Volcano Winery

35 Pi'i Mauna Drive, Volcano, HI 96785

137 people visited Volcano Winery

Brandi N
    3 Oct 11, 2013

It's the only winery on the island. Although, Hawaii climate isn't ideal for wine, they do a good job and they offer tastings. It's one of those hawaiian sites that's really not close to anything other than the Volcanoes National Park, so it's not worth the drive just to go there, but I suppose they get most of their business from people going to the park and looking for something else to do in the area.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesGreen TravelersVegetarian
    Sherri A
    5 Jul 22, 2013

This is a fun place to visit. I heard that they no longer have FREE wine tasting. I am not much of a wine person, but have a couple of wines that I like. They will package and ship for you.

Joanie L
    4 Jun 20, 2013

The only winery on the Big Island, this one offers tasting of special blends of local berries and even macadamia nut wine!

ualfadawn

The wines are so different and the flavors are wonderful. Very small and quaint. Just an enjoyable place to stop after coming out of the park

Nam Nguyen

Even as a self proclaimed Wine-O from Northern California, I have to throw out all known things about wine to just enjoy the fact that there's a winery on a volcano. I mean, how cool is that.

The Honey was taking me around the island on our special day and indulged me on my request to check out the volcanoes. He suggested we spend some time at the Volcano Winery before exploring the lava tubes. I know, he's a keeper....

Upon pulling up to the tasting room, you'll notice a few rows of grape vines as it leads you to the small but quaint building. We were warmly greeted as we entered the tasting room and were invited to participate in the free tastings. YES PLEASE!

We tried seven wines that day:
    -Symphony Dry
    -Symphony Mele
    -Volcano Red
    -Infusion Blush
    -Hawaiian Guava
    -Macademia Nut Honey
    -Black Tea Infused Wine

To be honest, I cannot say that the wines were the best I've ever had. However, they were enjoyable & I would recommend them to any fan of sweet wines. We did particulary like the Symphony Mele with its light hints of fruit flavors and nabbed a few bottle to bring home.

The volcano winery just began cultivating it's own teas which they began infusing into some wines. Interesting flavor---unique though I'm not sure if I could have a whole glass of it myself.

The tasting room also had some great gift items: tshirts, glasses, bottle covers, etc. But one of the real gems at there was the hilarious woman who did our pourings. She had us cracking up the entire time.

VERY enjoyable and can easily be done within 30-45 minutes on your way up to the craters.

Andi Fisher
    5 Mar 19, 2014

Lovely winery in Volcano that is doing creative things with wine, fruit and tea.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Susan L
    5 Oct 23, 2013

Locally made wines from local grapes and a few tropical fruits!

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Kawehi C
    3 Jul 02, 2013

In volcano area but a nice tourist attraaaction

Kristin Frazier-Cheek
    5 Jun 21, 2013

Must stop in & check out their wine selections!

Iliahi Hawaii