Villa La Estancia
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Villa La EstanciaMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 6Aug 08, 2013
I'm torn about this place. Lots of positives and lots of negatives.
Location is great. Pretty close to downtown, and at $2/pp and 10 people van-taxi's, we all fit and can get there easily at $20 a pop.
Pool area is nice and not super crowded when we were there.
View is wonderful.
Rooms are nice.
We bought the "all inclusive" package, which turned out to be not really all inclusive. No kobe, no lobster, no oysters, no foreign wine/champagne... none of that really bothered me, but the worst is -- NOTHING is available after 10:30. No drinks, no bar, no food. There's a 24 hour room service but after 10:30 it isn't included in the "all inclusive"
The servers are not really all that friendly. We asked if we can order one more drink to walk back to the rooms with -- "no, we are closed", "no, you can't take this out of the restaurant". May have been a language barrier but still.
Dinner options are limited, and they seemed overwhelmed with our group of 10 as our fancy dinner took more than 4 hours one night.
I probably won't stay there again. At least not on the all inclusive package.
Excellent!270 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Location93% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Wellness Areatop-notch fitness area, thought 93%.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Hotel Building89% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Ambiance78% were fond of the entertainment options.
- GroundsNice grounds.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool