US Airways

4000 East Sky Harbor Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ

• US Airways
    Chris Fink
    3 Jul 04, 2012

Used to work here as a temp. Overall decent folks, hard workers. Interesting seeing how an airline works from behind the curtain.

• US AirwaysPro 2014
    Eric Brink
    3 Jul 04, 2012

For the last several summers, Gayle, my son and I have made our annual trip to the Heartland. We fly into Des Moines and the combination of convenient flights at a decent price is sometimes limited. Past choices featured United through Denver and Northwest through the Twin Cities. Delta through Salt Lake City is also available, but Gayle doesn't like the air turbulence that sometimes comes with using that airport. This year's winner was US Airways through Phoenix.

US Airways was a 2 Star flying experience flying out and a better 3 Star trip coming back. All 4 flights were on time and the attendants did a good job of making the trip bearable, considering the tight quarters and the cattle car aspects of modern air travel currently practiced by many airlines. Interestingly enough, the original cattle car airline (Southwest) is the one I currently enjoy best for clean airplanes, on time performance, and a service model that has never wavered.

Before arriving at Sky Harbor Airport from Oakland, our connecting gate to Des Moines was announced. This information matched what was printed on our ticket and what was displayed on the TV Monitor. And after the maximum walk from one side of the terminal to the other, we arrived at our gate and settled in. After awhile I got the sense that something wasn't right and asked the gate agent about the flight. She informed me that the gate had changed and that we better "hurry" or we'd miss our flight. When I asked about any previous announcement, she curtly informed me that this was my problem, not US Airways!

Then when we finally got on our plane, the attendant announced that there was a problem with the toilets and that we would have to "self flush" if we needed to use them during our flight. We all thought it was a joke until a few minutes later, we watched the attendant carry several water bottles back to the bathroom. I don't think there was a single trip to the back by anyone on the plane during the entire trip!

84 people visited US Airways