Are these your places? Login to add or edit your reviews.

Did you know? Friends find reviews that are two sentence or more the most helpful.

Solvang Brewing Company
Part of Hanae's Los Olivos Guide
Dascomb Cellars
1659 Copenhagen Drive, Solvang, California
Hanae's rating: 4

Anne-Marie and her husband (?) gave us great service even though only 2 of us (out of 4) wine tasted. They understood that some of us were exhausted from wine tasting all day long...plus my asian glow probably gave it away.

We showed up 45 minutes before it closed and were lucky enough to snag 2 couches where it had the "reserved" sign. Both checked up on us often even when the room started to get crowded.

:: WINE ::
I don't know too much about wine but I do remember enjoying their reds. Especially the one with a side of raspberry chocolate.

:: CHEESE ::
We almost got the first one on the list which mentioned "ice-cream-like" texture...but we decided not to get it because we remembered that we had dinner reservation right after this. We did get to sample a few cheese :) The mouse logo is SO CUTE!

PRO:
- they stay open a little longer than the other wine bars in solvang
- gourmet cheese
- great service
- COMFY COUCHES, the ambience reminded me of my favorite hole-in-the-wall wine lounge in Torrance.
- they weren't snobby

Shoestring Winery
800 East Highway 246, Solvang, California
Hanae's rating: 4

Great atmosphere, lots of greens and peaceful place to sit down and have a nice picnic. Unfortunately our time was limited so we didn't get to relax and enjoy the scenery.

The tasting room isn't hard to find. The room is filled with oak barrels and they have chocolate wafers and spicy jam + crackers + cheese samples on a table near the tasting area.

Wine tasting is even more memorable when the staff makes you feel like a guest. Laurie was very social and knowledgable about wine.

The Sangiovese was def the best. It's a wine you will regret not buying because you could only get it from them.

Pros:
- the wine
- very friendly and knowledgable staff
- free samples (chocolate wafers, jalapeno jam, habenero? jam, dove chocolate)
- the few places that makes you feel like you're at a winery in solvang
- parking
- scenic

Cons:
- you don't get to taste the wine from the barrel
- no tours

Location:
If you drive away from solvang village and you pass the ostrichland farm, you have gone too far.

Buttonwood Farm Winery & Vineyard
Part of Hanae's Greater Tokyo Guide
The Escondite
410 Boyd Street, Los Angeles, California
Hanae's rating: 5

Found the perfect place to wind down on a Monday night!!!!

Dim bar, live music after 10pm. Was enjoying every bit of it! Here's what I saw http://instagram.com/p/f…
The band was so soothing. So different from the other live music I've heard else where.

:: FOOD ::
- buffalo mushrooms: this is what convinced me to go here. The buffalo sauce was overwhelming for me. Maybe next time I could ask them if they could be easy on the sauce.
- Captain kangaroo: oooooo! LOVED! cream cheese, hash brown, egg, etc. Got protein style and some salad on the side. Was hard to see what I was eating

:: HH ::
Great HH deal and each day they have a special item on their menu.

:: PARKING::
LOTS OF PARKING in their private lot. Not shady at all!

California City, CA
Hanae checked in to
Oo-Kook
3385 West 8th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90005
Hanae's rating: 5

ot together with some close yelp friends to check out this popular place.

The price is around $25 and it's AYCE kbbq! It's a bit pricey but I promise you that the quality of the meat won't disappoint you. There's variety of meat to choose from and they also serve shrimp, octopus and duck!

SERVICE:Super fast! They did a great job with filling our waters, bringing us meat and lots and lots of sojus. We sat near the serving station so that might have been a factor to our great service... And our drunk friend was pretty good with getting their attention everytime they passed us...

The place gets pretty crowded so we showed up around 6pm. Got sat 15-20min later... Not bad.

Parking: $2 valet or street parking