Villa La Estancia
Member Reviews (2)
- Villa La EstanciaMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 6Aug 08, 2013
I'm torn about this place. Lots of positives and lots of negatives.
Location is great. Pretty close to downtown, and at $2/pp and 10 people van-taxi's, we all fit and can get there easily at $20 a pop.
Pool area is nice and not super crowded when we were there.
View is wonderful.
Rooms are nice.
We bought the "all inclusive" package, which turned out to be not really all inclusive. No kobe, no lobster, no oysters, no foreign wine/champagne... none of that really bothered me, but the worst is -- NOTHING is available after 10:30. No drinks, no bar, no food. There's a 24 hour room service but after 10:30 it isn't included in the "all inclusive"
The servers are not really all that friendly. We asked if we can order one more drink to walk back to the rooms with -- "no, we are closed", "no, you can't take this out of the restaurant". May have been a language barrier but still.
Dinner options are limited, and they seemed overwhelmed with our group of 10 as our fancy dinner took more than 4 hours one night.
I probably won't stay there again. At least not on the all inclusive package.
Excellent!256 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 92%.
- Location92% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 91%.
- Hotel Building83% said the facilities were very new.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 80%.