- Little BeachWailea-Makena, Hawaii 96753recommended Little BeachLittle Beach is just a short hike up the hill from Big Beach, it was packed, full of hippies, weirdos, druggies, nudies, etc. They were playing drums, playing in the water, dogs running around, hula ... read morehooping, dancing, getting high, it was like they were stuck in the 60′s. Soo much stuff going on, a lot of us were having a hard time trying not to look at guy’s crotch, LOL. We just sat there and tried to absorb all the chaos and action going on. The sun was setting and more photo ops again.Yen Phan
full of hippies, naked people, fire dancing, naked hula hooping, and just people watching.
- Black RockKaanapali Beach (West Maui), Lahaina HI 96761recommended Black RockGot to have a leap of faith! And some swimming skills to go with! Black Rock is a great beach to snorkel, swim, dive, jump of a cliff, and lounge around.Yen Phan
if you are daring and have guts to jump off the rock into the ocean, go for it!recommended Black RockGreat beach for catching some rays, snorkeling and the best part - cliff diving! For a thrill, climb up Black Rock if you dare (well, it's scary climbing up and standing on the edge of the 30+ ft ... read morerock, but so fun jumping off) and make a big splash into the ocean. Park at Whaler's Village and get 3 hours free with validation at participating shops/restaurants.Connie Pistilli
Let's do this!!
- Waianapanapa State ParkWai'anapanapa State Parkrecommended Waianapanapa State ParkBeach, caves, black sand, rocks to climb on, this park has it all! My first time jumping inside a fresh water cave was scary and thrilling. Another first is walking on black sand, it was rocky but so ... read moresmooth. Years of mother nature's work transformed the lava rocks into smooth pebbles and grains. A fun road trip to take the family on to The Road to Hana, and definitely make a stop at this park!Yen Phan
black sand beach and rocks are a natural wonder!
- Hana HighwayHI-360 on Maui’s northeastern shoreline to Hana, Hawaiirecommended Hana HighwayGet lost in paradise as you take the drive along Road to Hana. Grab some snacks, water, towel, sunscreen, a hat, and camera, and go. Along the windy narrow roads, you'll see plenty of waterfalls along ... read morethe way. Go slow, be courteous, signal, and pull over when you want those waterfall or coastal pictures. Don't miss the Waianapanapa State Park (Black Sand Beach and fresh water cave) and the Oheo Gulch (7 Seven Sacred Pools).
- Lahaina Ice Cream Parlour693 Front Street, Lahaina, HIrecommended Lahaina Ice Cream ParlourMmm, I love desserts! Ice cream is a great way to cool down from the warm Maui temps. Lahaina Ice Cream Parlour serves locally made Lappert's ice cream from Kauai, flavors like Kona coffee, mango, mac ... read morenut, coconut, and more.Yen Phan
locally made and local flavored ice cream. anything sweet is great to eat in my books :)
- Mama's Fish House799 Poho Pl, Paia, HI 96779recommended Mama's Fish Housebeautiful, old tiki feel, situated right next to the beach, open air restaurant. the service was great and the food was delicious, detailed in presentation, flavors were bold and just right. prices ... read moreare on the high side, but it's a definite must-eat place if you are enjoying your vacation on Maui.Yen Phan
mmm, the food is fresh, local, and worthy of the price!recommended Mama's Fish HouseMama’s Fish House is Hawaiian fine dining at its best! The location is idyllic right on the north shore of Maui. Although we didn’t have reservations, we were able to walk in and get seats at the bar, ... read morewhich is actually a preferred choice of seating for me, especially when with a friend. Mark and Kevin were some of the friendliest bartenders I encountered, and it was much more lively because we got a chance to chat with our neighbors. Expect to pay $$$$, but it’s well worth it. The fish is all caught that morning, and their dishes are incredibly well prepared and delicious. I absolutely loved the opakapaka fish in panang curry and their signature dish, the mac nut crusted mahi mahi stuffed with lobster. Mai Tais were a hefty $16 – good but not the best mai tais on the island. Service is top notch! A beautiful place to celebrate a special occasion.Connie Pistilli
- Maui Mountain Riders Haleakala15 South Wakea Avenue, Kahului, HIrecommended Maui Mountain Riders HaleakalaMy excitement of seeing the sunrise and biking down Haleakala was thanks to the tour services at Mountain Riders. Tom and Julio were da bomb tour guides and locals. Pickup was 2:45am at my hotel. Tom ... read morewas super nice and friendly, answering my random Maui things to do and eat questions. There were muffins and hot coffee waiting at their office. A little video was being shown to introduce the safety and things to know and what to expect. They also provided windbreaker suit, gloves, bikes, and a lot of humor. Their knowledge and experience conducting the bike tours as well as talking about Maui and Hawaii were great, I learned a bit more every time listening to different tour guides, and they knew their stuff. My whole experience was memorable and it also helps to have great tour guides to show me the way. I highly recommend Mountain Riders for your Sunrise and Biking down Haleakala experience. Check their website for online deals and Hawaii residents mention that and you'll get discounts as well!Yen Phan
Seeing the sunrise above the clouds is one of the most amazing things. Be sure to bring lots of layers of clothes cause it's freezing cold in the high elevation.
- Alan Wong's Amasia @ Grand Wailea3850 Wailea Alanui Driverecommended Alan Wong's Amasia @ Grand WaileaI love the Alan Wong's restaurant on O'ahu (so does Pres Obama), it's one of the best in fine dining on the island. His notable mentions: James Beard award winner for Best Chef in Pacific Northwest, ... read moreand founding member of Hawaii Regional Cuisine. Updated review: amazing 5-course pre-fixe meal. I especially loved the pineapple shave ice dessert at the end, OMG! Service was excellent, staff was really attentive. Even the restaurant manager came by and said hello and introduced himself. Highly recommend for any occasion.Yen Phan
I hadn't tried but I know Alan Wong's restaurant and food is excellent!
- DT Fleming Beach ParkLower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, Maui, HIrecommended DT Fleming Beach ParkNice beach located next to the Ritz-Carlton. Waves are perfect for body surfing. After a day on the beach, walk up to The Beach House Bar & Grill which overlooks the beach for some drinks. Pricey, but ... read moreit's the Ritz.Connie Pistilli
We'll definitely be spending some time here!
- Aloha Mixed Plate1285 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Aloha Mixed PlateBest cheap eats in Lahaina! Head over for happy hour and get $3 mai tais and $1.75 draft beers. Mini mixed plates are around $4 and large plates are around $7. The mahi mahi and shoyu chicken are ... read moredelicious. Don't forget to try their famous coconut prawns. Great outdoor eating area. No alcoholic beverages on the lanai next to the water though.Connie Pistilli
Ruggy and I loved getting our mixed plates here!recommended Aloha Mixed PlateThis was our go-to place during our week in Maui. We must have stopped here for at least three meals during the week. They have everything from loco moco (pulled pork) to Korean short ribs to coconut ... read morebattered prawns. Everything was good. I would highly recommend the french fries with furikaki (Japanese seaweed seasoning), the coconut battered prawns, and the pineapple bread pudding (it's more like a fruit cake texture rather than what we know as bread pudding). All entrees come with two scoops of rice and their signature macaroni salad. Each dish is served on a paper plate and they give you plastic utensils, so it's a really chill place where you can sit outside and enjoy the sun and breeze. The staff is very friendly and patient. They're always willing to give good recommendations to the tourists. However, this is also a favorite stop for the locals, from what I hear.
- Big BeachSouth Makena Road, Kihei, HI 96753recommended Big BeachBig Beach, aka Makena State Park, is indeed a really big beach on the south side. The sun is extremely intense here, so be prepared. There are big breaks in the water, so instead of snorkel gear, ... read morebring a body board or go body surfing. On the far east end is Little Beach, where you’ll find little to no clothing on beach goers.Connie Pistilli
This beach is huuuuuuuuge!!
- Gazebo Restaurant5315 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, HIrecommended Gazebo RestaurantThe Gazebo in Napili offers some of the best and cheapest breakfast in Maui! In fact, it’s so popular that a line starts forming as early as 7:30am, and a wait can last for up to an hour. To avoid the ... read morewait, I’d suggest calling in your order for pick up and eating your food right outside where you’ll be even closer to the ocean view. Food is ready in just 10 minutes and the setting is, in my opinion, even better than dining inside the gazebo! You must get an order of their mac nut pancakes with coconut syrup and a half order of their Portugese sausage and bacon fried rice. Plenty of food to share!Connie Pistilli
Call in your order and pick it up. Eat it at the resort pool where it's located. Their mac nut pancakes and fried rice with Portugese sausage is so yummmmm!
- Roy's Kaanapali 2290 Kaanapali Pkwy Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Roy's KaanapaliRoy's recently moved out of their Kahana location and into a much nicer and larger spot near the golf course in Kaanapali. Service here is amazing! I love to dine at the bar and chat it up with their ... read morefriendly bartenders. Food is delicious, and you really can't go wrong with anything. Their misoyaki butterfish and molten chocolate cake are always my must orders. For drinks, get their caipirinha and lychee sangria.Connie Pistilli
This is actually now in Kaanapali, right by your hotel. Omar's brother is a server here, so we'll all have to do dinner here when he's working!
- Nakalele BlowholePohelua Bay, United Statesrecommended Nakalele BlowholeWhat a beautiful natural sight! Nakalele Blowhole is a bit hidden, and you'll have to hike through rocky, unmarked trails to get to it. The "Acid War Zone" trail is near Mile Marker #38 where a gravel ... read moreparking lot is located. It'll take about 30 minutes to hike over to the blowhole. The second trail to the blowhole is located half a mile past Mile Marker #38 and is marked by a dirt pullout along the side of the road. From this area you can see the blowhole without doing the hike. I'd recommend doing the hike though - it's definitely worth it!Connie Pistilli
This is a must visit!
- Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali2435 Kaanapali Pky, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Hula Grill - Kaanapali2435 Kaanapali Pky, Bldg P, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Hula Grill - KaanapaliThe BEST mai tais in Maui can be found here. $9 for mai tais with freshly squeezed fruit. Most places use a mix, but this is the real deal. Come for happy hour from 3-5pm and get $2 off mai tais. ... read moreTheir crab and mac nut wontons are delicious if you're craving a small bite. Nice lanai seating with a view of the ocean.Connie Pistilli
Same as Duke's in Waikiki. You guys will probably come here a lot - it's right by your hotel.
- Kimo's Restaurant845 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Kimo's RestaurantFun waterfront restaurant in Lahaina to grab food and drinks. Soak in the sun or enjoy live music in the evenings on the lanai. Mai tais are great, as are their lava flows. Save room for dessert and ... read morehave one of their famous hula pies. Part of the same group as Duke's in Waikiki, so expect a similar experience.Connie Pistilli
Fun spot for mai tais in Lahaina - same restaurant group as Duke's and Hula Grill.
- Ululani's Shave Ice819 Front Street, Lahaina, HIrecommended Ululani's Shave IceYummy Hawaiian shave ice in Old Lahaina! So powdery soft. Portions are huge, so share if you can't stomach a whole one to yourself. Tons of flavors to choose from. If you're a fan of coconut, get ... read moretheir most popular combo: Haleakala with haupia ice cream.Connie Pistilli
Super yum shaved ice! There are two locations in Lahaina, go to the one by Lawrence Galleries - there's seating out in the courtyard.
- Local Food222 Papalaua Street, Lahaina, HI 96761, United Statesrecommended Local FoodThe best kalua pork and cabbage I have ever had in Hawaii comes from this little take out window in Anchor Square in Lahaina. The super sweet Filipina mom cooks to order, it's truly like a home cooked ... read moremeal. The spam musubi is $1.50 a piece and is so yummy. There's also shave ice if you need a refreshing dessert afterward. Cash only!Connie Pistilli
You and Erik will loooooove their kalua pork and cabbage lunch plate! Their spam musubi is bomb too!
- Pineapple Grill at Kapalua200 Kapalua Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Pineapple Grill at KapaluaThursday Industry Nights is the best time to go to Pineapple Grill! From 5:30-close, they offer 50% off pupus and drink specials at the bar. The pork and mushroom spring rolls are super yummy and only ... read more$5 during happy hour! And since it's called Pineapple Grill, I had to get a few items with pineapple in them. I loved their pineapple mojito, and their pineapple upside down cake was absolutely divine. Located at Kapalua Resort, you'll get awesome views of the sprawling golf course from both the lanai and main dining room area. You can also see the ocean, but I missed the sunset.Connie Pistilli
We have to go here Thursday night!recommended Pineapple Grill at KapaluaThe seared ahi was incredible, with the pistachio crust on the outside. The macademia crusted mahi mahi on top of rice was also amazing. However, the best dish was the upside down pineapple cake with ... read moremassive macademia nut ice cream on top. YUM! The service was good. The restaurant is a little difficult to find though, as you have to curve through small streets past a country club.
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar600 Office Road, Lahaina, HI, United Statesrecommended Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMy favorite sushi restaurant in Maui. Happy half hour from 5:30-6pm (25% off food) and late night happy hour on Thursdays and Fridays from 10pm-close (50% off sushi and appetizers, drink specials and ... read morefree karaoke!). Sansei style ahi poke with Maui onions is a must, along with their miso butterfish and panko crusted ahi roll. Get there by 5:15pm to queue up!Connie Pistilli
We have to go here for happy hour and karaoke. Omar and Erik will be fighting over the mic!recommended Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarI'm more of a sushi purist, and not such a fan of fusion sushi. But this place rocks: super-creative hot and cold appetizers, sushi rolls, and seafood entrees. Make sure you get in line before the ... read moredoors open if you want a chance at grabbing the early-bird specials, when some food and drinks are usually discounted 50% during the 30-minute-long happy hour.Sara Benson
Just note it's north of Lahaina, in Kapalua (despite what the Gogobot database address says). Great stop for foodies!
- Koiso Sushi Bar2395 S Kihei Rd, #113, Kihei, HI 96753recommended Koiso Sushi BarIt's a little surreal when we came here -- TWICE-- on our honeymoon. The first time the place was pretty packed but the second time we got the chef all to ourselves. The fish is great and the chef is ... read morefriendly -- and a big Diana Krall fan, apparently. Would definitely return to eat with Chef Kudo.Kevin Cheng
This is a traditional sushi place - a bit of a drive away - in Kehei. It was well worth the drive as it was one of the best sushi places I've been to anywhere.
- Fish Market Maui The3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, HI
- Haleakala Bike Company810 Haiku Road #120, Haiku, HI 96708recommended Haleakala Bike CompanyAlthough you have to wake up at 1:30AM (if you ever went to sleep...) to make it to the bike store by 3AM, this is an amazing experience in Maui. The bike shop prepares a bike, helmet, backpack, ... read morewaterproof jacket and pants, and gloves if you can get some before they run out. Then they bus you all the way up to the inactive crater of Haleakala so that you can see the sunrise over the crater. The view is so worth giving sleep up for. After sunrise, they bus you down about half way down and let you loose with your bikes. Unlike other bike tours that require you to stay in a group, this one gives you a map and directions with a phone number in case you get lost and let you take your time getting back to the bike shop. You can stop at a number of restaurants recommended by the bike shop on your way back or even stop to enjoy the smells of a lavender field. This is a great thing to do in Maui. Riding down a volcano at 25-30 mph is so exhilarating!
- Whole Foods Market70 Kaahumanu Avenue #b, Kahului, HIrecommended Whole Foods Marketthis whole foods is something especially worth a visit. i feel that maui has the best produce and seafood, and i guess a lot of that view has to do with how i visited this whole foods multiple times ... read moreduring my stay. just look at all the different kinds of yams! get some poke and some bbqed meats too. you don't need to dine out too much while visiting maui; just get lots of good stuff from whole foods and cook. it's great!Beno Hwang
lots of good produce that you won't find on the mainland!
- Haleakala National Park (Kula)Haleakalā National Park, Kula, Hawaii 96790recommended Haleakala National Park (Kula)Mountain bike down this volcano...this is THE 'can't miss' event of the entire island of Maui. Be sure to get as high up as possible, preferably over 10,000 feet. Also, avoid the vengeance of the ... read moregoddess Pele by leaving all the rocks where they lay on the way down.Margaret Seelie
Hey Viv, if you're up for some exercise after some great eats head here!
- Lahaina Grill127 Lahainaluna Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Lahaina GrillThis may not be the cheapest place on the island, but well worth it! The Lahaina Grill boasts the best contemporary dining in Maui. The walls are papered with works as vibrant as the food from Maui's ... read morepremier colorist, Jan Kasprzycki. The innovative menu and delicious ambiance are the ingredients for a night to remember.
- Kapalua Bay BeachKapalua Bay Beach, Kapalua, HI 96761, USArecommended Kapalua Bay BeachMy favorite beach on the West Maui Coast. It's blissfully less crowded than most, even though it fronts a high-end resort. Much calmer waters for swimming than nearby D.T. Fleming Beach Park, but the ... read moresame beautiful sunsets. The coastal hiking path is a great place to get some exercise, or you can make your own path out to the Dragon's Teeth rock formations at the end of the point.
- Mala Ocean Tavern1307 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Mala Ocean TavernYou'd never expect such gourmet food from this hidden seaside dive (well, from the outside, but inside it's surprisingly glam), but it's hands-down one of the best dinners I've ever had on the island. ... read moreIn fact, I'd rather come back here than go back to the more famous Mama's Fish House in Paia. Mala's menu is creative, and the drinks strong. What more do you need? Be sure to make reservations in advance, or be prepared to wait. It's worth it, though, since it's way better value than more touristy restaurants on Front St downtown.
- Kaanapali BeachKaanapali Parkway, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa200 Nohea Kai Drive, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa2605 Kaanapali Parkway, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Westin Maui Resort & Spa2365 Ka'anapali Parkway, Lahaina, HI 96761