Member Reviews (1)
- Villa TorloniaFirst to ReviewJun 09, 2013
The main building, Casino Nobili or Palace was once the home of Benito Mussolini and family from 1925 to 1943 and contains much of Mussolini's furniture and artifacts. On the Villa's grounds and park is the Cabina delle Civette once the home of Prince Torlonia who lived there alone with his servants. It is now a museum of stained glass. the 20 rooms are characterized by painted walls, stucco work, mosaics and carved panels. Another building on the grounds is the Casino de Principi which exhibits a collection of Italian art from the 1920' to the 1940's called Archivio della Scuola Romana.