Velas Vallarta Suite Resort

Av. Costera S/N, LH2, Fracc. Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico

• Velas Vallarta Suite Resort
    Pamela Fuller
    5 Oct 09, 2012

Jan 6-13. 2012 Velas Vallarta PV….

Been Missing you Velas, Happy to be Back. Today we moved over from Casa Velas to Velas Vallarta in a one bedroom Villa plus…I have described the rooms in my other reviews so will not do that again. They are essentially the same and have everything you need in the room with the most comfortable beds in Mexico. ( you can check my other reviews for more specifics on rooms). Lot of closet space as well. Bathroom is stocked with soap, crème, towels, facecloths, shampoo , & tissues. It is a full bathroom with tub. The safe is on the smaller side in closet so could fit an Ipad but not a laptop. I like having the full refrigerator in the room for cold drinks etc. I really like the rooms here. Our check in went quickly and smooth. The belllboys were originally not so friendly but after a few jokes they were fine, maybe their thoughts were elsewhere, or maybe they were not looking forward to my caravan full of luggage and all heavy LOL.
    We were told about the new change to internet and no where in resort is free, they do have a few computers for use in customer service area off of lobby but fee. This is the only thing that has not pleased me. We had previously arranged to do the update meeting so I am getting a massage, mani and pedi. There are a few changes on the lunch menu for Andrea, one of them thrilled me a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, had that a few times and was really good. Not something widely available in Mexico.

On Sat Jan 7th we went to the Timeshare update meeting, we have 3 contracts with Velas. They have a new program they are offering which involves the AI and MF etc. and could be a good deal for some , maybe even us except funds too tight right now. So we passed. WE did some roaming around today afterwards in the car. We went out to NV to Home Depot got some errands done and we also went to Gallerias mall which I was very impressed with. Tons of eateries and such, along with some fine stores. It can be fun to compare malls in other areas to Guadalajara especially in PV where there is so much less traffic. We had a snack/lunch at mall. Then later we dined at Andrea Restaurant. The food was great. Our waiters Jesus and Oscar were great as well. Enjoyable dinner except one thing, there is live music in Andrea and it is a tad loud for fine dining so would prefer it toned down a bit, the songs were perfect just the volume for dining a bit high.

On Sun Jan 8th we went to the Malecon after a room service breakfast. I had already seen the New Malecon but hubby had not and boy was he impressed. The renovations are incredible. We walked everywhere along the Malecon and also the South side even gong to Plaza Romy to see if Mango Café was open to see our friend who works there. Closed . We noted they have double seater bikes and also fun carriages along the Malecon and so we enquired. You can rent for a half hour free the bikes and carriages with an ID like passport, then I believe 50 pesos charge after the half hour. What a great deal. WE took some fun pictures with the statues and also with the live men posing like the Sand man..etc. The sandcastles are of course incredible and such a wonder. WE stayed many hours, stopping here and there for a drink etc…it was neither crowded nor not crowded. We parked before the Malecon on street and our car was just fine when we returned. As usual we felt more than safe at all times day and night in PV.

Mon Jan 9, 2012 Today we hung by the pool, sunned, ate, drank and so forth. Lazy day. We did find the pool wait service was very slow today, we had Gilberto, but we just got whomever we could as it seemed we had a hard time getting a drink etc. We walked the beach some, met some friends, made some new friends. We spent some time talking to our favorite vendors Miguel, Luis, Raphael and Mimi. We dined at Andrea and it was French Night. Excellent food, I had Duck. The waiter Julio was very good , right on top of things. After dinner we went to the Mime show, which has not changed, nor have the Mariachis. LOL. Eric the lobby bar waiter had such a good personality, good sense of humor, and just so nice. We enjoyed having him wait on us and having a little conversation.

The rest of the week Tuesday thru Friday Jan 10-13, we kicked back and did whatever. We walked the Marina area, day and night, walked the beach, sunned, lounged by pool, rested in room, just pretty much whatever. We went out for a few rides, went browsing at some stores and such. Always feeling very safe. We attended most of the shows at Velas though we have seen many times. For some reason we had not seen or did not recall the Circus show so that was fun and different. We alternated dining at La Ribera and Andrea. La Ribera was also good, more casual atmosphere but overlooking the beach. The Surf and Turf there was very good. Santiago and Raul our waiters there were excellent as was Oscar in Andrea and Andrea the hostess. We took part in the Casino Night which is our favorite entertainment at Velas. Tanya was our favorite dealer at the BlackJack table and we had such fun with her.
    I had my manicure, pedicure and they were great and lasted a very long time, which is one of the things I have noted with Manicure/pedicures at Velas. I also had a 25 min. back massage which was good, but not as good as Casa Velas.

Oh we did not attend the Mexican Fiesta, but have attended in past and it is quite good and is 420 pesos per person if not on All Inclusive. One night we went to a friends home fro dinner and what an awesome meal and time we had, very laid back but oh such fun. It is nice to have friends in the area to visit and chat with for sure.

We had a lot of breakfast room service and also some lunches and snacks, service was always very timely. Set up on table or balcony as we requested. We had Enrique a lot for room service and he was just such fun and so personable. Most nights we spent in the lobby at the shows or walking about in the Marina. Luis Hernandez in the lobby bar who has just become manager after 5 years with Velas in March was just excellent. Eric also in lobby bar was great. We look forward to seeing them again on our next trip back Feb 18th.

So another week at Velas and another enjoyable time was had. The property continues to be well maintained and the service good as always. The food, drinks, room service, maids and stocking of refrigerator just fine. The beds like all Velas resorts, great linens, most comfortable mattresses I have slept on in Mexico including the one at my home. I really need to buy one, just like what they have. I think I may ask where they get them next visit. We did not utilize turn down service but have before and it is a nice touch. So all was good and I would continue to recommend Velas Vallarta as a very good All Inclusive family resort. It is great for young to old. We will be going back again in February for another week. So the only negative I can find is the change in the All Inclusive rates and charges, and no free Wifi in lobby or anywhere on site, otherwise great resort, rooms, and food. You can check out my other reviews for more particulars as most has stayed the same and all is in good condition.

• Velas Vallarta Suite Resort