.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife Lovers
    Faiza Mokhtar
    3 Jul 08, 2014

All Urth Caffes are really small so you'll spend some time waiting for a table once you order. The food is more the expensive side but it is good. Although the price is totally not justified. If you are into healthy and organic stuff and coffee this place is for you! I would recommend the tostada and the vanilla boba!

Recommended for:FoodiesGreen TravelersLocal CultureVegetarian
    Connie Pistilli
    5 Aug 12, 2013

Urth Caffe is a Los Angeleno fave! It's always bustling but service is super fast and friendly. You'll find an array of delicious salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries on their menu. The curry chicken sandwich is amazing. Sit outside on the patio for some great people watching.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Erin K
    4 Oct 16, 2013

I have been to the Santa Monica branch before but never the BH one, and I really enjoyed my time here on a recent Saturday. Yes, it was busy, but the line does move pretty fast and drinks are brought to you quickly. I had a chai tea latte (my go-to beverage), and while it was on the more spicy side and less sweet, I really enjoyed it. The designs, of course, are pretty too.

I parked in the parking structure less than a block away, and it is free for the first 2 hours - definitely better than street parking!

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudentsTrendsters
  • Urth CaffePro 2014
    Susan Lee
    5 Apr 07, 2013

I always love making a stop at Urth Caffe after dinner to share a pot of tea and a dessert with a friend. Hopefully you can get a table outside and enjoy a breeze. The Ave Maria tea (not on the regular menu) is a fruity tea, which is great with some honey and lemon. I also like the Japanese green tea (this comes in a mug instead of a pot). Both of these teas go great with the Oreo cheesecake or the Black Forest cake.

Bill
    4 Jul 17, 2014

Mid afternoon and it was time for a coffee (or tea). My friend suggested this shop so we made a visit. I immediately zeroed in on the Thai red tea boba. Being a fan of Thai tea in general, this serving was a little different in that it wasn't so sweet; very nice. I got the blended version but would opt for regular next time. Lucky with the timing, no line so we walked in and ordered quickly. Staff was friendly and pleasant. After we got our number assignment, I thought it might be a challenge to find seating, but lucky in that area too. Decent weather made for a wonderful outdoor experience. The many other offerings here would certainly invite a repeat visit.

Recommended for:Trendsters
    Lisa
    5 Jul 08, 2013

Every time I'm in LA, this is my go to spot to meet my friends. Each visit, I'm here about 5 times during a 2 week span. I always order a medium, hot, green tea latte and it comes with a cute latte art. The green tea latte is made of matcha green tea. The hot chai tea latte is also delicious. My favorites desserts are the tiramisu or the chocolate hazelnut. As for food, I order the portabello panini or the bagels and salmon dish. I highly recommend this awesome hang out spot to all my friends.

Melinda Hsieh
    5 Nov 20, 2012

Delicious coffee and tea with pretty designs. Great place to hang out and catch up with friends.

Marcia hunter
    5 Nov 19, 2012

This is the best food ever. They have everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner but whatever you choose it will be tasty. Pricey and relaxing as the ambiance is fantastic................

Steph Chen
    4 Sep 24, 2012

Have been here a couple of times - the Japanese green tea latte is probably my favorite drink here. It's a cozy drink - warm, creamy, a little frothy, and earthy (matcha!).

I prefer the patio seating at this particular location, and I like to come here and sketch the surrounding sometimes.

Billiam Yapp
    3 Sep 21, 2012

pretty crowded and full of hipsters. That being said, I cant really complain about the coffee. The lemonade is pretty decent as well. Check it out if you can stomach the sheer amount of hipsters

cece
    5 Sep 05, 2012

My favorite place to have tea and catch up with old high school friends! Drinks, desserts, and food are all wonderful here! On a nice day, it's great to see outside in their patio area!

Richard P

I like Urth Cafe A LOT. This place is always busy, especially on the weekends. However, I think it is a great place for brunch. They have great coffees, teas and pastries. Every meal I have had here has been delicious. My favorite is the pot roast sandwich. It is delicious with the horseradish sauce. It is also served with a side salad. Yum! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

The service is great. You normally just order your food at the register and have a seat. They bring the food to you once it is ready. When it is really busy they normally have someone there who helps locate a table for you. On my last visit Renato was super helpful. You can tell that he really loved his job. It was absolutely crazy with so many people trying to find tables. But Renato kept a smile on his face and continued to work diligently. He was always joking around and making conversation with the customers. He even showed me a Urth Cafe tattoo he had on his arm. Now that's dedication!

Urth Cafe is a great place to eat and just chit chat with friends or family on the weekends!

Laura S

love Urth because they have a outdoor section (and I brought my bunny here before). The inside is pretty too.

PARKING:
    Street (hard on popular days) or Parking structures

CAFE:
    I love the art when I order my latte. I got the green tea latte and I always get this at Urths... and this was delicious! :D

SERVICE:
    Standard... order and go.

PEOPLE:
    Very LA. I haven't seen a celebrity at this Urth (WeHo has lots). But this one is quaint because it's in Beverly Hills shopping area :D

OVERALL:
    Not bad. :D
    Just very posh

Hatem Chanoufi

Like it

Luke Hornof
    3 Jan 22, 2012

1,933 people visited Urth Caffe

Moderate$$

Monday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Tuesday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Wednesday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Thursday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Friday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Saturday 6:30am - 11:30pm, Sunday 6:30am - 7:00pm

Peninsula Beverly Hills