Are these your places? Login to add or edit your reviews.

Did you know? Friends find reviews that are two sentences or more the most helpful.

Imperial No. Nine
9 Crosby Street, New York, NY
Sam Talbot's rating: 5

It’s my sustainable seafood restaurant in the Mondrian Soho hotel. Come check out the fish tacos, cauliflower fritters and my line caught stripers from Montauk, brought in fresh everyday.

Marys Fish Camp
246 W 4th St, New York, NY
Sam Talbot's rating: 5

This West Village go-to is where I pull up when I want a lobster roll. I know that lobster rolls have become a hot item, but Mary’s is one of the originals in the city and helped pave the way for the current lobster roll boom. Always reliable and clean. And as someone who loves the outdoors and ocean, Mary’s makes me feel like I’m back in Montauk. It captures that vibe perfectly. And don’t forget to order the fries!

Village Yokocho
8 Stuyvesant Street, New York, NY
Sam Talbot's rating: 5

My other favorite Japanese spot in the city. I come here to feel like I’m transported to Tokyo. It’s loud, bright and staff all wears Japanese headbands. They also have a great selection of sake and know how to make a mean cocktail. Some of the best bartender techniques come from Japan..

Sushi Seki
1143 1st Avenue, New York, NY
Sam Talbot's rating: 5

I’m a fiend for sushi. And seek it out wherever I go. There are so many in NYC, but only a couple make list, Seki is one of them. Best scallop hand roll in the city, hands down. Big and bold flavors which will never disappoint even the most seasoned sushi aficionado. And if you like a variety of different fish—sea bream, arctic char, various yellowtail, Seki is the place for you. Always the most eclectic varieties of fish

Caracas Arepas Bar
93 1/2 E 7th St
Sam Talbot's rating: 5

This East Village haunt is tiny, quaint and always packed with locals. I love Mexican food, but Venezuelan arepas can be even better and here they are. I like the chicken with avocado mashed. It's a budget friendly place, filled with soul. Always a winner in my New York book.