- Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery8761 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg, CA 95448-8110recommended Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & WineryStunning Italian villa. You have to work to get there but it's well worth the trip. Again, go for the library tasting.Steve Saenz
If time permits, go to Preston Vineyards while you're at F-C. Ask for directions. Off the beaten path. Outstanding wines, spend some time under the oak trees...
- Auberge Du Soleil180 Rutherford Hill Rd, Rutherford, CA 94573
- V. Sattui Winery1111 White Lane, St Helena, CA 94574-1551recommended V. Sattui Wineryrecommended V. Sattui WineryThis winery is amazing! Every time I get up to Napa, I have to stop at V. Sattui. The winery has a beautiful picnic area, nice deli to pick up some cheeses and sandwiches, and a big selection of wines ... read moreto sample in their tasting room. If you do their tastings, it costs $5.00 for the Classic Tasting which you can sample 5 of their popular wines, and $10.00 for the Premium Tasting which you can sample 6 of their vintage and estate wines. I've become a fan of their Rieslings and dessert wines, in particular the Madeira. This place is usually packed on the weekends, so come early or be ready to wait, especially during peak hours. But I promise, the wait is well worth it!
- Signorello Estate 4500 Silverado Trail, Napa, CArecommended Signorello EstateThis is by far one of the most beautiful wineries I've been to in Napa. Perfect venue to sit back, enjoy the scenic view, munch on some snacks, and of course wine tasting! It is on the pricier end but ... read moreit is well worth going at least once!
- Ravenswood Winery18701 Gehricke Road, Sonoma, CA 95476-4710recommended Ravenswood WineryMy wine tasting experience at Ravenswood was more friendly and informal than many of the other vineyards I visited. The setting is cosy and picturesque, and the wines themselves are outstanding. This ... read moreshould definitely be a stop on any wine tasting tour in Sonoma.
- Kunde Family Estate9825 Sonoma Highway, Kenwood, CArecommended Kunde Family EstateThis was one of my favorite places for a wine tasting, as everyone here was not only incredibly knowledgeable but also immensely helpful and friendly. The estate is beautiful, definitely worth taking ... read morea walk by the caves, and the wine is magnificent.recommended Kunde Family EstateIn the northern Sonoma Valley, this hillside winery is a class act. You won't need to reserve ahead for a regular tasting, but if you want to impress a date or do something special with a group of ... read morefriends, book a mountaintop tasting on the valley-view deck.
recommended Chateau St. JeanProbably the most beautiful vineyard in the area, with gorgeous gardens and elegant buildings. The wine is also remarkable.
- Zuzu829 Main St, Napa, CA 94559recommended ZuzuLordy....we had WAY too much food when then equated to a very pricey bill. *sadness* BUT all the food was delicious. Ceviche del Dia (10) **Delicious but not a very traditional ceviche taste aka ... read moremissing the strong lime and onion flavors. Whipped Salt Cod (10) Paella del Dia. Per Person (11) Arròs Negra: (28) **Super small serving for 2 people. As delicious as this was, I wouldn't order the paellas again. Flat-Iron Steak (12) Not listed online: Squid stuffed with potato and chorizo Duck confit salad Spaghetti squash with maple dressing Cauliflower salad Lamb chops Everything was so good! Doubled up on some of the dishes and good thing we did. Our party of 7 devoured everything. No pork cheeks that night. Ended up paying $55 per person including 18% tax and gratuity O_OKelly G.
Great way to cover everyone's dining preferences.
- Cuvaison Estate Wines1221 Duhig Road, Napa, CArecommended Cuvaison Estate WinesGreat views. Full height glass windows that are spotless. Napa card got us a free wine tasting for the two of us. Ended up with a pair of souvenir wine glasses! The tasting was a little more formal ... read morethan I would have normally enjoyed, but the lady who helped us was very informative and even pulled out a map to show the layout of their estate.
commented on this trip
Since you have 6 girls total, it might be worth looking into renting a limo for a day? or at least a driver. I've seen Groupons and of the likes and they usually require 6 people minimum! All the gals can have a good time!
- Carpe Diem Wine Bar1001 2nd Street, Napa, CArecommended Carpe Diem Wine BarHappy hour wines and food in the middle of Napa? Yes please!!! The happy hour food selection was top notch high end stuff at reasonable prices. My hubby and I ended up over doing the food just because ... read moreit was all so good! Happy Hour menu items we tried: *Wild mushroom pizza - great white truffle taste *Quack n Cheese - creamy rich goodness *Lamb meatballs *Ostrich burger with egg and pancetta - Not actually on the happy hour menu. Ostrich meat is so tender! egg and pancetta were a bit overkill, especially after all the other food we got. I'd say get both if you aren't eating much else. Came with Parmesean fries. All washed down with their happy hour white and red wines.
- Veterans Memorial ParkMain Street, Napa, California, United Statesrecommended Veterans Memorial ParkPark in downtown Napa and take a walk along the river. There's shops and live music. When I was here, the Art and Wine Festival was going on so that Main Street was closed off to traffic. There was ... read morelive music at the tents at the park, people were drinking wine and eating on the grass. Great place to walk around before or after a meal for some fresh air and beautiful scenery.Kat Sun
Definitely take a walk around downtown and along the river if the weather is nice!
- Mumm NAPA8445 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558-9435recommended Mumm NAPACelebrating something? This is a great place for sparkling wines! They have an outdoor patio and an indoor area with floor to ceiling windows that overlook the winery. My experience was great - the ... read moreview, clean environment, and lovely sparkling wines - except the horrendous service me and my bf got from our server. We were seated inside as requested. Everyhing started out great, but then the guy who served us disappeared for the rest of the time we were there. We requested a bottle of water when he took our order, but we never got it. We left cash in the folder with our check (who hands you a check and provides no service?!) sans the amount listed for the bottle of water. The rest of the servers were milling around, serving their customers! I liked the Cuvée M enough to buy a small bottle at the shop section (it was a cute, small bottle...how could I resist?) and I grabbed a bottle of water. At least they don't over-charge on bottled water like Disneyland!Kat Sun
If you're looking for a place with bubbly wine. We did the tasting with three of their popular bubblies.
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards6320 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558-9747recommended Robert Sinskey VineyardsHad a really great experience here. The tasting area inside was full, so the lady suggested that we go outside. We went out and there was no one there. Someone had just finished and we took a spot. ... read moreThe guy was super nice. We shared a tasting between the 2 of us. $25 for 4 tastings and a bonus tasting of a wine they just released. Includes bar bites. It was a fun experience, making conversation with the wine pourer about the Napa Valley and wines. I can now appreciate a good Pinot Noir thanks to this winery. They just released a 2011 Pinot Gris. The pinot grapes used are from the Los Carneros area. I would want to come back again to taste more reds :)Kat Sun
Cute winery that has a koi pond in front. If the inside table area is full, they'll direct you outside where there's more space for wine tasting. They're knowledgeable and will take the time to explain things + talk to you :)
- Morimoto610 Main Street Napa, CA 94559recommended MorimotoMy first Iron Chef restaurant! I made reservations the week before, so we were only able to get a 5:30pm reservation or 9pm. We decided we would just end our wine tasting early and eat early. We were ... read morewalking along the Napa River behind the restaurant and saw the kitchen staff come out to the back patio for a pep talk/meeting. It was neat seeing this and they did a cheer at the end! We got seated in the back area. Beautiful interior decor that was minimal, simple, clean. It's neat seeing the kitchen area...and as our waiter was walking me to the restroom area, Morimoto had just arrived! Cool!!!! Toro tartare - left me wanting more. Our waiter explained how to eat it using the paddle to scoop some toro, dipping in soy sauce, then choosing a condiment to eat the bite with. Nori paste, wasabi, guacamole, puffed crackers, chive, sour cream. So good! Morimoto pork chop with apple/ginger sauce and kimchi. Big piece of meat...I was surprised. I'm not a big kimchi eater, but this kimchi went well with the pork; the sauce was great too! My bf got the duck duck goose. Wow, the duck confit was delish! Duck breast, soup, and fried rice with sunny side egg was yummy! I had a lovely experience here and can't wait for the next opportunity to come back again to try something else!Kat Sun
Definitely worth the splurge if all of your girls are up for it! Make sure to make a reservation early since the time slots fill up quickly!
- Bouchon Bakery6528 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599recommended Bouchon BakeryWow. This place was recommended to me on Gogobot, and when we saw the line out front in the morning we almost skipped it. Good thing we didn't. This place has phenomenal stuff. The chocolate-almond ... read morecroissants were so decadent my mouth is watering just thinking about it - they probably weighed a quarter pound each. We got monkey bread for the kids that was great, and packed off with a couple of sandwiches and macaroons for the afternoon. If you are waiting in the long line, there is a secret express coffee-only line in the back where you can grab a coffee to enjoy while you wait.