Are these your places? Login to add or edit your reviews.

Did you know? Friends find reviews that are two sentence or more the most helpful.

Annenberg Space-Photography
2000 Avenue of the Stars #1000, Los Angeles, CA
Alice Ly's rating: 5

What an absolutely gorgeous space. I've had this place bookmarked for awhile, and finally got a chance to visit this past weekend when I realized it was the last week for the National Geographic exhibit.

It's a MUST-SEE.

Parking is on Constellation St and when validated on weekend it's only $1!

There was a small line to get into the exhibit but I didn't have to wait too long.

We watched the documentary first, and the production value and message of the video was so moving that I was on the verge of tears the whole time. It was so touching!

The photographs themselves were amazing as they weren't confined in a frame but wallpapered on to the wall in a collage so you can get up close to them.

I can't wait to go back again to visit another exhibit :D

.Added 2 days ago
Added 19 days ago
Style Haircuts
1419 Westminster Ave
Alice Ly's rating: 5

Like the previous review, I also met Lisa at Design Haircuts and followed her to her new shop in Alhambra :)

She takes the time to listen to what you want and always checks with you to make sure you're happy with the cut during the process. She's careful in not trimming too much but I usually tell her to chop off 3 inches since my hair grows fast. :)

My usual cut from her is 3 inches lopped off, thinned and LOTS of layers.

I like a low maintenance cut so my pictures show my hair after washing, half blow/air dry and light hairspray. And that's it. I don't even brush my hair lol.

I have no time for high maintenance hair and Lisa does a great job in delivering what I want.

That's why I drive up to Alhambra from the OC since the cuts are affordable ($10 for my long hair) and I like Lisa's hair cutting :)

My mom is now interested in coming too so next time I'm going to bring my mom for a haircut :D

Thanks, Lisa!!

.Added 19 days ago
Alice Ly's rating: 4

I participated in the Real Escape Game's Escape from Haunted Ship that was held on the Queen Mary in Long Beach this past weekend and based on the name, you'd think it was "scary" but it wasn't.

There are various Real Escape Games, the most popular one being in San Francisco as the Real Escape Room (you can break stuff in that one!!). They're slowly bringing more to Los Angeles and I'm hoping they bring Real Escape ROOM!

These games were brought over from Japan and it's an interactive live puzzle event where teams of 6 or so solve mysteries/clues within a time limit, typically an hour.

If you've ever played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on the PSVita, it's KINNDAA similar to that except you don't die lol.

I didn't really know what to expect but overall I had a great time with my friends trying to solve every single puzzle. We were REALLY CLOSE to solving it all, but due to the time limit, there was NO OTHER TEAM that solved it lol. Cost was around $27 which was a little high in my opinion.

Most of the puzzles were deductive reasoning, logic, and slight trivia but I wished it was even more interactive. That's why I'm hoping the Real Escape ROOM will come down to LA!

.Added 22 days ago
Congregation Ale House
201 East Broadway, Long Beach, CA
Added 22 days ago
Bi-Rite Creamery
3692 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Alice Ly's rating: 4

I was expecting a line to wrap around the block but when we went (around noon on a Sunday) it was only a 10 minute wait! :)

I tried Honey Lavender, Salted Caramel, Roasted Banana, and Earl Grey before I felt bad in holding up the line.

Ended up getting a cup of Roasted Banana and Honey Lavender.

I LOOVE banana ice cream and I liked that this had a smokier flavor. It definitely surpassed the Honey Lavender, so I should've just gotten a full cup of banana :P

The prices are pretty reasonable, but I don't feel it's a MUST-GO if you're an out-of-towner like me. I've tried it once, enjoyed it, and now moving on. However if you're in the area, and there's no line, then it's a great dessert option. Especially since it's so close to the Dolores/Helen Diller park!

Part of Alice Ly's San Francisco Guide
Added 26 days ago
Helen Diller Playground
Church St & Dolores St
Alice Ly's rating: 5

This was such a FUN playground! Yes I'm 30+. Yes I will go on slides.

Especially when the slide is a tall wavy one!

Even though the slide took off skin from my ankle as I ZOOMED down it, it was still fun nonetheless!

Apologies to the kids that we kinda, maybe, sorta cut in front of.

There's also another giant slide, rock climbing, net climbing, swings, ropes, and all are on the rubber material ground.

Bring a picnic, sunblock, and bring out your inner child here! :) Also, walking distance to Bi-Rite Creamery is a PLUS.

Part of Alice Ly's San Francisco Guide
.Added 26 days ago
The Speakeasy
7561 Center Ave. Ste. 37
Alice Ly's rating: 4

Tucked inside the Old World Village, The Speakeasy is a great getaway to relax with craft beer and tapas. It's unpretentious, warm, and overall exudes a good vibe.

The co-owner, Tina, was very accommodating and personally served us. Her recommendations of tapas was spot-on and we enjoyed everything that we ordered! (Which is rare for me)

We got:

- Enoki "Spaghetti" with Eggplant Marinara - $7

This was our favorite. The butteryness and the texture of the enoki acting as spaghetti was lovely. Eggplant tasted fresh even though it had a fried coating. Excellent flavor!

- Bacon Wrapped Dates w/ blue cheese on side - $5

I really like this version of the bacon wrapped dates compared to Lola Gaspar's. The blue cheese is cold and on the side which doesn't overpower the bacon and the dates. You're able to appreciate all the different tastes rather than one melted mess :)

- Bone Marrow Crostini - $10

This was the first time I've had bone marrow, and it was like pate on crostini. (I love pate) The pickled shallots kicked up the "interesting-ness" of the marrow a bit since I love pickled items with savory. It's best to eat this dish fairly quickly instead of letting it sit though, because I felt the crostini got a bit oily after soaking in the marrow for a bit.

- Garlic Bacon Mac & Cheese - $5

Super comforting! I know some reviews said it was a bit watery but I prefer non-thick mac. It's less heavy and again, the taste was rich with the bacon and garlic. It's a good "filler" to have among tapas.

- Filet Mignon Skewers (off-menu) - ??

This was an off-menu item and the filet mignon was super tender. I liked the vinaigrette sauce it came with as it was tangy and balanced the meat flavor really well!

- Prohibition Amber Ale - $6

I got this purely for the name. It's a bit darker than I usually drink but I still enjoyed it all the same since we had wonderful tapas to pair it with.

Kudos to the chef, Ann and co-owner, Tina for such a solid establishment!

Will be back!