Are these your places? Login to add or edit your reviews.

Did you know? Friends find reviews that are two sentences or more the most helpful.

Purple Kow
3630 Balboa St, San Francisco, California 94121
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Not sure what else I can write about this place that hasn't already been written.

Long Lines. Good Prices. Large Portions. Yummy Iced Milk and Yummy Fruity Teas. They definitely dont skimp on the boba and custard and jelly.

I wish it could fit better in my cup holder... lol.

Frequent buyer card always convinces me back.

Parking is not too bad, but u most likely have to pay for meter.

The service is SLOWWWWW. thats why the line is super long lol. theres technically not even that many ppl in line. It's just the person that rings u up,also calls out the drinks. so the line moves super super slow. but if that is what it takes to keep it at a low price, i guess I will just have to deal with it.

Oh yeah! Ask for things to be less sweet.. cause its literally a cavity in a 24 ounce cup.... =P

Sushiritto
59 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, California
Judy Wong's rating: 3

Came here for lunch today, because i wanted to eat something refreshing and quick. I grabbed a Santori. I think with tax it was about 12.50?

It's not bad.. it's not the best ever, but the fish tasted the fresh and there were plenty of veggies inside. I wish they put pickled cucumber instead of just regular, it would have gave it a kick.

Definitely tasted healthy though, and i'm stuffed!!! then again, i don't eat a lot... soooo some people might not thing it's very filling.

Service was quick, and friendly, just the way i like it.

I will definitely swing by some other time to give this place another try!!

=]

Truong Thanh Restaurants
680 Barber Ln, Milpitas, CA 95035
Judy Wong's rating: 3

This is the spot we always end up when we're in the SJ/SC area after a long day or night of fun. Mainly because it's opened until 2AM, and their food isn't bad.

Food: I typically either get the banh canh cua or the bun bo hue. I dont really like the pho here. It tastes a little bit weird, and bland. The other two are pretty good. For the banh canh, i wish they gave you a bit more since after all you are paying 11 bucks for it. I would definitely be happier if they gave me just an extra small handful of the udon and some more real crab. Those weird pink cheeto looking crab paste? is not the same as pieces of real crab... If you want the reallllyyy good stuff, My Canh in SF makes it BOMB. anyways, the bun bo hue is good, very flavorful, a bit more spice would make it perfect.

Atmosphere: Typical, there's a good amount of seating. Good for groups, since they are willing to move tables around to get you all seated. Clean.

Service: I think it just depends. Sometimes the servers are nice. Sometimes they're beezies. I came here with a group of friends the past weekend. Alright, I won't lie, one of my friends was acting all crazy. However, my other friend ordered a Bun Thit Nuong. It literally took over 30 minutes to get to the table. When i asked the girl how long will it take, she actually rolled her eyes at me. umm.. Excuse you, EVERYONE else at the table already got their food and were almost done eating except my ONE friend. and you have the audacity to roll YOUR eyes at me. Uh Uh Missy!! take that attitude elsewhere. anyways. i just let it go because i was so exhausted by then to even roll my eyes back at her. lol. The food finally came, a guy delivered it and apologized for the wait... at least he did that much. Our waters were not refilled throughout the entire meal. Awesome..Also, when we wanted to pay, in mid transaction, the lady at the register told my friend uhh come back, and grabbed the phone... very rude. So he came back, just tossed some money on the table and was like, lets get outtaaaa here.

Parking:Depending when you go, but more than often you will be able to find yourself a parking spot.

All in all, I will come back here for some late night food. Hopefully, I won't get that girl server again, cause rolling eyes at your customer is not cool. you can go to the back and talk crap about me. Just dont do it to my face. 8)

Best Taste Restaurant
814 Franklin St, Oakland, CA 94607
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Bomb Claypot with rice!! Esp the spareribs one! Remember to ask to add an egg, it will make it just THAT much better.
I also like their duck. Sure some ppl say its kinda dry, but i like that there isn't chunks and chunks of fat everywhere. I can actually eat the skin without completely drenching my mouth and lips with grease. lol.
Their eggplant claypot is just meh, it's kinda bland. I wish it was more sour and more spicy.
MSG is definitely used here, since when i got home, i drank cups and cups of water....

Prices here are decent. We spent 10 dollars each including tax and tip for 3 dishes between 3 ppl.

I would advise coming right after 6 so you can get free street parking!!

Service here is not bad! The same old Chinese service you would get at every other place =]

Mehfil Indian Cuisine on 2nd Street
28 2nd Street, San Francisco, California
Judy Wong's rating: 2

Came here last week with my friend for lunch. the food is aite.. the service is kinda slow. they do give you a good portion... plenty of carbs lol. Naan AND rice.
the soup that comes with the special is yucky. lol no flavor.

we had the cranberry chicken. It was ok.. definitely not my most favorite thing in the world. I don't know if i will be coming back... =/

Judy Wong's rating: 4

More like... 3.5 stars...

Came here with a friend for lunch.. the wait was long, about 30 minutes for a party of 2. then again, it's expected since its in FiDi at 12PM. Finally got seated, we both ordered the garlic noodle with 5 spice chicken (10.50). Took a while for it to come out....

Pretty generous portions. I didn't love the noodles, but for some reason i couldn't stop eating it. lol. I like my noodles more al-dente and with tons of garlic... this place is more soft with tons of butter... lol... the Chicken was good! the skin as crispy, the meat could use a bit more flavor, I had to keep dunking mine in fish sauce. More veggies would be great too... since it's all carbs and protein...

Service was quick enough. The reason why it takes so long is because of the customers. They're done eating, but still insists on sitting at the table. Check paid. Still sitting. Dishes collected. Still sitting. Table wiped down. Still sitting... i Know the employees are trying to hint for them to leave, but nope. still sitting. sigh... i mean you know there are so much ppl in line... if you're done, move on. Go chat at a coffee house and let us starving people eat!!!

All in all, I will swing by next time to try their curry chicken and pork!! Yummy!! =]

Westfield Valley Fair
2855 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Judy Wong's rating: 2

I dislike this mall.... lol for the following reasons -

1) So many stores, but for me personally, I can never find anything I really like
2) The layout of it is funny, I feel like there is no "path" for me so that I can walk around the entire place and not have to over lap a store. lol. That's just the OCD side of me speaking
3) Hard to find parking
4) Crowdeeddddddddddddddddddddddddd
5) The kiosk guys are rude. Some guy asked me if I use a straightener, and I said not really. he was like why not!??!!? you need to. RUDE. my hair is beautiful, jerk. Don't be mad cause its shiny and not dried out!! a-hole mofo. (yes, my hair is very important to me as you might be able to tell).

All in all, this definitely isn't on my top lists of malls..then again..i dont think there are any top lists, unless you call the internet a mall....=]

Digger's Diner
217 West Winton Avenue, Hayward, CA, United States
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Digger's Diner is definitely my go to place when I'm craving for some good ol greasy American Diner food. lol.

Food: I feel like you can't fail with anything you get here. Curly fries are delish. Their sandwiches are good too. Their breakfast food is BOMB. Too bad they only serve pancakes until 11am =[ Cause their Chocolate chips and their blueberry pancakes are SOOOO GOOOD. and they're huge!! Yummmmmm. lol. I like getting their club sandwich here too... its cheaper than most places. then again.. i like anything with bacon on it.. hehehe.. they have funnel fries that are also very very good... lol. like i said.. i've liked everything i've had here so far.hehe...oh yeah AND GET THE MILKSHAKE. they have hella flavors. also they're huge as well! lol

Prices: pretty cheap, esp for the portion size....

Service: Always friendly and quick!

Parking: there's a little lot, and street parking available! I never had trouble finding a spot.

Denny's and Ihop don't even come close!! AT ALL. EVER. NEVER. EVER. ROAR!

I'll be back!!!! =]

Kamakura Restaurant
77 Battery St # Lbby, San Francisco, CA 94111-5539, United States
Judy Wong's rating: 3

Had lunch here today with my coworker. We got here around 12:40PM, and it wasn't super packed. Got a seat right away.

The server brought over some menus, and waters.

I ordered the Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Special($8.50) with California rolls (+1.50/3 pieces).

That chicken is good!! It's seriously nothing special, but the sauce is just nom noms. lol. I feel like its just teriyaki sauce mixed with sirarchi. lol. whatever, it was bomb... I ate the whollleee thing.

Aside from the chicken, it also came with rice, soup, salad, and a slice of orange. I was stuffed!!! lol. Plenty of food!!! Yums!

My coworker said her grilled mackerel was good... she finished the whole thing too... lol

I think other items are a bit pricier than most. It's definitely not fine dining japanese food either. It's more of a "I'm craving for a bento box" kind of place.

Quick service, Ok prices, large portions, SPICYYYYY CHICKEN!!

I will be back!

Harrah's Lake Tahoe
15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449
Judy Wong's rating: 3

Review is just for the casino.

Pretty typical old school casino. It didnt suck, but it isnt wonderful. Smokey, of course. lol. Didn't here too much "RING RING RING BUZZZZZZ" lol from the slot machines, so maybe its kinda hard to win? =[ then again im not much of a gambler anyways...lol

The place seemed pretty big. We didnt walk around too much. We went in plopped in front of the screen showing the Heats and Pacers play off game. lol.

Perhaps I'll come back when I have some money to gamble with...lol

Part of Judy Wong's Lake Tahoe Guide
Judy Wong's rating: 4

This place serves pretty bomb che. I love #1... minus the basil seeds, and substitute it with the red jelly thingy... I forgot what its called. lol... BF loves the young coconut in the che. lol. I LOVE THE PANDAN JELLY. its so yummy and chewy... delish!!!! lol. I think for one, its 4.75?... i could be wrong lol.

Perfect for a hot day.. or a cold day. hehehe. i like that it's not overwhelmingly sweet.

I haven't tried any of their milk teas or smoothies... but why would I... it's a place for che!!! hahaha.

I will definitely be back if I'm in the area. or if they would just freaking open up the one they are suppose to in oakland! GRRRR. driving to SJ just for dessert is not the business!!! lol.

YUM. PANDAN JELLY. quote me on that. =]

MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Came back this weekend for a bday celebration with just me and my BF =] I know, we're totally cute. So this time, we stayed in the Premium room with the jacuzzi.. hehe. awesome-ness... i love jacuzzis... except... when it gets too hot i feel like I'm gonna die... -.- yeah I'm weird. so what. lol. Quick breakdown.

Check-in - Easy breezy, same as last time. Quick, efficient... Same thing. Said hi My name is Judy W. and the guy said ok Let me see your ID and CC...... here are your keys elevators are up the ramp. follow the signs.. lol. no conversations made. oh wells.

Room - This room was suppeerrrr spacious.. me likey =] I hate crowded rooms where i feel like I can't walk around... and skip... jk, lol. anyways. giant bed. Nice cover, very comfy. I didn't like the pillows tho. They were very uncomfortable... it looks fluffy, then you put your head on it for a couple minutes, and it's flat. No neck support at all... the Hottub was a good size! 2 people can fit in there comfortably... however... i noticed the water had yucky looking substances floating around.... -.-... not sure where it came from. Maybe from the jets? lol, kinda grossed my out... cause im kind of a germaphobe... BF told me to just get over it and deal with it ..... sigh. lol. I guessssss. Another thing is that the water and jets get LOUD. our neighbor next door decided to use their at 7AM... it's not the hotels fault.. but come on... it sounded like it was in our room....oh wells... lol...
The bathroom was nice and big and clean. It had a door this time! lol.
Another thing to note, the room is so nice... I think the hotel needs to invest in better TV's. because the Tube just doesn't fit with the rest of the room....The room is a bit too modern for that... plus the screen is small lol...
so pillows, tv and yucky stuff from the tube. lol

Part of Judy Wong's Lake Tahoe Guide
Japanese Friendship Garden
1300 Senter Road, San Jose, CA 95112-2520
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Such a cute little place to come look at Koi fish and ducks trying to fight each other. lol. BF took me here for a mini picnic and I had a lot of fun... the parking price is kinda steep.. i think it was 10 bucks?! or something close... fortunately this nice lady that was leaving gave us her pass... lol thank goodness cause we were only gonna be there for an hour or so....

the place is pretty clean. not alot of bugs flying about. Lots of benches to sit on. Pay a quarter to feed the ducks and fish... hehe.

a lot of areas to take nice photos! I wish i was here when the cherry blossoms were blooming...

We will come back for another mini picnic!!! =]

Cam Huong Cafe
920 Webster Street, Oakland, CA, United States
Judy Wong's rating: 4

came here last week with my BF. we came right before they were closing so they had plenty of food that they were trying to get rid of... I got that little rice place that comes with pork cake and grilled pork, plus banh cuon for 4.50! definitely steal. BF got the usual, grilled pork sandwich with everything on it...

Service is quick, make sure u know what you want before stepping up to the counter. cause if you don't respond quick enough, they will walk away and help someone else. lol.

Their bbq chicken is so good. lol. it's yummyyyyy. dip it in a little hoisin and sirachi, eat it with the chow mein and fried rice.... mmmmmm. heaven. lol....

Next time ill get the bun bo hue here...... hehhee.

Judy Wong's rating: 4

Definitely a great place to hang out with friends! the food here is prettyyy good.. The prices are decent, some things are kinda expensive for what it is, but if u catch them during tea time, you will find some good deals!

I liked the baked rice dishes here... too bad they dont do half red and white sauce... cause the red is too tangy and the white is too creamy... but i dont want to order Ying Yang fried rice because i want my pork chop... oh first world problems. lol.

The drinks are pretty pricey, esp if you want to order out of their zodiac sign menu...lol, but they are yummy..lol

Most of the desserts are pretty good too :)

The service here really depends on who you get. There is this one guy that is very nice and always makes sure we have tea and water, whereas there is another one that doesnt really care.

It definitely will help if you can speak chinese, but if anything, you can always just point at the menu!

:Also they are opened late!!

My Canh
626 Broadway, San Francisco, CA
Judy Wong's rating: 4

Their bun canh cua is very very tasty! as well as their bo tai chanh! I loveeee itt! I know that its probably pretty easy to make at home, since its not even cooked steak.. lol, but its just too much work...

When you can get bun canh, see if they have the crab that is already de-shelled. because i dont like using my hands to eat.

I am not going to lie tho, this place is definitely a hole in wall where drunk party goers end up at after a night of binge drinking :) not that I was one of them..