Going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- PipisGuadalupe Sanchez 807, 5 de Diciembre, JAL 48350 Mexicorecommended PipisI've been to Puerto Vallarta a few times, and every time I visit I make sure I eat at Pipi's Restaurant. It was recommended to me by the locals and I simply can't stay away! The food and drinks are ... read moredelicious (I get the shrimp burrito and mango margarita) and generously portioned. Seriously, I think the margarita glasses were made out of soup bowls. They're gigantic. This place has a fun atmosphere and is family-friendly, too.Recommended for:Family Travelers.Comment.about 2 years ago. ReportChristy Bruegger
I hope this helps!
- Eco RideMiramar 382recommended Eco RideTaking a mountain bike or surfing tour with this operation is another fun way to explore PV and around. Eco Ride offer tours for beginners and experts (and everyone inbetween) and take people to the ... read moremountains, through small towns, or the beach (or all three).
recommended Bahia de BanderasBahia de Banderas is the tranquil bay that Puerto Vallarta sits on. Underwater, it's a whole other place--teeming with animal and plant life. The best way to really see it is on an organized tour with ... read moreone of the dive shops, or tour operators, in town. A recommended outfit is vallarta-adventures.com--they do a little bit of everything outdoorsy.
- Puerto Vallarta Botanical GardensCarretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 24, Amapas, JAL 48399 Mexicorecommended Puerto Vallarta Botanical GardensSet in the Sierra Madre mountains, this research center/nature park is a great change of pace from the beach. It's located about 12 miles south of PV and has a huge range of plants--from orchids to ... read morewild palms. It can get hot and buggy though so remember to bring bug repellant, a hat, and your bathing suit (there's a river for swimming/cooling off).
recommended SayulitaGorgeous little town an hour or so north of Puerto Vallarta. Easy to get to given the airports in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta, but with its dirt roads (at least as of 2001), you'll feel as far as ... read morepossible from the tourist scene. We rented a great, open-air house facing the ocean, and walked along the beach to get fish quesadillas every day. A little slice of heaven.Recommended for:
- Iberostar Paraiso LindoCarrt Chetumal - Pto Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso 77710, Mexicorecommended Iberostar Paraiso LindoJust a short shuttle ride from the Cancun airport, the Iberostar Paraiso Maya is an all-inclusive resort with amenities for everyone. The beaches are gorgeous, especially the snorkeling, and the wide ... read morevariety of restaurants feature dining options ranging from French to Japanese. The spa features a stone covered wading walkway and hot and cold soaking pools, and the nightclub dancing is loads of fun.Recommended for:Meg Brooker
Not sure if you are interested in the all-inclusive resort, but the Iberostar is definitely family-friendly with lots of kids activities that even allow the adults time to play too.
- ArcosHighway 200 Sur Km 12, Puerto Vallarta Centro, JAL 48300 Mexico
- Cathedral of Our Lady of GuadalupeCalle Hidalgo, Calvario, JAL 48290 Mexico